It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Shoving it Down Your Own Throat

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I have also seen the right leaning members then complain about the replies liberal members are leaving after the fact, that they have been attacked when many are defending themselves over the click bait news and negative reactions.

They claim there's a victim mentality when it is exactly what they are doing themselves. The bigger issue is the mentality is caused by non issues they precive to be real because the news says so.

This is sad, I've seen this kind of stuff years prior on other sites and chats, mainly political(where I then exited the picture of partisan politics) because a lot of it was trolls and counter troll opposition-to make the other side look bad.

Unfortunately the genuinely real people that get caught up after the fact in all this and believe it is real and that LGBT is a threat to them. I feel for those, and am worried too about the ones who may be looking for a way to more self radicalize/weaponize themselves by social media circle jerks. After all that happened recently as we know.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Kettu

Super liberal discussion boards?!

Yeah, there's quite a few subs over on reddit that are liberal hug boxes and echo chambers.

I call it "brain bleach" for when I've had my fill here for the night.

Reddit has everything. ATS has become a right wing thing though. Shame.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Vorian

I am not certain why it would be absurd. You aren't made to learn it. You must just have read about it. You have to prove how it is absurd just because a thing has more letters than you want?

Yuh huh, so I'm gay therefor I have to deal with it. Thx.

As a gay person I can tell that LGBTTQQIAAP is fricking retarded.

Definitely a long alphabet soup wouldn't you say?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
It's easier to really just not GAF.

That's some of the best advice I've read on ATS, simple and straight to the point.

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
Ok, let's talk about something here. The whole "shoving it down your throat" myth (conservative closet fantasy?) when it comes to anything not cis heteronormative.

Within the first 2 lines of your post you have left me with the impression that you believe all conservatives on the planet are anti-LGBT?

In your opinion, what % of conservatives on the planet (from the 'conservative closet fantasy' pool you are drawing from) are anti-LGBT?

If you want to discuss this, I need to know where your head space is at regarding collective-reasoning.

For instance, it was not ATS where I heard that the Jewish LGBT group were kicked out of the parade the other day - it was the main stream media where I heard that.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I want to be clear that I believe two consenting adults can do whatever they want to each other behind closed doors and it doesn't affect me one way or the other. My issue is that while individual gay people are just fine and are no less likely to be flamboyant and open about their sex life than a heterosexual person; the gay community tends to be hyper-sexual.

What I mean by that is that I am very traditional in my values and I don't want to know about anyone's sex life. The gay community seems to be more in your face with their sexuality which I find offensive.

So, while in my daily life I know quite a few gay people and even hang out with some of them; we don't talk about sex or our sex lives and I am happy that way.

Having 'pride' parades and people dressing up in ass-less chaps just isn't my cup of tea.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian

Yeah, there's quite a few subs over on reddit that are liberal hug boxes and echo chambers.

Well over on The_Donald they link to a lot of ATS threads, so I'm guessing a lot of T_D members click, come here, sign up and linger.

For a while now I was wondering why ATS seemed like it was turning into a clone of The_Donald over on reddit. Welp, now I know.

(post by Vorian removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Ok, let's talk about something here. The whole "shoving it down your throat" myth (conservative closet fantasy?) when it comes to anything not cis heteronormative.

Within the first 2 lines of your post you have left me with the impression that you believe all conservatives on the planet are anti-LGBT?

In your opinion, what % of conservatives on the planet (from the 'conservative closet fantasy' pool you are drawing from) are anti-LGBT?

If you want to discuss this, I need to know where your head space is at regarding collective-reasoning.

For instance, it was not ATS where I heard that the Jewish LGBT group were kicked out of the parade the other day - it was the main stream media where I heard that.

I'm basing this solely on the ATS membership. And yes, those who start those threads are definitely bigots. Like, starting hateful discussion of those different than you is the epitome bigotry.

As far as the percentage of conservatives who are bigoted? Not sure. I know some in my circles who do not act anything like the ones on here (or in the media, like Trump, for example). So I wasn't making a blanket statement of all conservatives; I was painting ATS with a broad brush.

That's honestly the perspective the membership has presented me with here.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
What was this thread about again ? I lost it between the OP , the GLP/Redzit style of posting and the vile tripe.....
Anyone care to explain ?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian

Well over on The_Donald they link to a lot of ATS threads, so I'm guessing a lot of T_D members click, come here, sign up and linger.

For a while now I was wondering why ATS seemed like it was turning into a clone of The_Donald over on reddit. Welp, now I know.

I never thought of that. OMG. But should have been obvious a lot of ppl here read T_D. Sigh.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Good post I am in agreement with that!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
What was this thread about again ? I lost it between the OP , the GLP/Redzit style of posting and the vile tripe.....
Anyone care to explain ?

Oo, we switched styles. But it was from an inference. It's only 2 pages

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I want to be clear that I believe two consenting adults can do whatever they want to each other behind closed doors and it doesn't affect me one way or the other. My issue is that while individual gay people are just fine and are no less likely to be flamboyant and open about their sex life than a heterosexual person; the gay community tends to be hyper-sexual.

What I mean by that is that I am very traditional in my values and I don't want to know about anyone's sex life. The gay community seems to be more in your face with their sexuality which I find offensive.

So, while in my daily life I know quite a few gay people and even hang out with some of them; we don't talk about sex or our sex lives and I am happy that way.

Having 'pride' parades and people dressing up in ass-less chaps just isn't my cup of tea.

But... you just admitted that your personal experience with those folks don't match the thing you are complaining about. In fact, it's pretty difficult to find any of that unless you are on a conservative blog or a blog that's geared to a specific audience.

So maaaaaaybe you can look at the ones in your life and then look at all the "vanilla" sexuality that is pushed in everyday media (just about any movie now days) and then ask yourself which one is being shoved down your throat the most.

I can go days without seeing a same-sex couple kiss, see an article about feminism (unless I'm looking for one), see something about transsexual folk, or from the BLM . But I see straight couples kissing all the time, see our president sexually harass women, read weekly about the latest transwoman murdered (usually black), and listen to whining over BLM.

So again, it's perspective and acclimation. I appreciate your post, by the way.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The irony level in being told it's not shoved down our throats in a thread titled "You're Shoving it Down Your Own Throat" is quite impressive.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
The irony level in being told it's not shoved down our throats in a thread titled "You're Shoving it Down Your Own Throat" is quite impressive.

Hah!

Good catch.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Not that I could tell. And you didnt answer my question...
So , I guess I can righteously say : Much Ado About Nothin
Oh , wait. I get it now. You dont know either
Anyone ?

edit on 6/30/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
This place has become such a liberal echo chamber. The leftist have taken over.

Just kidding.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Remember: this is the internet.

I could say I'm a female lesbian from Spain. It doesn't mean its true.

I think I'm saying this because I have MTV's "Catfish" on right now in the background.

I'm sorry, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine, highlighting how incredibly trusting the younger generation is when it comes to people on the internet. I guess that's the difference. I remember the world before the internet. I remember "cyber sex" in early chat rooms where you asked "A/S/L" and pretty much assumed you were dealing with some pervy dude and not an attractive female.

Today's generation? They've always had the internet as their portal to the world at large. It's a lot easier to trust what the computer, tablet, or smart phone screen says when you've always had it around.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I'm basing this solely on the ATS membership....So I wasn't making a blanket statement of all conservatives; I was painting ATS with a broad brush.

That's honestly the perspective the membership has presented me with here.

Understood and I appreciate you explaining yourself. ATS is a bit full-on at the moment - a reflection of the intensity between Trump and the MSM. I try to look at each poster based upon their overall contributions, and although I disagree vehemently with a few, it really would be sad for me if they decided to stop being active contributors - because they're bloody smart and funny and we both want to believe in UFO's - that's why we are both here.

I always have that in the back of my mind (it's about the UFO's - not politics).

If one doesn't show up soon, I'm gonna lose it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join