It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PC Wayne Marques describes his desperate fight with London terrorists

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Interviews are starting to come out with PC Wayne Marques of the British Transport Police. Some of you may recall that early on in the London terror attack, one police officer took the fight to all three terrorists even though he was armed with only a baton. Here, he recounts the fight as it unfolded.

Not sure what happened to his partner, who was apparently with him before Marques went on the offensive but doesn't appear to have been involved in the actual fight.

Also not sure how Marques can sit, given that he clearly has a set of giant brass balls.

Not much to add, for my own part. Just thought some folks might be interested in his story.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Saw this on TV last night.

Brave man and a true hero.

Blessings to him.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Also not sure how Marques can sit, given that he clearly has a set of giant brass balls.

Give this man a wheelbarrow and a personal assistant to push it. He should never have to carry the weight of those balls again. He earned it.

Seriously. What a bad ass.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Do you think he's a contender for the George Cross?

George Cross

The GC, which may be awarded posthumously, is granted in recognition of: acts of the greatest heroism or of the most conspicuous courage in circumstances of extreme danger.

List of living recipients of the GC

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

In my book he certainly should at least be considered for it. After looking at a handful of other GC recipients he's sure as hell no less deserving than any of them.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

He's a bit more relaxed in this British Transport Police interview.

12:12 in the video you linked. "I started giving him my last messages." He took it to the limit. He's an example to live up to.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

He's a guarantee for this year's national Bravery Awards.

Is it just me or does he look like he's still struggling with the memories of that night? He's not comfortable speaking about it and that's how it should be. There are military, citizen and police bravery awards each year that I sometimes watch on YT and the news. That one thing always rings true...the heroes are always understated, modest men and women who shy away from all the praise.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I thought it was a reflection of the typical "stiff upper lip" you Limeys are always on about, for the most part. But he definitely has moments where it appears that it's hard for him to continue to relive it, much less keep talking about it.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

You'll know yourself, it's the amount of experience that gives people the thicker skin to live with violent incidents. Some incidents take longer to digest and maybe that's what happening here? He's a good advert for police because he rose to the occasion without revelling in it.

edit on 6.30.2017 by Kandinsky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that attacking a terrorist makes you a full-blown racist. Right 'left'?

If this man is awarded anything at all the libs will scream "fascism".

How dare he interfere with non-whites who were following their religion to-the-letter.

Hailing him as a hero surely makes you racist-by-association.

But, liberalism IS a mental condition, so there's that.

I propose we eliminate terrorism by forced-migration of MORE muslims, They'll help spread the peace.

Refugees welcome

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Brave brave cop, I was moved when I watched him on TV last night.
I have massive respect for our cops who only carry sticks. I've had my arse saved by a few over the years, and I've also helped a few out when they were outnumbered and doing the right thing.
Basic human respect for our cops is generally strong with the majority of people here.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
Do you think he's a contender for the George Cross?

He should be. He risked his life to protect other people and still thinks of those he couldn't save.

A true hero.

PS: one slightly off-topic question about his name: Marques is a Portuguese name, does anyone know why does he have that surname?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

I am humbled & amazed at the clearly very honest testimony (he details his 'failures' in the fight as well as his victories, demonstrating honesty & humility) - and the sheer bravery/ dedication/ perseverance, as he describes what happened in a literal blow by blow account. Men like this should be the people we hold up to the light of honour which usually instead falls upon the empty-headed, immoral celebrity muppets.

Proud to be a countryman, his deeds will become legend in the Metropolitan Police Force. Well done, well done. If we all could share this bravery, honesty, dignified strength & gentleman's code of conduct, the willingness to fight against the odds without fear of personal loss, just because it is RIGHT to do so - then we would be a nation of ('right-eous') men once more, instead of the servile tech addicts we have otherwise largely become.

I hope & expect that he will be formally honoured, along with colleagues who carried themselves in equal manner.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

Aw. Do you feel better now that you were able to latch on to this to try and get your political platform some attention? You poor thing, having to suffer a non-political thread.

#thoughtsandprayers

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Not sure what happened to his partner, who was apparently with him before Marques went on the offensive but doesn't appear to have been involved in the actual fight.

That was one of my first questions also... I think when he goes back to work he should request a new partner !!

I is a shame the first guy he went after was not taken out initially but reality is usually much different than some action movie..

edit on 727thk17 by 727Sky because: ..

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Do we know for sure he had a partner?
Cops walk the beat alone with their batons in my area. I bumped into one recently in a shady alley and saw the look of relief in his face when I smiled and said hello.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: InceyWincey

Do we know for sure he had a partner?
Cops walk the beat alone with their batons in my area. I bumped into one recently in a shady alley and saw the look of relief in his face when I smiled and said hello.

The video I listened to he said he had a partner... I was not there so other than him and his no aide partner (maybe a small woman?) who knows...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

My bad, just listened to it again and he said he heard hiscolleague extend his baton behind him.
Yes, I also wonder what his colleague did now.

new topics

top topics

join