It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're Shoving it Down Your Own Throat

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Ok, let's talk about something here. The whole "shoving it down your throat" myth (conservative closet fantasy?) when it comes to anything not cis heteronormative. If you look at nearly every single thread highlighting SJW-related ridiculousness, it's made by a conservative on the site for the sole purpose of presenting something for all the bored dogs to bark at. Now that's expected but... each of these threads are, for one, spun to be even more ridiculous than it really is but also... you might notice that these super ridiculous SJW stories aren't met with any sort of defense from the liberals on ATS. In fact, they are just filled with members pleasuring themselves over 4Chan-quality circle jerks. Sexual slurs and blatant racism T&Cs are no longer enforced on ATS so it's become an even more frequent fad.

It's even more stupid because these stories are either about concepts meant for a limited audience (adding another letter to the LGBT stuff, for example) or they are simply one-offs or things that aren't representative of anybody other than those interested in it (a course about something you think is silly, for example). Yet you only find these things pushed in conservative blogs.

Now... I am very much "in the know" of most trends in the lgbt, feminism, and racial equality worlds, and am also surrounded by liberals in my circles and geographically but... in virtually all of these whiny hate threads, it's the first I've heard of these things. Meaning, I didn't even know about it until a conservative showed me.

- A person has an opinion on rape culture that your acclimated sense of decency doesn't understand? Well ya better write a thread about how they are "SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS GOD DAMMIT"! But... I'd never heard about it until it popped up on ATS.

- Transvestites showing up at a school to teach inclusiveness? Well ya better write a thread about how they are "SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS GOD DAMMIT"! Even though I never heard of it until reading a conservative thread about it.

- LGBT adding a 15th letter to an acronym you don't even care about? Well ya better write a thread about how they are "SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS GOD DAMMIT"! Even though I didn't know about the new letter until a conservative thread whining about it.

- Gay pride parade that is super annoying and filled with things that offend you? Even though you would never ever go to one and will never have to? Well ya better write a thread about how they are "SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS GOD DAMMIT"! And so of course... you write a triggered whine-fest thread about it.

- Random person doing random weird thing in a random place nowhere near you and nothing you understand? Well ya better write a thread about how they are "SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS GOD DAMMIT"! I'm pretty sure I found out about ALL those random people on conservative ATS threads.

In other words, if I only see these things from conservative ATS members and the sources are only from conservative blogs (and not in any of the ones I normally read), this means you are seeking out things to shove down your throat or for a conservative blog that proactively looks for things to shove down your throat. It's like so many of you on here are addicted to shoving things down your throat just for the thrill of getting all triggered (hot and bothered?).

YOU ARE SHOVING IT DOWN YOUR OWN THROATS!

+19 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
It's easier to really just not GAF.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Well I know I give less an eff than they do. I mean... I don't go around shoving these things down my own throat and then talk about how triggered it made me. It's like a gag reflex or something.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Abysha because: spellinz

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

If I had more than 1 star to give.... I even saw it in comments for the TV show "The Handmaid's Tale". The husband is played by a black actor, so , apparently, an agenda was being 'shoved down our throats'.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I was hoping for pics.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Welll, aren't we all just a bunch of deep throaters then! LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Exactly my point!

+26 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   

- LGBT adding a 15th letter to an acronym you don't even care about? Well ya better write a thread about how they are "SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS GOD DAMMIT"! Even though I didn't know about the new letter until a conservative thread whining about it.

I made the thread you are speaking of in that above quoted section.

My OP said nothing about the acronym 'being shoved down our throats.' Instead, it was about the absurdity of it all in conjunction with a conspiracy angle of 'who decides these things, and when do they get introduced to the public?'

Also, maybe 'being shoved down our throats' is just a popular saying? Or maybe it's because all the things being said following 'being shoved down our throats' are true?

edit on 6/30/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Exactly my point!

Doesn't mean we have to swallow what they tell us *PUN*

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vorian

If I had more than 1 star to give.... I even saw it in comments for the TV show "The Handmaid's Tale". The husband is played by a black actor, so , apparently, an agenda was being 'shoved down our throats'.

Those are always my favorite. They love to picture black actors shoved down their throats.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

My OP said nothing about the acronym 'being shoved down our throats.' Instead, it was about the absurdity of it all in conjunction with a conspiracy angle of 'who decides these things, and when do they get introduced to the public?'

Also, maybe 'being shoved down our throats' is just a popular saying? Or maybe it's because all the things being said following 'being shoved down our throats' are true?

It was in the comments of that thread.

And yours certainly wasn't the first thread about it. That's a common go-to for conservative trigger-finger posting.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yep. Like the "two scoops" of ice cream thing. First I heard about it was on ATS, not super liberal discussion boards or left-leaning sites like Vox or Mother Jones.

Coming to ATS it reads like "liberals are up in arms!"

No, not really. Not at all. News to all of us...?

I come to ATS regularly to be "educated" by my conservative counterparts as to what I'm supposed to be offended or upset about these days....

*yawn*

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

Hear, hear! I work 14 hour days and don't give a crap about anything! I come home and drink my gin and all is well with the world.

Not sure how/why/where people find so much time and energy to whine, like it's a hobby.

The true wisdom of life is not giving a rat's swollen hindquarters.

edit on 30-6-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom

I am not certain why it would be absurd. You aren't made to learn it. You must just have read about it. You have to prove how it is absurd just because a thing has more letters than you want?

Perhaps the alphabet is too long at 26 letters?
edit on 30-6-2017 by Vorian because: (no reason given)

link   
Glad you brought this up.
In particular,

Ok, let's talk about something here. The whole "shoving it down your throat" myth (conservative closet fantasy?) when it comes to anything not cis heteronormative. If you look at nearly every single thread highlighting SJW-related ridiculousness, it's made by a conservative on the site for the sole purpose of presenting something for all the bored dogs to bark at. Now that's expected but... each of these threads are, for one, spun to be even more ridiculous than it really is but also... you might notice that these super ridiculous SJW stories aren't met with any sort of defense from the liberals on ATS. In fact, they are just filled with members pleasuring themselves over 4Chan-quality circle jerks. Sexual slurs and blatant racism T&Cs are no longer enforced on ATS so it's become an even more frequent fad.

I did see a lot, perhaps not enough, defense in those threads form liberal members. I don't consider myself liberal or conservative but do also see these threads mainly come from right leaning members and one in particular with multi names that was banned which may account for it seeming like a lot of right leaning members when it's not.

I wish the right leaning members would take that into context that the article might be a click bait lie looking for negative attention towards LGBTx then with that dismiss the trolls instead of supporting them for their own convictions.

Personally, I support LGBTx. I try to counter the BS the best I can, however being no debate pro nor am no expert in a lot of information dealing with transgender and transsexuals.
edit on 30-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: spelling

+10 more 
link   
a reply to: AbyshaHave you tried decaff?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

Super liberal discussion boards?!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   

There is a little bit of a right-wing echo chamber here, and I hope voices like yours rise to balance the scale. But I think they write it to trigger you more than themselves, and it seems to work. The amount of threads trying to point out the so-called hatred from the so-Called alt-right, are the direct response to it.

The same reason that you do not hear their arguments in your little circle are the same reasons they will not hear yours. But that isn't necessarily true. They have been force-fed the progressive narrative for a long time. With the media, Hollywood, and celebrity voices inundating everyone with the same agenda, I have to admit it is a breath of fresh air.

The complaining about trolls, alt-right, conservative blogs, etc., is the exact same complaining the right has been doing for decades about the liberal agenda. The tables are turning, and now you might just have to take it for a while.

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vorian

I am not certain why it would be absurd. You aren't made to learn it. You must just have read about it. You have to prove how it is absurd just because a thing has more letters than you want?

Yuh huh, so I'm gay therefor I have to deal with it. Thx.

As a gay person I can tell you that LGBTTQQIAAP is fricking retarded.

edit on 6/30/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: Kettu

Super liberal discussion boards?!

Yeah, there's quite a few subs over on reddit that are liberal hug boxes and echo chambers.

I call it "brain bleach" for when I've had my fill here for the night.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join