It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump calls for repealing Obamacare without replacing it

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

And life? What does liberty and happiness matter without life? Something is wrong when life, liberty and happiness is only for the rich. Try going to work with inflamed hemmorroids or waiting in ER for 4 hours, losing pay.

link   
dbl
edit on 30-6-2017 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: kurthall

Fix it? It is working as intended. It needs to be removed from law. Its illegal limo to begin with

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Good, screw it.

I get that this doesn't work- but it could- all you'd have to do is ban health insurance completely at the same time.

Can't fix the cost of healthcare with insurance in the picture.

You realize that would crash the health care industry which would domino effect crash the economy right? Do you guys even think about the consequences of your suggestions?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
And we have a President who is characteristically unable to admit when he is wrong. (He calls himself on the "Right" these days, but with this issue he's quite obviously on the "Wrong".)

The Republicans are at a loss as to what to do next. The will not be able to fulfill Trumps promise to "repeal and replace" with something better and cheaper, because it can't be done, particularly while giving tax cuts to the 1%.

In the meantime, he has sabotaged Obamacare to insure it fails, by refusing to provide subsidies to those states who are struggling with high premiums, causing the premiums to go up even more, and/or the insurance providers to pull out. When he says Obamacare will "crash and burn", he's absolutely correct. And he is engineering it's fall.

It's a grand manipulation of our heathcare system, the insurance providers, and the people themselves.

Donald Trump has repeatedly assured the American people that their health-care system will collapse on his watch. In many instances, the president has framed this claim as a matter-of-fact assessment of Obamacare’s incurable flaws — in others, as a promise to kill the law by any means necessary.

In early April, Trump sounded the latter note. In an interview with The Wall Street Journal, the president suggested that he would cease paying out cost-sharing reductions — subsidies to insurers that defray the cost of covering low-income Obamacare enrollees — so as to engineer a crisis in the private insurance market, and, thus, generate more support for repealing Barack Obama’s signature law.

nymag.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Well the American people did vote to get rid of it. So maybe they should just get rid of Medicade and Medicare. And see what happens.

Maybe next time quite so many people won't vote to get rid of it.

True, but the American people did not vote for it either! I didnt agree with it to begin with. Keep the government out of our food and health care.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
This is something that i am all for.

Obamacare isn't really good for anyone.

It's designed to raise the cost of insurance substantially EVERY year thus breaking the banks of those who don't qualify for medicaid/medicare.

Not to mention if you can't afford insurance, oops i'm sorry you'll have to pay. And that tax increases every year also.

Who wins? The ones with their hands out.

Who loses? In the end everyone.

My husband and i got on obamacare, got a subsidy, had too much income yet couldn't afford the premiums so we got slammed with a huge tax bill which we can't pay. We have to not only repay the subsidy but also pay the uninsured tax.

I'm not complaining to complain here... there was an issue with our tax withholding and unexpected windfalls and losses etc. The problem is that for those barely off the ropes of poverty but not far enough up the chain of middle class Obamacare hurts.

It needs to be repealed. Government needs to stay out of healthcare until they're willing to set up a system like those that work in other countries.

It isn't a win for anyone and especially not the country as a whole.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Well the American people did vote to get rid of it. So maybe they should just get rid of Medicade and Medicare. And see what happens.

True, but the American people did not vote for it either! I didnt agree with it to begin with. Keep the government out of our food and health care.

Absolutely right!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Keep the government out of our food and health care.

Are you sure about that? You might want to check into some of the toxicities in food and drugs that the FDA has prevented you from consuming. People will sell you some very vile and contaminated substances and foods to pad their pockets. Shouldn't there be someone with the authority to say "You Can't Do That"?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Government needs to stay out of healthcare until they're willing to set up a system like those that work in other countries.

Why do you think they are unwilling to do that?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Are you sure about that? You might want to check into some of the toxicities in food and drugs that the FDA has prevented you from consuming. People will sell you some very vile and contaminated substances and foods to pad their pockets. Shouldn't there be someone with the authority to say "You Can't Do That"?

Oh gosh yes, absolutely. If we didn't have governments regulating what MOnsanto and co could put in our food, we'd all be in very serious trouble indeed.

I mean we're already in serious trouble as it is. But things would be much much worse.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Government needs to stay out of healthcare until they're willing to set up a system like those that work in other countries.

Why do you think they are unwilling to do that?

Because it actually works. And lack of profit. This country is like the Ferengi... profit is everything.

Sure there's problems... same as anything else but when has our government ever actually FIXED something?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Oh gosh yes, absolutely. If we didn't have governments regulating what MOnsanto and co could put in our food, we'd all be in very serious trouble indeed.

I mean we're already in serious trouble as it is. But things would be much much worse.

That's what happens when companies that create poisons are put in charge of the food supply.

In this country we do things a$$ backwards like putting foxes in charge of the henhouse and allowing wolves to protect the sheep.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

This country is like the Ferengi... profit is everything.

Lol! Love it!

And ironically we have put the head profiteer-in-chief in charge of the areas of our lives where turning a profit should be secondary to our well-being.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

I wanted to say, I'm so sorry your family suffered this outrage. It never should have happened. Instead of the government going in to fix things, make it right and try to help, they are actually orchestrating these type of events.
To prove they are "right". It's an affront to our way of life.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Who said the ACA was perfect??

Did I say that??? No.

People were hurt by it, and some businesses (that were not able to provide the coverage requirements).

People were also hurt by the Republican sabotage of the law and inability to sit down and fix problems rather than make them worse.

Many millions were also helped by the ACA, so don't try to pretend they weren't.

Right now my government is actively trying to make it so I can't take care of my son's heart condition- lifetime caps combined with three open heart surgeries, heart MRIs and multiple Cath Lab visits, a future stint...and even with all that, another major surgery. Of course, we won't be eligible for that if our insurance company goes back to lifetime caps or if they price us out of the market with thousands of dollars per month in premiums. He is currently alive due to massive amounts of expensive medications.

What do you want me to do? Advocate for his death?

I want healthcare for everyone to be affordable and manageable, of a quality that matches our technology and skill. I want this for your parents too.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Repealing now would make millions of families very happy. Return of Freedom to shop as they please.

Lots of taxes would go away. Ie.. 3% tax on every ins premium.

High risk pool for sick.

Adjust medicaid to accept all under 100% of fpl instead of just preg women and children.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3
Life is not a guarantee in any place nor at any time. What are you trying to get at, here? You're making really odd comments that make little-to-no sense concerning my argument.

If life was a guarantee or a right, abortion would be illegal (except to save the life of the mother). If life was a guarantee, hospitals would get sued every single time someone died there.

Why do you keep referencing "the rich?" What is your definition of rich? I'm far from rich, but I can afford private health insurance and my doctor bills and prescriptions, and that's on a salary of well less than $100K/year as a single-income family of four. So I ask you again, what are you railing on about concerning "the rich" only get this or that? It's a ridiculous argument.

And you're talking to a guy with both chronic back pain (disc problem in my lowest vertebrae) and chronic asthma, and is sitting here typing this with a full-thickness tear in my supraspinatus tendon in my rotator cuff, for which I will be having surgery on the 7th. Again--what is your point about all of this? We all have our own ailments...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Enjoy the floundering, though--I agree, though, that if they really wanted to replace it, they could have easily had a decent plan already. The problem is, the PPACA is designed to be unviable and lead to a single-payer system, and so replacing something that is designed so terribly is nearly impossible (and, IMO, inappropriate for the federal government to be doing, anyhow).

yeah I agree it's a complicated issue, but they spent the last 18 months telling us how EASY it was going to be. Then suddenly ' Who knew healthcare would be so complicated?"

They should have had a single payer option to start with. America needs to get with the times. I do think there are some things, actually most things, that should be left up to the individual states, but national interests should be handled by the Fed.

Healthcare should be a national interest and governed at the federal level with as much input and guidance from states as humanly possible. If you did that, instead of lobbyists in lieu of elected state officials, we'd be far better off.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Insurance was rising every year at a much higher rate than prior to the ACA. It actually slowed the rate of premium hikes, but due to active sabotage you are seeing a directly engineered increase courtesy of your Republican Party.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join