It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Shoving it Down Your Own Throat

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

You are promoting mental illness from a victim role.

Setting up people to fail.

Particularly children.

When you fail to lead them when they are developing their identites it will be catastrophic later in their life because lgsdsdfhohasdfr will never be the norm.

If it was, we would be extinct.

IF your parents we're two dudes, you wouldn't be here writing this right now.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

You are promoting mental illness from a victim role.

Setting up people to fail.

Particularly children.

When you fail to lead them when they are developing their identites it will be catastrophic later in their life because lgsdsdfhohasdfr will never be the norm.

If it was, we would be extinct.

IF your parents we're two dudes, you wouldn't be here writing this right now.

This thread was about people like you being triggered by stories like that, not the actual stories (there's a dozen threads on most of my examples so pick one of those). It's about your throats and triggers.

With you taking that one part out of context and trying to discuss it on this thread... you're kinda presenting my case for me.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Abysha because: clarifying

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Revolution9

You are playing the same game back. You are totally exaggerating and caricaturing Conservative behavior to demean their values. You are doing the typical knock them down while building yourself up. It's cartoon criticism. It is cartoon critique to a point where I imagined South Park folk doing a "They took our jobs" rant on the theme. There is no smoke without fire though.

You are just trying to shut down your rivals with a tactic. Happens all the time. How would you have it then: Would you rather everyone agreed with you and your values, paid lip service and gave you fake smiles of approval? Would you want a world where your values are literally shoved down everyone's throats because you know better than they, because they are wrong and you are right?

I will always be totally honest about how I feel and defend my corner. It appears to me that you are doing as much shutting down as your rival. Neither are encouraging open debate and honestly exploring where we are at.

I will not allow any of you to shut me down. I will not allow you to sabotage my life and make me conform to your whims of personal offense, turning me into some fake ass imprisoned in seething rage because he is not allowed to speak his mind on the basis his values might offend. My whole life would become a pretense of fakery, insincerity, illusion and lie. I will not live a lie because society can't handle honesty. That ought to be a clear lesson learned by all who have had to hide in the shadows through fear of judgement in the past, should it not?

Be honest and debate. Stop these trying to shut down the opposition with mind games tactics. Only a weak argument needs to resort to below the belt tactics.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read the whole thread. It wasn't about shutting anybody down or about people disagreeing with me.

I did in fact read your thread very well. My comment reflects that. You will never stop a person disliking gay sex by shutting them down. You will never stop a person not liking Jewish, black, white people or distrusting Muslims or the NWO or the masses. We all have our stash, our values, that which we feel we must protect to aid our survival and that we are represented. We all distrust those who we believe have values that counter or interfere with our own.

The healthy way is to keep it democratic and out in the open. I know I can't stop somebody else not liking or distrusting me. I don't even want to force them into anything. I want to keep it real. Open debate actually begins to break down the barriers. If we talked in full view we would all begin to appreciate that we are all in one kind of minority or other and would begin to understand the ridiculous posturing and discrimination we have for those different to us.

I don't shut myself down. I keep myself totally open. I give myself a world of opportunity where others in their discrimination limit themselves to a matchbox tiny window of opportunity. It is much easier to not discriminate, to allow the world to exist rather than have to wake up every morning with the burden of so many thing to have to keep hating day after day, lol.

Try telling the world that! Fails every time.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:49 AM
link   

You are playing the same game back. You are totally exaggerating and caricaturing Conservative behavior to demean their values. You are doing the typical knock them down while building yourself up. It's cartoon criticism. It is cartoon critique to a point where I imagined South Park folk doing a "They took our jobs" rant on the theme. There is no smoke without fire though.

You are just trying to shut down your rivals with a tactic. Happens all the time. How would you have it then: Would you rather everyone agreed with you and your values, paid lip service and gave you fake smiles of approval? Would you want a world where your values are literally shoved down everyone's throats because you know better than they, because they are wrong and you are right?

I will always be totally honest about how I feel and defend my corner. It appears to me that you are doing as much shutting down as your rival. Neither are encouraging open debate and honestly exploring where we are at.

I will not allow any of you to shut me down. I will not allow you to sabotage my life and make me conform to your whims of personal offense, turning me into some fake ass imprisoned in seething rage because he is not allowed to speak his mind on the basis his values might offend. My whole life would become a pretense of fakery, insincerity, illusion and lie. I will not live a lie because society can't handle honesty. That ought to be a clear lesson learned by all who have had to hide in the shadows through fear of judgement in the past, should it not?

Be honest and debate. Stop these trying to shut down the opposition with mind games tactics. Only a weak argument needs to resort to below the belt tactics.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read the whole thread. It wasn't about shutting anybody down or about people disagreeing with me.

I did in fact read your thread very well. My comment reflects that. You will never stop a person disliking gay sex by shutting them down. You will never stop a person not liking Jewish, black, white people or distrusting Muslims or the NWO or the masses. We all have our stash, our values, that which we feel we must protect to aid our survival and that we are represented. We all distrust those who we believe have values that counter or interfere with our own.

The healthy way is to keep it democratic and out in the open. I know I can't stop somebody else not liking or distrusting me. I don't even want to force them into anything. I want to keep it real. Open debate actually begins to break down the barriers. If we talked in full view we would all begin to appreciate that we are all in one kind of minority or other and would begin to understand the ridiculous posturing and discrimination we have for those different to us.

I don't shut myself down. I keep myself totally open. I give myself a world of opportunity where others in their discrimination limit themselves to a matchbox tiny window of opportunity. It is much easier to not discriminate, to allow the world to exist rather than have to wake up every morning with the burden of so many thing to have to keep hating day after day, lol.

Try telling the world that! Fails every time.

Again, this thread isn't about shutting anybody down. It's about conservatives triggering themselves by seeking out information they know they'll get all hot and bothered about and then passing that on for others to clap them on the back for.

If pointing that out is "shutting down" people... then they are more snowflakey than I thought.

(post by Mandroid7 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

There is a little bit of a right-wing echo chamber here, and I hope voices like yours rise to balance the scale. But I think they write it to trigger you more than themselves, and it seems to work. The amount of threads trying to point out the so-called hatred from the so-Called alt-right, are the direct response to it.

The same reason that you do not hear their arguments in your little circle are the same reasons they will not hear yours. But that isn't necessarily true. They have been force-fed the progressive narrative for a long time. With the media, Hollywood, and celebrity voices inundating everyone with the same agenda, I have to admit it is a breath of fresh air.

The complaining about trolls, alt-right, conservative blogs, etc., is the exact same complaining the right has been doing for decades about the liberal agenda. The tables are turning, and now you might just have to take it for a while.

I want you to take note of something here. Right now, the post I'm replying to has two stars while the minimalist posts above and below it have about ten each.

I'm sure you will admit you have a fairly consistent post history of conservative-leaning logic and that your posts are usually very popular. This post is different however. Even though it still leaned (only slightly, I admit) to the right, in your first sentence, you validate a critique on right-wing people on ATS. And crickets from the pointy accolade fairy.

I'm starting to think I'm one of the only people who actually read your entire posts, lol.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

I don't like it either! That's why I wrote the thread, specifically complaining about hearing it all the time.

edit on Fri Jun 30 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Don't know who I am replying to anymore but here it is:

edit on 6/30/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Just because you don't see it happening doesn't mean it's not.

Yeah, both sides are completely going off the rails and blowing little incidents out of proportion.

I feel like you've identified a problem on one side, but are incapable of accepting that they're also right, and this is just an us vs. them diatribe.

A public parade on public streets should not have men and women and whatever else sexually gratifying each other, the gay thing doesn't bug me. Children don't need some made up clown reading feminist and queer literature. They're freaking kids. Leave it at there can be a mommy and a daddy, a daddy and a daddy, a legal guardian, whatever. They don't need to know about all the weird sexuality. Should we start teaching them about bondage and why Mrs. X wears that collar all the time?

That stuff IS getting shoved down our throats. I get that you think it's cute to try and *trigger* people and desperately want someone to mention fellatio. There you go. It's been mentioned.

I'm going to need some context on the rape culture thing. I've yet to see anyone say it's being shoved down their throat. MRA (Men's right's activists) are as bad as the new feminists and SJWs. Maybe you saw one of them say it. What rape culture? College campuses? Yeah, that can be a problem.

I'm personally worried the kind of BS we're seeing on campuses and elsewhere is going to take off. White people being blocked from walking to class, professors asking for "backup" to stop a student from exercising his rights, shutting down a talk because it's not the right kind of free speech.

I don't get why you're not scared. The pendulum has swung, remember it swings back.

I'll end it with this, we all need to start taking the high road, you loony liberal.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

I feel like you've identified a problem on one side, but are incapable of accepting that they're also right, and this is just an us vs. them diatribe. 

The irony is heavy with that one.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

... Yeah.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

That stuff IS getting shoved down our throats. I get that you think it's cute to try and *trigger* people and desperately want someone to mention fellatio. There you go. It's been mentioned.

How dare you turn such a noble conservative expression into something so vile and sexualized. Shame on you.

I thought nothing of the sort.

Shame.

Lol.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

... Yeah.

Through the good times and through the bad,
Be them happy, or be them sad.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

You got a snort laugh, annnnd two! Freaking snort laughed about snort laughing, stop that.

I like you. You're PNW-ish right? Want to go hunt Bigfoot?

I figure people should be allowed to do what they want, and the two sides (it shouldn't be two) are going to push too far at the extremes. Most of us want the same thing. Us normal people should extremely hate the extremes!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

You got a snort laugh, annnnd two! Freaking snort laughed about snort laughing, stop that.

I like you. You're PNW-ish right? Want to go hunt Bigfoot?

I figure people should be allowed to do what they want, and the two sides (it shouldn't be two) are going to push too far at the extremes. Most of us want the same thing. Us normal people should extremely hate the extremes!

Portland, actually. You bring a decent map and bug spray and you got yourself a hunting partner.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Meet me on the peninsula in WA! I think that's where our friends hang out.

Every time I go for a long drive out in the boonies, I have this little excited spot that wants to see something spooky.

Sorry to derail.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:39 AM
link   

- Transvestites showing up at a school to teach inclusiveness? Well ya better write a thread about how they are "SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS GOD DAMMIT"! Even though I never heard of it until reading a conservative thread about it.

Look adults shoold be free to mutilate there bodies until there hearts desire .

But dont go to schools and teach thats its "normal".

That is "shoving is down out throats".

Gender dysphoria is a mental illness and should not be taught as a "lifestyle".

To the majority of people there are and always will be two genders XX and XY.
We will never accept transgendered as anything but mentality ill.

DEAL WITH IT.

there are no chicks with dicks only guys with tits.
edit on 30-6-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

That's a whole 'nother website.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
It's easier to really just not GAF.

Well I know I give less an eff than they do. I mean... I don't go around shoving these things down my own throat and then talk about how triggered it made me. It's like a gag reflex or something.

and yet, you made a thread about it.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Based upon the circles you run within and the community you live within why would you hear about any of this? Do you realize how stupid you sound? Of course you're not going to hear about the issues conservatives have with the forced culture of the gay community because the community you roll with is the supporting community of the forced culture on others. You get that right?

The Target in our city was just on the local news for openly allowing men to walk directly into a woman's bathroom. Not a trans...a f**cking man. Our city now has 2 open trans cases at f"""cking middle schools because we have 2 kids with gender identity issues and now 6, 7, and 8 year olds who don't understand human sexuality are being confused as hell by the liberal a$$holes who want to appease the 2 whole people out of 20,000. This past weekend the gay pride parade made a point to alter their parade route and decided to stop by one of the most conservative churches in the city and interrupt the morning service. Way to represent gays...they must be so proud. Meanwhile this conservative church had never so much as referenced the gay community in any capacity negative or positive. Yeah...I would totally consider that "forcing it down the proverbial throat".

How about you wake the f**ck up.

The vast majority of people in the US are not gay.
The vast majority of people in the US are not trans.

When you impose a way of life not practiced or supported by the majority exactly what type of a response do you expect?

Again...how about you wake the f**ck up.

The days of the liberals forcing the minority upon the majority are over.

well said brother, WELL SAID.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join