It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Shoving it Down Your Own Throat

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

I'm on The Donald pretty regularly and I've never seen a thread linked to ATS.

I've mentioned ATS in their Conspiracy forum once I think.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

"I'm going to need some context on the rape culture thing. I've yet to see anyone say it's being shoved down their throat. MRA (Men's right's activists) are as bad as the new feminists and SJWs."

Actually I'd quite strongly disagree with that. At heart a lot of the MRA groups are all about shouting 'WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO ABUSE WOMEN! FOR WE ARE STRONG MANLY MEN AND WOMEN ARE WH*RES!'

And the feminists and SJWs are saying 'YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE MISOGYNIST MONSTERS!'

Both groups are very vocal and strident, there may frequently be similarities in their methodologies. But the key difference is one of these groups is campaigning for douchebaggery, while the other is campaigning for, well, social justice and equality.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I don't come into the mud pit that often anymore, but this thread was just amazing. I haven't read any of the responses past the OP, so I'm sure it's full of nastiness and I'll get to that shortly. But bravo!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

That. That is just great.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Abysha

- Transvestites showing up at a school to teach inclusiveness? Well ya better write a thread about how they are "SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS GOD DAMMIT"! Even though I never heard of it until reading a conservative thread about it.

Look adults shoold be free to mutilate there bodies until there hearts desire .

But dont go to schools and teach thats its "normal".

That is "shoving is down out throats".

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness and should not be taught as a "lifestyle".

To the majority of people there are and always will be two genders XX and XY.
We will never accept transgendered as anything but mentality ill.

DEAL WITH IT.

there are no chicks with dicks only guys with tits.

This is how I picture you reading a thread:

"Hmmm... a thread about car pollution. It's all about how it's bad and then list several kinds of cars that have exhaust emissions like Honda, Ford, Toyota, Hyundai... wait a second... Ford?! But Fords are tough! Screw writing about exhaust, I better write a response about my opinion on driving a Ford!"

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

deleflect all you want but to the majority of people a man will always be a man and a woman a woman. Self mutlilation wont ever change the fact your born XX or XY.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

deleflect all you want but to the majority of people a man will always be a man and a woman a woman. Self mutlilation wont ever change the fact your born XX or XY.

No, self-mutilation doesn't change that. Nobody claims it does. The markers that determine sex go far beyond chromosomes (of which, the x and y ones don't really do or mean very much after birth). You ignore the rest because it's simpler for you. I get it. But it's an ignorant perspective. By "ignorant", I mean that literally and not in a pejorative sense; it ignores the several other markers biology uses to determine sex.

In addition to that, the example was about transvestites... which have nothing to do with gender dysphoria or transsexuals. These are men who know they are men but like to dress up as a performance. They would agree with you that they are not women. I don't care why they were at the school any more than I'd care if it were Elvis impersonators. That wasn't the point and it wasn't about transgender folk.

But more to the point, this thread is not about that so I wasn't deflecting. There are countless transphobia threads citing discredited quacks like John Hughs that you can go bash a tranny in.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I've found that a lot of the people who are so outspoken about these type of things being "shoved down their throats" secretly wish they could have something shoved down their throats..

If a person isn't gay, why should it matter to them what a gay person does?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

I don't come into the mud pit that often anymore, but this thread was just amazing. I haven't read any of the responses past the OP, so I'm sure it's full of nastiness and I'll get to that shortly. But bravo!

I was lucky enough to drunkenly stumble upon this thread at around 3 am. The OP had me cracking up but the OP was bang on imo I just couldn't type anything meaningful. I'm glad it's in the mud pit.

As a neutral observer it's funny watching the right fall into triggered mode, the irony is deep.

Whenever I hear about the outrageous things the right detest, it's always from the right. I'd rarely hear about it otherwise. In their slight defense, some of the things they point out is in fact madness from the left but this whole paradigm is orchestrated and both sides are being used and played.

We're never going to make things right when we're at eachother's throats. I've seen a lot of people fall for the divide and conquer tactics they've been exposed too.

The mud pit is a reflection of how people really feel, we're so divided as a nation it's scary.

This op was absolutely impressive though.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Nice post!!!
Somewhere along the line, people have forgotten that they DO have a choice in what they read, watch, and/or listen to. They have also forgotten that they ARE in control of their emotions and their reactions. But its so much easier to blame someone else such as the media, or the Democrats, or the Republicans then to accept responsibility.
This country has been more divided than ever since last year. People can blame it on the election, the medias coverage of racial issues or whatever they want. The fact is that people are divided/dividing because they want to.
Rather than respect another person's opinions or beliefs, people must insist that THEY'RE right! And EVERYONE else is wrong!!! And if you dont think like us, then YOU'RE stupid!!! So you better pick a team now, or else you're destroying this country!!!

Since when is it impossible to have an intelligent discussion or debate with someone who has different opinions then yourself?
Since when has ANYONE had to 'pick a team' so to speak?
Oh wait..... I think we tried that back in 1861 for a while...

To add to your list, both parties always say they are trying to do whats best for America, so eff that other guy, he don't know wtf hes talking about!!!
The most upsetting thing is that all this division along racial, political, and religious lines is SO EASY to fix!
All anyone has to do is respect the next person! Respect their beliefs, opinions, and the way they want to live. You don't have to agree with them or even TRY to understand them, just respect them.
IT REALLY IS THAT EASY!!!!
However, our current societal etiquette isn't about respecting the next person, its about everyones personal gains at ANY cost. If you need to lie cheat and steal to become rich and/or famous, then its ok to hurt whomever.

Being a person of good character carries no weight any more, but being rich, arrogant and self-indulgent does.

Yup America.
ONE nation.
Under god. (And if you dont pick the right god, someone will surely want to kill you)
INDIVISIBLE???
With liberty and justice for ALL???

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Pretty sure nobody has a problem with what a gay person does, the problem is when it's being forced on to the kids at an age where they are incapable of understanding all naunces and dynamics of sex, gender etc.

Ultimately confusing the # out of them.

Serious question, would you be ok with putting your 6 year old child in a class that exclusively teaches about sexuality and "gender roles"?

I bet your partisan will say yes, but deep down you want to say no.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I can't help it it makes me feel electric tingly.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mikehawk

Yeah it is scary... Unsettling too. That's why I don't come in the Mud Pit anymore. Most threads look like a group of thugs in a dark alley waiting to pounce on anyone who dares disagree with them.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yeah it is scary... Unsettling too. That's why I don't come in the Mud Pit anymore. Most threads look like a group of thugs in a dark alley waiting to pounce on anyone who dares disagree with them.

Now you are going to attack the Muslims as well? Shame on you.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Based upon the circles you run within and the community you live within why would you hear about any of this? Do you realize how stupid you sound? Of course you're not going to hear about the issues conservatives have with the forced culture of the gay community because the community you roll with is the supporting community of the forced culture on others. You get that right?

The Target in our city was just on the local news for openly allowing men to walk directly into a woman's bathroom. Not a trans...a f**cking man. Our city now has 2 open trans cases at f"""cking middle schools because we have 2 kids with gender identity issues and now 6, 7, and 8 year olds who don't understand human sexuality are being confused as hell by the liberal a$$holes who want to appease the 2 whole people out of 20,000. This past weekend the gay pride parade made a point to alter their parade route and decided to stop by one of the most conservative churches in the city and interrupt the morning service. Way to represent gays...they must be so proud. Meanwhile this conservative church had never so much as referenced the gay community in any capacity negative or positive. Yeah...I would totally consider that "forcing it down the proverbial throat".

How about you wake the f**ck up.

The vast majority of people in the US are not gay.
The vast majority of people in the US are not trans.

When you impose a way of life not practiced or supported by the majority exactly what type of a response do you expect?

Again...how about you wake the f**ck up.

The days of the liberals forcing the minority upon the majority are over.

Well thought out meaningful post, you speak for the majority.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Shouldn't one chew 40 times before swallowing?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: underwerks

Pretty sure nobody has a problem with what a gay person does, the problem is when it's being forced on to the kids at an age where they are incapable of understanding all naunces and dynamics of sex, gender etc.

Ultimately confusing the # out of them.

Serious question, would you be ok with putting your 6 year old child in a class that exclusively teaches about sexuality and "gender roles"?

I bet your partisan will say yes, but deep down you want to say no.

That post touched a little close to home, huh?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A reply to: underwerks

Or is it just me making it a habit to call out your ignorance everytime I see it?

You're not very good at discerning intentions.

And nice attempt at dodging the question.

edit on 1-7-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

- Transvestites showing up at a school to teach inclusiveness? Well ya better write a thread about how they are "SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS GOD DAMMIT"! Even though I never heard of it until reading a conservative thread about it.

Look adults shoold be free to mutilate there bodies until there hearts desire .

But dont go to schools and teach thats its "normal".

That is "shoving is down out throats".

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness and should not be taught as a "lifestyle".

To the majority of people there are and always will be two genders XX and XY.
We will never accept transgendered as anything but mentality ill.

DEAL WITH IT.

there are no chicks with dicks only guys with tits.

I get your point and all, but I just want to point out that even in biology there is more than XX and XY. Not criticizing you, but I often see a lot of posts of "liberals ignoring science", and it annoys me since gender is not that well-defined in science. It is for a vast majority of people though, but genetic defects exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join