It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSNBC Hosts Claim Dirty Donald Threatened Them With National Enquirer Hit Piece

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

While Donald Trump regularly blasts his critics in the media as "fake news," it's well known that he has a close relationship with the David Pecker, CEO of American Media, parent company of the archetypal tabloid, The National Enquirer. When it comes to the TNE and his boy Pecker, Trump has often been full of flattering remarks :

During primary season, TNE posted a series of fake news hit pieces against Trump's rivals. Trump would often cite these stories on the campaign trail. One of the more memorable was when he cited TNE in an attempt to link Rafael Cruz, father of the spineless Ted Cruz, to the JFK assassination. While he defended the absurd notion — and TNE — he of course took no blame for the words coming out of his own giant blowhole. That's okay, Ted Cruz is such a gutless wonder that you can in fact accuse his father of being involved in the JFK assassination and call his wife ugly — and he'll still come running like a good little lapdog.

Due to this cozy relationship with the TNE honcho and the tabloid's series of fake news attacks on his primary opponents, a lot folks started to wonder out loud if maybe the Trump campaign wasn't colluding with TNE to smear his rivals. This was an allegation that was vociferously denied.

Now it looks like just maybe TNE was doing the bidding of Dirty Donald, the Dishonest, and going after some other people that Donald Trump wasn't too happy with.

‘Morning Joe’ hosts say Trump threatened them with National Enquirer story unless they apologize

President Trump’s rivalry with the hosts of “Morning Joe” turned into a cyber rumble Friday after the MSNBC stars accused the commander in chief of blackmailing them.

In a Washington Post op-ed, Joe Scarborough and Mika Brzezinski said White House staffers — senior adviser Jared Kushner was reportedly among them — warned that the National Enquirer was preparing a damaging story about the co-hosts’ off-air relationship.

The only way to stop the article was to personally apologize to Trump for harsh comments about him on “Morning Joe.”

I can't get to the op-ed because it's behind a pay wall but the gist here is that Scarborough and Brzezinski are claiming that they were told to apologize if they didn't want the story to be published. TNE denies this. The line from Donald Trump is that Scarborough reached out to him and asked to have the story killed:

Scarborough is calling Trump a liar and furthermore, is now claiming that Trump called him and bragged about having stories planted to hurt his rivals. Ruh roh. (from the NY Daily News link):

“Yet another lie. I have texts from your top aides and phone records. Also, those records show I haven't spoken with you in many months,” he wrote. “Why do you keep lying about things that are so easily disproven? What is wrong with you?”

Scarborough earlier in the day highlighted Trump’s friendship with David Pecker, owner of Enquirer parent American Media, Inc. “Donald Trump called me during the campaign and bragged about his friend who runs the National Enquirer,” Scarborough said. "There were all these stories that were planted in the National Enquirer for people who Donald Trump wanted to attack.”

The NY Daily News article also reminds readers of a WSJ story from the election that raised some eyebrows at the time but has been largely forgotten amid the torrent of coverage of the Clownship Trump:

A Wall Street Journal story published four days before the election detailed how American Media, Inc. paid a former Playboy model $150,000 for her story on her affair with Trump in 2006. The story never ran.

Hmmmmm?
edit on 2017-6-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
THUGGERY.
Period.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This back and forth hatred is getting exhausting.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Hmmmmm
trump owns you

link   
ATS, the best the internet has to offer.......

Humanity is screwed, that asteroid is taking too damn long.

link   
WAIT...

Isn't this blackmail....

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
CNN really loves this reality-show Soap Opera crap don't they? Anything to divert from their criminality!

President Trump should just lay low for a few days and let the damage to CNN, Lynch, Rice (testifies soon), Comey, Obama, Clinton... let all that damage bubble up to the top of the news cycles.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

MSNBC Hosts Claim Dirty Donald Threatened Them With National Enquirer Hit Piece

The title of the thread alone made me laugh so hard! (this isn't a jab at the OP whatsoever, the "Dirty Donald threatens MSNBS with hit piece!" part almost had me fall out of my chair Lmao!!!

I'll be interested to see the comments unfold with this one. Thanks for sharing AnteDiluvian

edit on 30-6-2017 by FamCore because: pic

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Isn't that the whole point of tabloids?

Do people even read TNE for news?

The sad thing is the actual networks that are supposed to give you the real news are no different from a tabloid, if not worse!!

So what exactly was the point of this?

Oh yea, the "real issue" as you so adequately put it, Trump being a thinned skinned asshole.

In other, and just as relevant news - water is wet and the sky is blue!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
CNN really loves this reality-show Soap Opera crap don't they? Anything to divert from their criminality!

President Trump should just lay low for a few days and let the damage to CNN, Lynch, Rice (testifies soon), Comey, Obama, Clinton... let all that damage bubble up to the top of the news cycles.

This has nothing to do with CNN though. Or Comey, Lynch, Rice, Obama, Clinton or any of the names you've listed.

This is about MSNBC, two of it's hosts, Donald Trump, his buddy Pecker and The National Enquirer.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A star for.the effort and perseverance for OP.

link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Hmmmmm
trump owns you

And yet, here you are, triggered and posting in my thread. So I guess that means I own you?

+13 more 
link   
Yay - the OP is back to what he knows best - posting innuendo, accusations and propaganda.

What's this, thread number 100 on Trump, none of which have anything of substance and are just hit pieces?
Gotta hand it to the OP - he's dedicated to his cause... or maybe his job.
edit on 30/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
WAIT...

Isn't this blackmail....

If the allegation is proven true, yeah. Is it true? Trump doesn't own TNE but he is friends with the owner. They would have to prove that Donald requested TNE to print the story.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Dirty Donald, the Dishonest

The way you call your President names ... oh my. You should take him on in 2020 and beat him at his own game.

Keep on truckin', theantediluvian. Your hit pieces always make me smile.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Oops... this smear is starting to smell of BS a bit already:

According to these officials, Kushner and Scarborough had spoken “many weeks ago” regarding a then upcoming negative Enquirer article on Scarborough and Brzezinski. Scarborough had “calmly sought” advice from Kushner, who “recommended he speak with the president.” But White House sources’ accounts of the conversation differed from Scarborough’s description and suggestions of more sinister interactions. No hostile threat or attempt at blackmail was made, according to these officials. “This is getting blown up on Twitter and elsewhere as some kind of blackmail operation,” one of the officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity in order to speak freely, said. “The truth is far more mundane. In this case, Joe was talking to Jared about his [bad] relationship with the president and a Enquirer hit piece he was uneasy about.”

Must be true right - it's unnamed officials...

www.thedailybeast.com...

edit on 30/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Are we supposed to feel sorry for the MSM?

They are ratings whores and liars.

Screw them and their fake news.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Oh look, it's "maybe it's his job" comment #20,000. I told you what I do for a living while you were bulls#ing in another thread, speaking matter-of-factly in gobbledlygook about things you know nothing about.

I'm one guy posting threads. You're in every single thread critical of Trump, defending him tooth and nail to the point that you'll flat out lie to do it. And you're not even an American. He's not your President. You can't even fall back on the excuse that you voted for him so you feel like you should defend your choice.

Add all that up and one might be forgiven for concluding that you're the one who is simply doing his job.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Look for me to run in 2020. Build the Dome!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Khaleesi

originally posted by: DanteGaland
WAIT...

Isn't this blackmail....

If the allegation is proven true, yeah. Is it true? Trump doesn't own TNE but he is friends with the owner. They would have to prove that Donald requested TNE to print the story.

It'll be interesting to see if Joe Scarborough coughs up the proof. I think to prove blackmail, it wouldn't matter if he could actually make good on the threat. Then again Joe could be pulling a "Trump tapes?"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join