It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for repealing Obamacare without replacing it

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Ares2493

I did some research and all the reporters and governors I could find call it a cut. The state can't afford to make up the difference. People will die to give tax cuts to the rich.

edit on 1-7-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Medicaid should cover the poor. Right now, it covers the working-poor...people who make up to $16,500 a year. "Poor" is defined by the Federal Government as earning less than $10,000 a year.

Those "tax cuts for the rich" that the low-IQ Democrats are stuck on, are corporate and ObamaCare insurance purchasers ACA taxes that were levied on them 7 years ago. Without the ObamaScrew law, there's no need for the taxes.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

The Medicaid expansion has been worth it. Imagine how it would have been if all 50 states had joined in the expansion. But, not to be. Congress will never come with anything better than ACA. Except universal healthcare, medicare for all, etc. I just wish they would get it over with so the losers can plan and the winners can celebrate.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye
all obamacare was for was lining the pockets of insurance companies by forcing people to buy insurance they couldd not afford because barry told us we had to or else face a fine. i say repeal it and cut insurance companies out of healthcare completely lets get nationalized healthcare pade for with tax dollars from a national sales tax on everything of 4 cent on the dollar this would also tax every stock sold on the stockmarket. why should wallstreet get to work tax free.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Insurance companies didn't want to have anything to do with ObamaCare until the President (Obama) promised them billions of dollars in "risk corridor" (aka taxpayer funded bailout) funds.

Turns out that they couldn't even make money with those risk-corridor funds added to the pot, so United Healthcare dropped out in 2015. Marco Rubio single handedly killed most of the risk-corridor bailout funds in early 2016, and President Trump is threatening to terminate what's left. (The Federal court has since deemed that bailout as illegal, since the funds weren't a part of the original ObamaCare bill.)

Nine out of 10 health insurance companies will not be participating in the ObamaCare private insurance market in 2018. They wouldn't miss THAT PART of ObamaCare if it were repealed.

The MEDICAID portion of ObamaCare are where certain health insurance companies (Aetna/United Health/Centene) are making a ROYAL KILLING in revenues. That money comes from the Federal Government and is a virtual bottomless pit of cash for them. The companies who LOVE ObamaCare are the ones making a killing off of Medicaid. They hate Repeal-Replace, and would hate straight Repeal even more.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Ares2493

I did some research and all the reporters and governors I could find call it a cut. The state can't afford to make up the difference. People will die to give tax cuts to the rich.

Trying to follow this specific discussion backwards, didn't have much luck.

Are you talking about the federal government pulling back 10% of the medicaid funds and leaving it to the states to cover? Because that was what the Democrats passed in the ACA back when this all started. That's something we've been talking about for years and were happy to see some states would not fall into that trap.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
Premiums and deductibles are so high that people may as well not be insured in the first place.

Nuke it from orbit. Full repeal. What we had before was not perfect but was better than the dung heap we have now.

35 year old before ObamaCare in Illinois (Income $45,000)
1,500 Deductible...then 100% of all medical costs, including prescriptions paid by Insurance.
Cost $185 a month. And, 25% of that $185 is deducted from taxable income.

35 year old after ObamaCare in Illinois (Income $45,000)
$1,700 Deductible...then you pay 20% of medical costs until you have paid $3,300 out-of-pocket.
Cost $566 a month. No income tax benefits.

REPEAL OBAMACARE and this 35 year old will be very happy! Chances are, he's forgoing health insurance right now, paying the IRS penalty, and praying for ObamaCare to "go the hell away".

My premiums *doubled* in 2009, before my son was born. The annual percentage increase to my premiums never changed, they just kept rising. I would always drop $25 at the the doctor's office at each visit, just to offset extra costs. Before 2009 that process resulted in some money being sent back to me. After 2009 we had to struggle to keep up with the medical bills, and these were not related to my son's health care.

Nuke it. Repeal it. Burn it and dance on the ashes.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

To make a living... plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Then this is word game and moving around numbers. Then telling the deplorables it's a repeal. Lol.
edit on 2-7-2017 by MOMof3 because: sp

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Because most people --- thanks mostly to the anti-ACA spin --- don't even remotely understand the bigger picture. As employers paid less-and-less of health insurance and rates rising geometrically, more-and-more people were going to the Emergency Dept to get care. They couldn't pay and hospitals were closing at an increasing and alarming rate because they had to eat that cost --- especially in the lower-economic markets. That's really not good. Somehow we had to get a much greater number of people covered AND get them to start doing some preventative healthcare in order to save the healthcare infrastructure. But the GOP talking points worked to drown that out. ALL they want is to erase anything Obama. They don't give a crap about providing healthcare. Trump doesn't either. He lied outright to the American people in order to get elected. 'Everyone will get a better, cheaper health insurance' --- that was the sales pitch. Then once he got elected, 'Who knew it was this complicated?' Oh I don't know Donald, maybe everyone for the last 30yrs?? And NOW he shows his true colors, 'Just repeal ObamaCare and we'll replace it later...' maybe... or not. Who cares?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508

Because most people --- thanks mostly to the anti-ACA spin --- don't even remotely understand the bigger picture. As employers paid less-and-less of health insurance and rates rising geometrically, more-and-more people were going to the Emergency Dept to get care. They couldn't pay and hospitals were closing at an increasing and alarming rate because they had to eat that cost --- especially in the lower-economic markets. That's really not good. Somehow we had to get a much greater number of people covered AND get them to start doing some preventative healthcare in order to save the healthcare infrastructure. But the GOP talking points worked to drown that out. ALL they want is to erase anything Obama. They don't give a crap about providing healthcare. Trump doesn't either. He lied outright to the American people in order to get elected. 'Everyone will get a better, cheaper health insurance' --- that was the sales pitch. Then once he got elected, 'Who knew it was this complicated?' Oh I don't know Donald, maybe everyone for the last 30yrs?? And NOW he shows his true colors, 'Just repeal ObamaCare and we'll replace it later...' maybe... or not. Who cares?

Every politician lies on the campaign trail... everyone should know that. To believe otherwise is to not understand how politics works. All we do is vote for the more convincing liar or the lesser of two evils.

Obamacare is crap.. was crap... why do you think it was signed behind closed doors and rushed through? They knew it was a honking pile of horse #..

Everyone i know, myself included, has been #ed over by obamacare... the only thing i advocate from personal experience with it is to remove it from law.

No GOP or Dem can convince me one way or the other because no liar out of Washington can beat personal experience.

No one wins.

Doctors hate it, insurance companies hate it, gov hates it...

Just repeal... i don't care about replacement because in my mind gov #ed with healthcare and failed to do anything remotely useful in the way of making it affordable or good for ANYONE.

Those receiving medicare/medicaid under obamacare would have eventually lost it anyway due to the increasing burden on the states.

Gov needs to get their paws off healthcare and keep it that way.

They don't know what they're doing unless their goal is fleecing the sheep.

I can understand the crisis that led to its creation but it just postponed the inevitable collapse and gave the illusion of a "fix" but actually further broke a broken system.

Basically the ACA just glued the pieces of a plate together and now all we have left is shards. There's no repairing it. Turn back the clock and lets deal with with the real issues.

The cost of healthcare, the cost of education, and kick insurance companies to the curb. They're not useful... if you have insurance it doesn't completely cover everything and the patient then becomes a victim of both the cost AND the illness/injury.

In the united states of greed, there's no fix. Only profit. Our healthcare, food, etc is only based on the bottom line. FIX that problem and then we can actually get something done about healthcare. Greed and profit will have to be removed from the equation first.
edit on 2-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

LOL 2/3 of the people qualify for medicaid . It looks like they need to apply for medicaid and not Obozocare.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I'm at a point where I say, let it crash and burn. I have family, friends that rely on the ACA, Medicare, Medicaid, the whole suite. But as ive told them, when D.C. has marching angry families on the White House because of their failed childish policies run by the head child, they had better "hope" they are prepared for the fallout.

And, it's ridiculously sad that I have to feel this way about people I care for.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Once again, another topic, Healthcare in this case, where less than 5% of the people slinging mud have even the slightest clue as to what they're talking about! Where 95% of the people who are upset are being fueled by allowing themselves to be whipped up into a frenzy by the MSM. A bunch of people running around mad as hell, but not having a clue about what they're mad about aside from the fact someone told them to be mad. Unbelievable! Does it ever end?

There's no rational logic in 95% of the debate, just people lashing out with pure emotion, nothing more. I can just about guarantee no single person here understands the ACA (cover to cover). I know I sure don't. With the possible exception of Climate Change, the ACA, has to be one of the biggest bureaucratic boondoggles ever foisted upon the American people! It's Biblically complex...by design. This is exactly what the bureaucrats wanted, something so utterly and impossibly complicated that no human being (alive or dead) could ever have a prayer of understanding it. That way, they can make it be whatever they want it to be whenever they want to.

We're the federal government, and we're here to help. God help us all!! The federal government doesn't "help" anything!

Nothing, no single bill, act or piece of legislation needs to be so complicated that it takes a forklift to carry the regulations around with. None! Zero! That alone is a travesty of the American trust.

Should it be repealed? It should have never been passed in the first damn place!! I think you can figure the rest out from here.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Once again, another topic, Healthcare in this case, where less than 5% of the people slinging mud have even the slightest clue as to what they're talking about! Where 95% of the people who are upset are being fueled by allowing themselves to be whipped up into a frenzy by the MSM.

Should it be repealed? It should have never been passed in the first damn place!! I think you can figure the rest out from here.

Not surprisingly 95% of the Senators, or the President of the United States understand the Health Insurance Market. They are too wrapping up in making it complicated to understand that TOO MUCH GOVERNMENT IS THE PROBLEM.

1. First Open up Medicare and Medicaid to everyone who is turned down by Private Insurance.

2. Totally repeal ObamaCare.

3. The Free Market will take it from there.

PROBLEM SOLVED BY AMERICANS...NOT GOVERNMENT!

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Agreed. Just one thing to add though...

4. Establish reasonable definitions for Malpractice and set reasonable limits on damage awards in the civil system. Eliminate or significantly curtail punitive damages. Make frivolous lawsuits a crime (for both plaintiff AND attorney).

As it stands right now we've got insurance companies insuring medical professionals from other insurance companies suing them. Insurance against insurance. We've also got insurance companies insuring insurance companies. You can't start fixing this problem until you address the underlying cause which is legal action over every cotton pickin' thing imaginable. Liability in today's lawsuit crazy legal system is immeasurable...and the insurance companies are cleaning up as a result.

The reason healthcare costs are so high is because of the TRILLIONS of dollars insurance companies make off the whole lawsuit / premiums game. It's like freaking Vegas, where the house always wins!

edit on 7/2/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
And perhaps, while you're on a roll here, we should add an item #5 also..

5. Take big pharma all the way to the mat on their pricing! There's no way they can justify the prices they gouge out of the public. They're ripping people off, and they know it. They hide behind the shield of "liability" like many of the rest of the insurance companies, but in reality they're extortionists, plain and simple.

It's sad really, to see a system of healthcare professionals which works so well professionally at the discipline level be corrupted by everything BUT healthcare! I know many doctors and healthcare professionals, colleagues, and they make no bones about why their prices are so outrageously high...insurance. When a non-generic medication costs thousands of dollars per dose (even to them), due soley to proprietary patents and the like, it's no wonder things cost what they do.

Now, I'm all for preserving professional and intellectual rights owing to invention, but $5,000 per pill???? C'mon!! There's absolutely ZERO cost/benefit there...just pure GREED!

Yeah, so I say; put the kibosh on the frivolous, ambulance chasing attorneys looking to make a buck, and put big pharma in their place. "You are not Gods"...(especially considering all your qualifications in your ads, which are nauseous beyond description, you are just like us at the end of the day)... You're just humans, like us, wanting to live.

Another side line; I think big pharma commercials should be restricted in the MSM. They shouldn't be allowed. What other motive could there be than to attract people to their product, disclaim any liability and scream "wiggly, wiggly, wiggly" all the way to the bank??? Surely people can see this, right? Well, perhaps not.

Anyway, that's my .02.

edit on 7/2/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

The Medicaid expansion has been worth it.

Before 2008 Americans must have been dying in droves with zero medical coverage... Man, I'm sure how we lived these past 200 plus years without medicaid and ACA....

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

5. Take big pharma all the way to the mat on their pricing! There's no way they can justify the prices they gouge out of the public. They're ripping people off, and they know it. They hide behind the shield of "liability" like many of the rest of the insurance companies, but in reality they're extortionists, plain and simple.

I'm sure India would make it much cheaper... Give big pharma some competition.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join