It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Middle Class is tired of carrying the entire planets problems on our backs, done tired of it

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Notably0ffbeat
I make 12.50 an hour, with a 55 hour work week that's 3100 a month. The govt takes roughly 20% or 625, rent takes another 1000, utilities 200, other bills 340 (phone/cigs/insurances) leaving 240/wk for food.

Not bad, but I have no heathcare... Cannot afford a newer vehicle, and to go out and do stuff. But it is better than a month ago when I made 10 with no overtime. I have 18 yrs experience in my field.

That situation is pretty bad. What do you do for work? No one should be working 55 hours a week to make the very basics. For that matter, you're not even making the baiscs. No health insurance, no car fund, no savings, no vacation, no retirement, no entertainment.

This is why I say we need to fix wage stagnation.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

This thread is very enlightening. I was wondering how much the average person is willing to sacrifice to prop up corporations and the poor. There is a breaking point. Not sure when it will be reached by the masses though.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You said it ! Where's the button for 30 stars ?
Imagine this, there are about 600 Billionaires
on the planet and 7.5 Billion of us. I'm all
for free Markets. If you have millions great !
100's of millions ? Way to go ! If you have
10 billion and above AND you change my
countries laws to lavish yourself and beat us down ?
We gotta problem...600 vs 7,500,000,000
We Can Take Them.

edit on 2-7-2017 by UnderKingsPeak because: sp

edit on 2-7-2017 by UnderKingsPeak because: get em

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I'm making 16.00 per hour 44 hours per week. That should be $2800 per month. After taxes and mandatory healthcare, which I never use. im taking home $1900. 940ish per check.

-Rent is 500 per month
-Mandatory car insurance, (which is throwing money down the drain because I've never been in an accident) is 178 per month
-Child support, which doesn't really go to my child, but to my ex wife's bills is 350 per month
-Car payment is 283 per month
Groceries I can do 200-250 per month
Utilities a generously low 85 per month
Cell phone 55
Gas and all the other miscellaneous is about 150

Yeah, almost all the money I make pretty much claimed by another entity before I even get a chance to touch it. I do have a little over to play with if im lucky. But I'm stretched pretty thin for how hard I bust my ass at work

And 16.00 per hour is supposedly fairly good in my area.

edit on 3-7-2017 by Jimmycrackerson3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Jimmycrackerson3

Same here. It's insane.

Hopefully up for a raise to 17.50 soon. Still even at 50 hours a week $750 a week doesn't seem like much, the only difference is I can actually go out on the weekend (but not much).

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I don't know what this generation is going to do to improve your lot. Any economic gains goes to the top earners and shareholders. Because of technology and globalists, an American working class is no longer an asset.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I've recently seen both sides of it.

My previous income was $1070/month, 0/week. Rent $450 (including utilities), internet $70, phone $20, car (insurance+gas) $60, food $300, entertainment, anything let over.

Current income is $10,400/month, 40/week. Expenses are still the same, just putting money away.

Two months from now my income will either be back to the $1070 level or $4000/month at 20/week depending on how a part time position works out after my internship. At that time, expenses might rise as I'm looking to move to a nicer apartment and get a pet.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

If I'm reading this correctly. You re pulling in $10,400 as an intern? And here I thought interns didn't make any money. Anyways good for you, even if it only lasts a couple more months.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jimmycrackerson3
a reply to: Aazadan

If I'm reading this correctly. You re pulling in $10,400 as an intern? And here I thought interns didn't make any money. Anyways good for you, even if it only lasts a couple more months.

That's correct, but I was using pre tax figures, it's $60/hour. Some tech jobs have pretty great paying internship programs. It may or may not continue once school restarts, if it does I'll be part time+remote which is a hard sell for a company.

I've already had the "how much do we have to pay for you to stay" conversation but I'm close to finishing school so I want to get that done (I use the term finish loosely, I have 5 degrees now, this will be my final one). Maybe the company will keep me on, maybe not.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

The only solution for these people is Bernie Sanders style Progressive policies; break up the too big too fail banks, free college education, 75% or more tax on wealthy individuals and not just on "income". Single payer health care, guarenteed income of $10,000. a year, not taxed.

There's really no other way forward; and the gov't will have to tax the output of the Robots and AI machines that will be taking something like 50% or more of the current jobs.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
America is about 100 years past due for a good spring cleaning.
To many rats between the walls and bats in the belfry.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join