It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for repealing Obamacare without replacing it

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Sun Jul 2 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye
Medicaid has expanded to cover the middle class. The middle class don't want to buy that kind of health insurance. Insurance makes money by duping the middle class. Insurance companies hire lots of people. The only way to pay the salaries of their employees is by duping their customers.

Out of 50 states, only 31 have "expanded Medicaid".

Chart: www.medicaid.gov...

Medicaid Expansion States allow individuals who earn up to (approx.) $16,800 a year to sign-up for free Medicaid.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Except. Nothing. Is. Free.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denverbronkos
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

That's in the city of Chicago. The suburbs and rural areas are even HIGHER.

Go to www.HealthSherpa.com and enter a zip code near you.

Have a barf-bag nearby if you've not been exposed to ObamaScrew before.
edit on Sun Jul 2 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: allsee4eye

Except. Nothing. Is. Free.

It depends on if you're drinking from the government nipple, or if you are on side supplying the milk. ;-)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

One's welfare is another one's tax. Someone has to pay for it. Unless it's like Venezuela where the government prints and collapses.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: riiver

And The Declaration of Independence was the moral document that started a revolution that led to the formation of the Constitution. Because people felt they had no representation in the British government. After servitudes the poor could go get something they never dreamed of in England, land for free. The biggest giveaway in history and many rich americans since.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

In government, numbers are people. Taking billions out of the Medicaid and forcing states to make it up, is murder. Blood money.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Hyperbolic much? Survival of the fittest, if it's murder then lock Mother Nature up because she's a serial killer.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This is true, that it was the moral document behind things. But it is NOT a legal document, so the "life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness" line has no legal weight, whereas things like "no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation," which are found in the Constitution, do. That was the whole point.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

And that is where we are at with our health care system, a moral issue. Is it a right or a privelege. Doctors and hospitals won't treat without payment. That system has failed too many and that is bad for the nation.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

In government, numbers are people. Taking billions out of the Medicaid and forcing states to make it up, is murder. Blood money.

Even this "slight" transfer of the Medicaid cost to the states is scaring a lot of governors. Even 10% of the Medicaid cost for their state will be devastating. But that's how ObamaCare was designed.

""In the first three years of the Medicaid expansion, the federal government picked up 100 percent of the tab to provide health care to residents who would not be eligible under the state’s former program.

2017 is the first year when the federal government will not pay the entirety of the expansion bill, requiring states to pay 5 percent of the cost. By 2020, states will have to pay for 10 percent of it.""

www.benefitspro.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   
THIS IS CLASSIC CNN. Taking a FAKE Report and Spinning it to be even more damning.

money.cnn.com...

Straight Repeal = 18 Million People Without Insurance in 2018. What a crock of crap!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Hyperbolic much? Survival of the fittest, if it's murder then lock Mother Nature up because she's a serial killer.

As soon as human beings evolved enough to alter their environment by using fire and tools (and subsequently agriculture and civilization); we effectively took ourselves out of the natural order of things.

"Survival of the fittest" no longer applies to humans.

We have (and have been using) the means and know-how to operate outside of nature and the laws that govern nature for thousands of years now.

There's no reason for people to live in Las Vegas. Without man-made irrigation the city would be an inhospitable desert. Without artificial heating and insulation sub-arctic life would be nigh impossible for large populations.

The fact is, we've moved beyond the "rules" that govern other organisms in the animal kingdom, and "survival of the fittest" may have once applied (when we were hunter-gatherers) but we aren't that type of creature anymore.

If you wish, you are free to cut all ties to anything remotely modern and move into a cave and shun all man-made advancements over the last 20,000 years. Then, I suppose you could reestablish "survival of the fittest" in a true, proper, and pure sense.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Then why do we have medicine compounds that we reap from the earth? As humans do we let people live with broken limbs? Why did humans discover surgery? What was it all for?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

That is not going to work either. States are too poor because all except Cali, are in a race to the bottom on collecting tax revenue. With more tax cuts proposed with repeal of health care and tax cut reform plans, the rich getting richer and the poor suffer and die.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
which may not be as important in the aftermath of other disasters.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Mitch McConnell says they will stick to repeal and replace, because they want to force people onto a healthcare plan that forces people to vote GOP, one that is low on taxes and covers more people, which is in other words a pipe dream. You can either have more taxes and put more people on healthcare or lower taxes and put less people on healthcare, but you can't have both.

thehill.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AkontaDarkpaw

originally posted by: Ares2493

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I am at the end and my husband has cancer and another disease after 40 years of pouring concrete. I know about life. And I want better for the future.

Taking away medical coverage to give to the rich is wrong is my point. They will be hated more than they are now. And its rich people deciding our future, Trump said he didn't trust poor people. Goes both ways.

If your husband worked all his life paid taxes he deserves it. I have a problem with putting perfectly healthy leeches of society on Medicaid which should only be reserved for retirees. Ps Medicaid isn't funded by the rich but by everyone paying taxes.

I worked for many years and now i'm temporarily disabled. I paid into medicaid or medicare but i can't work right now but i'm far too young to retire. In your opinion (and i am interested to know) would i be a leech or would i be "rightfully" recouping the fruits of my labor while working on getting my health back?
Yes of course. You contributed!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Actually it's not a cut. Just won't be contributing more than they are now.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join