It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Shoving it Down Your Own Throat

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: Vorian

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Kettu

Super liberal discussion boards?!

Yeah, there's quite a few subs over on reddit that are liberal hug boxes and echo chambers.

I call it "brain bleach" for when I've had my fill here for the night.

Reddit has everything. ATS has become a right wing thing though. Shame.

Well over on The_Donald they link to a lot of ATS threads, so I'm guessing a lot of T_D members click, come here, sign up and linger.

For a while now I was wondering why ATS seemed like it was turning into a clone of The_Donald over on reddit. Welp, now I know.

I never thought of that. OMG. But should have been obvious a lot of ppl here read T_D. Sigh.

Yeah, I got curious and wanted to test a hypothesis of mine. I went into T_D and did a search for "abovetopsecret" ... I found tons their posts were direct links to threads on here.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Please stop stealing conservative words like triggered, you liberals are so unoriginal.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

I do wonder when this site became a nationalist post for Trump. It used to be a smart bunch. It denigrated quite a bit. Especially the new format and there is a greater influx of tracking sites.

It does seem right wing nationalists devoted to gay corporate Trump lifestyles are pervading the quest to deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CraftyArrow

Please stop stealing conservative words like triggered, you liberals are so unoriginal.

Does stealing the word "triggered" trigger you?

I'm joking...I'm joking...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Umberto
It does seem right wing nationalists devoted to gay corporate Trump lifestyles are pervading the quest to deny ignorance.

Haha - that's classic stuff, seriously I'm cracking up - well done, that would make an excellent signature.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Based upon the circles you run within and the community you live within why would you hear about any of this? Do you realize how stupid you sound? Of course you're not going to hear about the issues conservatives have with the forced culture of the gay community because the community you roll with is the supporting community of the forced culture on others. You get that right?

The Target in our city was just on the local news for openly allowing men to walk directly into a woman's bathroom. Not a trans...a f**cking man. Our city now has 2 open trans cases at f"""cking middle schools because we have 2 kids with gender identity issues and now 6, 7, and 8 year olds who don't understand human sexuality are being confused as hell by the liberal a$$holes who want to appease the 2 whole people out of 20,000. This past weekend the gay pride parade made a point to alter their parade route and decided to stop by one of the most conservative churches in the city and interrupt the morning service. Way to represent gays...they must be so proud. Meanwhile this conservative church had never so much as referenced the gay community in any capacity negative or positive. Yeah...I would totally consider that "forcing it down the proverbial throat".

How about you wake the f**ck up.

The vast majority of people in the US are not gay.
The vast majority of people in the US are not trans.

When you impose a way of life not practiced or supported by the majority exactly what type of a response do you expect?

Again...how about you wake the f**ck up.

The days of the liberals forcing the minority upon the majority are over.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Umberto

I do wonder when this site became a nationalist post for Trump. It used to be a smart bunch. It denigrated quite a bit. Especially the new format and there is a greater influx of tracking sites.

Well, a white supremacist site called "Daily Stormer" a while back called for readers to infiltrate and spread themselves out among the conspiracy community. If you see the term "red pill" dropped, that was started by the white supremacists who founded the "alt-right".

And as I said, Reddit's "The_Donald" (an extreme alt-right community) links to a lot of ATS threads, likely bringing in people from there. That's likely why we've been seeing the Pepe frogs, the "Kek" stuff and a lot of other weird iconography, nomenclature, buzz-words, arguments and copy/pasted style arguments.

So no, you're not crazy or imagining things. ATS has indeed been sucking in and drawing in a more..."alt" crowd. This, in turn, has seemed to harden and radicalize the previously existing ATS conservatives.

With the influx of more of these folks, the so-called "Overton Window" has shifted farther right. The things inside the window (the 'new normal') is now so far right, even things that not to long ago that were moderate seem far-left.

It's a bizarre thing to witness.

I've actually been considering authoring a thread about this...
edit on 30-6-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

Based upon the circles you run within and the community you live within why would you hear about any of this? Do you realize how stupid you sound? Of course you're not going to hear about the issues conservatives have with the forced culture of the gay community because the community you roll with is the supporting community of the forced culture on others. You get that right?

You totally missed the point.

The point was that conservatives will highlight the most ridiculous "news" items and then act like it's something liberals all know about and support. When in reality, these things are only dug up and paraded around by they themselves.

The thread has a narrow scope of things you might hear somebody say was "shoved down their throat". That isn't to say there aren't valid concerns but... most of them certainly aren't.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

My reading comprehension is top notch. Perhaps you need to brush up on your writing composition.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Exactly, they present these crazy one-off and extreme cases as something accepted, known, supported and A-OK with "all liberals". It's an attempt to broad-brush and paint all progressive people the same.

You'd think if we all supported these crazy people and incidents, we'd know about them...right?

I have no idea honestly where they find these stories. If I'm in/around the so-called "liberal crowd" ... you'd think these stories would be well known to me...

And that's why (like you said) most of us don't really try to stand up and defend them. I'm confused as hell as to where these stories are coming from, and quite frankly not at all outraged like the conservative people say I'm supposed to be.

"I'm supposed to be upset and triggered about this? That's kind of news to me...? I didn't get the latest memo I guess from Liberal Central?"
edit on 30-6-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22409076]Kettu

With the influx of more of these folks, the so-called "Overton Window" has shifted farther right. The things inside the window (the 'new normal') is now so far right, even things that not to long ago that were moderate seem far-left.

You're confused. You realize you're talking about the left...right?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Vorian

I am not certain why it would be absurd. You aren't made to learn it. You must just have read about it. You have to prove how it is absurd just because a thing has more letters than you want?

Yuh huh, so I'm gay therefor I have to deal with it. Thx.

As a gay person I can tell you that LGBTTQQIAAP is fricking retarded.

It's almost as if you tell us about your sexual orientation in every thread. It's not a fad.

STOP SHOVING IT DOWN OUR GOD DAMN THROATS lol

I'm with Metallicus, no one gives a rats ass if you're gay or not. Go start a thread about it after your done your damn parade

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   

You are playing the same game back. You are totally exaggerating and caricaturing Conservative behavior to demean their values. You are doing the typical knock them down while building yourself up. It's cartoon criticism. It is cartoon critique to a point where I imagined South Park folk doing a "They took our jobs" rant on the theme. There is no smoke without fire though.

You are just trying to shut down your rivals with a tactic. Happens all the time. How would you have it then: Would you rather everyone agreed with you and your values, paid lip service and gave you fake smiles of approval? Would you want a world where your values are literally shoved down everyone's throats because you know better than they, because they are wrong and you are right?

I will always be totally honest about how I feel and defend my corner. It appears to me that you are doing as much shutting down as your rival. Neither are encouraging open debate and honestly exploring where we are at.

I will not allow any of you to shut me down. I will not allow you to sabotage my life and make me conform to your whims of personal offense, turning me into some fake ass imprisoned in seething rage because he is not allowed to speak his mind on the basis his values might offend. My whole life would become a pretense of fakery, insincerity, illusion and lie. I will not live a lie because society can't handle honesty. That ought to be a clear lesson learned by all who have had to hide in the shadows through fear of judgement in the past, should it not?

Be honest and debate. Stop these trying to shut down the opposition with mind games tactics. Only a weak argument needs to resort to below the belt tactics. If you shut opposition down it festers in the shadows and becomes far more dangerous in the night as it comes looking for you possessed by revenge and hatred. Keeping it all out in the open is the safest way to prevent things getting ugly.

edit on 30-6-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

You are playing the same game back. You are totally exaggerating and caricaturing Conservative behavior to demean their values. You are doing the typical knock them down while building yourself up. It's cartoon criticism. It is cartoon critique to a point where I imagined South Park folk doing a "They took our jobs" rant on the theme. There is no smoke without fire though.

You are just trying to shut down your rivals with a tactic. Happens all the time. How would you have it then: Would you rather everyone agreed with you and your values, paid lip service and gave you fake smiles of approval? Would you want a world where your values are literally shoved down everyone's throats because you know better than they, because they are wrong and you are right?

I will always be totally honest about how I feel and defend my corner. It appears to me that you are doing as much shutting down as your rival. Neither are encouraging open debate and honestly exploring where we are at.

I will not allow any of you to shut me down. I will not allow you to sabotage my life and make me conform to your whims of personal offense, turning me into some fake ass imprisoned in seething rage because he is not allowed to speak his mind on the basis his values might offend. My whole life would become a pretense of fakery, insincerity, illusion and lie. I will not live a lie because society can't handle honesty. That ought to be a clear lesson learned by all who have had to hide in the shadows through fear of judgement in the past, should it not?

Be honest and debate. Stop these trying to shut down the opposition with mind games tactics. Only a weak argument needs to resort to below the belt tactics.

I'm pretty sure you didn't read the whole thread. It wasn't about shutting anybody down or about people disagreeing with me.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
People can entertain their own mental illnesses on their own time.

Promoting mental illness in school and society is a bad idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Nice attempt at gas lighting and marginalization.

I thought those were "leftist, liberal tactics"?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

What does that have to do with my thread?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Nice attempt at gas lighting and marginalization.

I thought those were "leftist, liberal tactics"?

Uh...yeah...they are. Hence the reason I pointed that out to you. Nice attempt at....

Uh oh...ground hog day.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
double jeopardy!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

I hereby promote bipolarity, not just in schools and all, even in Mandroid 7's bedroom, lol. There ain't a thing that you can do to stop me. There, I just did it, right in your bedroom. Now every time you are in your bedroom you will think about this comment. It is my voodoo on you for being so disgusting and trying to cut me out of the world. That is what Hitler did to people like me.

See, you are trying to shut me down and out of society totally just for being bipolar. I bet you would do the same to many other minorities, wouldn't you.

More disgusting than the average fascist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join