It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My intriguing lucid dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
I occasionally become lucid while dreaming. It seems somewhat random and for the longest time this frustrated me, as when you're lucid you feel incredibly powerful and confident. It's a wonderful feeling. Last night as I lay down to sleep I kept repeating to myself, "I will remember my dream, I will know I'm dreaming. I will remember my dream, I will know I'm dreaming....." I did this until I must have fallen asleep. Here is what I dreamed of, and I wrote this up as soon as I woke up, so please forgive any spelling or grammatical errors as I was just interested in getting everything I could remember down before it faded from memory.

My Dream

I appeared in my grandmother's yard at night, and it was very still and quiet. I was immediately aware I was dreaming and began to imagine myself flying and floating, something I always have some trouble doing while lucid. This time it was not as difficult and I floated next door to my childhood home. I landed in the yard and began to think about the different things I could do or change. I flew oout to road over the fence and saw a puddle of dark water in the road; I didn't know what I wanted to change about it exactly but thought it would be a fun experiment. I squinted my eyes and focused on the puddle kind of letting my mind wander - and after a few moments of concentration the water became this trippy color, almost like how oil looks on top of water except it wasn't just a surface coloration, the liquid actually had that weird bright rainbow hue to it.

This made me really excited and I felt a huge rush of power, so I wanted to try something else. I wanted to make it daylight. I again squinted and concentrated and it was MUCH more difficult to shift the darkness of night into a bright sunny afternoon. I could see the sky twist and flicker in places for a minute or two before it snapped into a gorgeous summer day. I was ecstatic and decided to walk down the road through my old town.

On the next road over I began to see people who I would greet with ridiculous enthusiasm, almost being goofy about it. They would wave back with huge grins and seemed genuinely happy to see me. I continued to walk towards the end of the road towards where one of the main streets in the town intersected it; that's where stuff began to seem different. Across the road, which in the real world is just an empty field, there was now a huge building that looked like an overgrown fire station. Beyond that in the distance I could see an enormous storm. IOncredible amounts of lightning were striking but I never heard the thunder. It was like that scene in Lord of the Rings where they can see the dark clouds of Mordor. There was some traffic on the street and I saw people entering and exiting the building and I became curious. I floated across the street and entered the building.

Inside it was cavernous and largely bare. Like a large empty warehouse. There were groups of people talking of all ages and I felt a little out of place. I decided to once again test my ability to change stuff but this time I wanted to recreate my little dachshund dog Copper, my best buddy when I was between eight and ten. This was the hardest thing to do, it seemed and I had to really really focus my intention on him. I opened my eyes a few times to see a small brown cat, a cat-doggish looking thing (it was still pretty cute) and then finally my little buddy was in my hands and I was giddy like a little boy again. I sat down and he just went nuts licking my face and hands the way a dog does when you've been gone all day. I laughed and laughed and thought this was the greatest feeling in the world. Then a group of kids approached me.

They didn't tell me their names, but began to talk to me and told me they were dreamers as well. I remember two little boys, both with dark hair and a little girl. The little girl seemed to be the one in charge for lack of a better word and asked if I had seen the distant storm. I said I had and she said I should come with them and that they wanted me to meet someone. I was taken back by all this and the suddenness with which it happened; during the conversation my dog had disappeared and I presume it's because I was listening to her and not concentrating on him. I decided 'what the hell, let's go with it' and I agreed to follow them. It was then that I realized that we were all around the same height - I was a child. I asked her why I looked like a kid and she told me you can look however you want to in the dream and that she wasn't what she seemed to be. I remember asking 'well who are you for real?' and smiled and said she was really a 52 year old man who decided he had wanted to look like a little girl. I thought this was hilarious.

I followed this group out of the building and we went away from the storm; I told them we should just cut across the yards since this was a dream and we could do whatever we wanted so we did just that. After only a few minutesw of hiking we came to what looked like an industrial park. They led me to a run down looking building and when I went inside it was like a different space. The room was quaint and quiet, clean and cozy with chairs around the room and a shelf with old books on it that filled the air with their musty paper scent. At the far end of the room was sat a desk, cov ered with paperwork and behind the desk sat an adult woman with dark hair pulled back away from her face. She wasn't old looking but not yound either, and had really dark and penetrating eyes. I was a little intimidated at first but she asked me to come over and sit and her voice was very kind so I felt much more at ease and did as she asked.

She said she was an ancient and also wasn't what she appeared to be. She said she was much much older than she seemed. I asked how old, and one of the kids said probably hundreds of years, but she grinned and said that no, she was actually 1500 years old. I didn't quite believe her but decided to just let this unfold since I was having a blast. The group of kids I had come with and myself she referred to as dream walkers. She told me she was part of something called the Council and that it had been formed to deal with something bad that was occurring. I inquired some more and asked if she meant the storm. She said that the storm was just a symptom of something they had been calling the infection. She wouldn't tell me anything else until I signed a piece of paper essentially pledging I would fight this infection with them.

I was a little paranoid feeling and tried to ask more questions which seemed to irritate her a bit. I felt pressured to sign and when she seemed to be getting a little impatient with me I remarked, "Well you'd think that after 1500 years you would have learned to be patient." She laughed at that remark and seemed to calm down a bit. I remember I wanted to be my grown self again and concentrated. I changed instantly and without much effort. The children all remarked how different I looked and even the woman looked slightly surprised. Being an adult I felt more assertive and sure of myself and decided to sign. She closed the book which had been open in front of me to sign and then told me I was now a Defender. It was like a rank of some sort.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:34 AM
link   
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

Everything shifted abruptly and now I was in what looked like a modern shopping mall, only it was absolutely enormous and mazelike - with corridors and open areas spread haphazardly. The kids I was with had become grown and then the boys (well now men I guess) went into a storefront and came out with my gear. This consisted of some sort of high-tech looking vest with readouts on it and was a dull grey color; it was extremely comfortable and I didn't even notice any weight to it despite it looking a little bulky. There was also a small piece of cloth they wrapped around my throat and a small pin-like device they attached to it that they said would let me talk to them when seperated. Then final piece of kit I was given was a large rifle that looked straight out of Fifth Element. It had switches and counters all over it and some sort of strange holographic looking display that seemed like radar. It was incredibly light as well.

After getting suited up we began to move through the mall. It was filled with people who I felt weren't actual people but more like dream figments; they didn't seem to notice us or really interact with us. We soon ran into what I assume was the enemy. It sounds a little ridiculous, and I thought it was when I first saw them, but they all looked like Master Chief from Halo. These Chiefs were running through the mall shooting people and corralling them into different open areas. They did this with what looked like military tactics; moving to a doorway, covering it while others moved up and into the next area, that sort of thing. They saw my group and started shooting and moving extremely aggressively.

I followed my small group's example and we began to return fire but it was soon clear we were horribly outnumbered. Each of us were incredibly agile and could jump and slide and move like an action movie on steroids but no matter how many of the Chiefs we seemed to kill (I say seemed because when they would "die" they just sort of turned a bluish opaque color and dissintegrated into nothing) we were constantly being pushed back. At one point another group of dream walkers joined us and we were able to push back a bit, with my team moving down a side corridor to flank the Chiefs. I saw in this one central area there seemed to be a groupd of these mall-denizens bowing to a group of Chiefs, which I thought was frigging weird, but we used them as a sort of distraction to get in close and light them up. After some more intense exchanges of fire the Chiefs seemed to retreat down a very large corridor and I knew we had 'won' the fight.

I felt wiped out and as my group began to hoof it back towards where we set out from initially I asked one of the guys if I'd be exhausted when I woke up. He told me that 'no, when you exert youself here it doesn't affect your body and I should feel rested.' As we walked towards the exit of the mall on our end of it (I guess it was, it felt like friendly territory anyway) I remember walking out the door into the sunlight and then everything fading to white as I finally woke up.

-----------

So that's it. I just wanted to share it with everyone and maybe talk about it if anyone is interested. It was quite a ride, let me tell you.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: WHWIV

when you're lucid you feel incredibly powerful and confident

I'm still reading your post, but I wanted to say this statement you made is true. I've felt this myself while lucid.

I will reply after i'm done reading.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: WHWIV
CONTINUED FROM PREVIOUS POST

Everything shifted abruptly and now I was in what looked like a modern shopping mall, only it was absolutely enormous and mazelike - with corridors and open areas spread haphazardly. The kids I was with had become grown and then the boys (well now men I guess) went into a storefront and came out with my gear. This consisted of some sort of high-tech looking vest with readouts on it and was a dull grey color; it was extremely comfortable and I didn't even notice any weight to it despite it looking a little bulky. There was also a small piece of cloth they wrapped around my throat and a small pin-like device they attached to it that they said would let me talk to them when seperated. Then final piece of kit I was given was a large rifle that looked straight out of Fifth Element. It had switches and counters all over it and some sort of strange holographic looking display that seemed like radar. It was incredibly light as well.

After getting suited up we began to move through the mall. It was filled with people who I felt weren't actual people but more like dream figments; they didn't seem to notice us or really interact with us. We soon ran into what I assume was the enemy. It sounds a little ridiculous, and I thought it was when I first saw them, but they all looked like Master Chief from Halo. These Chiefs were running through the mall shooting people and corralling them into different open areas. They did this with what looked like military tactics; moving to a doorway, covering it while others moved up and into the next area, that sort of thing. They saw my group and started shooting and moving extremely aggressively.

I followed my small group's example and we began to return fire but it was soon clear we were horribly outnumbered. Each of us were incredibly agile and could jump and slide and move like an action movie on steroids but no matter how many of the Chiefs we seemed to kill (I say seemed because when they would "die" they just sort of turned a bluish opaque color and dissintegrated into nothing) we were constantly being pushed back. At one point another group of dream walkers joined us and we were able to push back a bit, with my team moving down a side corridor to flank the Chiefs. I saw in this one central area there seemed to be a groupd of these mall-denizens bowing to a group of Chiefs, which I thought was frigging weird, but we used them as a sort of distraction to get in close and light them up. After some more intense exchanges of fire the Chiefs seemed to retreat down a very large corridor and I knew we had 'won' the fight.

I felt wiped out and as my group began to hoof it back towards where we set out from initially I asked one of the guys if I'd be exhausted when I woke up. He told me that 'no, when you exert youself here it doesn't affect your body and I should feel rested.' As we walked towards the exit of the mall on our end of it (I guess it was, it felt like friendly territory anyway) I remember walking out the door into the sunlight and then everything fading to white as I finally woke up.

-----------

So that's it. I just wanted to share it with everyone and maybe talk about it if anyone is interested. It was quite a ride, let me tell you.

This group actually exists and i've met dream walkers in real life.

I first heard of dream walkers in 2001, from a really good friend of mine. Another friend also is one. I've never been truly lucid in a dream though i've become aware of dreaming.

My friend that i know now has told me about this group you met in your dream, he has worked with them at different points.

While its true that you shouldn't feel tired after exerting yourself, sometimes dreams can cross the barrier between waking and sleeping. It depends on the individual.
edit on 30-6-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

I'd be extremely interested in any more information about these dream walkers you can share. Like what sort of interactions your friend had with them, the context of those interactions, etc. Just as much info as you can provide.

It was really a singular and awesome experience. I sort of feel like they were just hanging out in this building and happened to see me create my dog and then noticed and approached me. No clue really just a gut feeling.

Thanks for your interest!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: WHWIV
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

I'd be extremely interested in any more information about these dream walkers you can share. Like what sort of interactions your friend had with them, the context of those interactions, etc. Just as much info as you can provide.

It was really a singular and awesome experience. I sort of feel like they were just hanging out in this building and happened to see me create my dog and then noticed and approached me. No clue really just a gut feeling.

Thanks for your interest!

Due to the nature of some things, i'd really prefer to provide more info in pm.

new topics

top topics

join