It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many people who consider themselves Liberals are actually Statists and/or Authoritarians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

You should refer to my first post on the previous page.

Just saying you're anti-racist doesn't mean you get to be the most racist a person ever could be. Etc.
edit on 30-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

Excellent OP -- thank you for sharing the link!

Your point is well taken and it seems to go hand-in-hand with another tactic I learned of while researching NLP, in which one conditions others to identify with their "leader" to the extent that any attack on the "leader" is a personal attack on themselves... and Bush played that to the hilt. "If you're not with us, you're against us." If I dared criticize Bush taking military action in Afghanistan or Iraq, then I wasn't just criticizing one decision of Bush... I was criticizing -- hating! -- Bush personally, as well as anyone and everyone that agreed with Bush, and therefore I must hate "real" Americans. It couldn't possibly be that I thought there were better options for the USA to take... nope, I was just an American hater.

I'm sure you can explain what I'm trying to say much better than I just did, but I hope I explained it well enough that it made sense!

Thanks. Here's my 2017 edition:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

People just self-identifying with any size group activates the 'insult my group and I'll take it personally' complex.

So when its a mass scale social identity group the effect becomes ultimate. Just look at todays 'CNN called everyone stupid as shia'ite' thread, where no matter what the liberals wont budge in their support of CNN nor accept any of these videos because after all CNN plays lip service to progressive mumbo jumbo and they smear Trump for them. Nevermind that by spending 85% of all their coverage on RUSSIA they haven't even been covering all the other liberal values stuff they should have been criticizing Trump for. The progressives want to take down Trump By Any Meas Necessary, so who cares about liberal values when smearing Trump as both "Literally Hitler" AND as a Russian TRAITOR to the nation. Even though its doing their alleged liberal values platform a disservice, CNN says civil war and they've adopted that and will defend CNN because hey that's our group!

And when the groups have public celebrity'esque leadership elements the effect creates a state of mass psychosis wherein the subjects become (literally) addicted to self-deception regarding their groups (that is they get 'high' when they self-deceive).

During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.
www.scientificamerican.com...

When I read that in 2006 it became the basis of my politics, I became the "Anti-Ideologist", and "Socio-Agnosticism" was born.
edit on 30-6-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Wow. That's crazy. My mind is spinning now. It sure explains much about the political echo chambers on the internet these days... EVERYWHERE on the internet! Not even just on political websites anymore.

Thank you for the link/info. I'll be thinking on this.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Argh, that was supposed to say:
"Nevermind that by spending 85% of all their coverage on RUSSIA they haven't even been covering all the other liberal values stuff they should have been criticizing Trump for."

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join