It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Francisco to pay $190G to undocumented immigrant over sanctuary law violation, lawyer says

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

A man from El Salvador in the U.S. illegally who sued San Francisco after police turned him over to immigration authorities in violation of the city's sanctuary law is set to be awarded $190,000, his attorney said Thursday.

San Francisco to pay $190G to undocumented immigrant over sanctuary law violation, lawyer says

OMG...this is such insanity it would be funny if it were not true. This ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT (illegal means he is breaking federal law being here), sued the city of San Francisco, and WON, because they followed the federal law and turned him over to ICE.

How was he caught, you may ask?

The construction worker said he went to police in December 2015 after getting a call from authorities that his stolen car had been found. Instead of helping him, he said, officers detained him and called immigration authorities. He was taken into custody by federal authorities outside the police station and was in jail for two months. He has been fighting his deportation since his release.

That actually sounds like a great way to setup a sting operation to be honest. We should do this more IMO.

But, the crazy Californian's think that their own cities illegal law to protect these people usurps the federal mandate to apprehend, try and deport illegal immigrants. Now the SF taxpayers are likely going to shell out $190K to this person.

I have not more words........ just SMFH

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

This is what happens when retarded meets stupid.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
This is totally moronic.

San Franciso has become a bastion or retardation, not only are rental cost out of control but the politicians live in fairy dust land where unicorns and leprechauns can be found at the end of rainbows.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Didn't California want to leave the union?? Buh by!!

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Liberal capitol of the world, also homeless capitol of the world.

Gives 200k to illegal's but won't build proper shelter for the horde of homeless.

It's a wonderful example of neo Marxism.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I'm white from Australia...can I get me some of that $190K? Heck...even $150K would be very generous.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
If California is stupid enough to pass sanctuary laws that protect criminals, then they are stupid enough to pay the lawsuit. Maybe the people of those cities should replace their officials who approved this insanity. This will set precedence, there will be many many more lawsuits following this and the people of these cities will not be allowed to punish immigrant criminals, including immigrants who incite terrorism.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Opened the door to a bunch more lawsuits, this is completely insane.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Most excellent. I like to see any and all such escapades happen to California. I equally dislike illegals just the same. I have a feeling sanctuary cities will go the way of dime comics.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I wish i was an illegal immigrant so i could sue california.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ive lived in California all my 60 yrs, and this is just madness. Im in the process of selling my house and moving out of state, I dont see this crap getting better. California is lost. Northern California has no voice, and we are stuck paying for this stupid
#$%%$.

This new gas tax has everyone pissed off. California is eating itself alive. People are already unable to keep registration and insurance paid. We dont make the same money in the North State. Its minimum wage up here, they are bleeding everyone to death.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

North of Sonoma there was only 1 successful enterprise. Now... that's probably going the way of the dinosaur as well.

Luckily property value will go down and maybe I can retire in the most beautiful countryside in the world.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I live just south of the SF bay area and I hope the US Senate passes H.R. 3003 (No Sanctuary for Criminals Act) and starts pulling funding from the cities and States that declare themselves "sanctuary cities/States" even though it 'may' have a negative impact on local law enforcement and myself.

Link the H.R. 3003
edit on 30-6-2017 by LockNLoad because: typo

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Don't give up hope yet, as you said a lot of Californians are pissed about the gas tax and about the mismanagement of our water resources, there are also some new faces in the Republican party that are working to unseat Democrats.
I personally will try to give the State another couple of election cycles.

California wasn't always blue.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

I wish I had your optimism but where I am we have higher crime than Oakland. Anderson Ca. There were several Drs that were super over medicating with Oxy they went to jail and their patients turned to street Heroin.

It was also discovered that our city council allows other cities to send their homeless to us. Really Redding Ca makes 1 mil a year taking California's homeless. The whole community is pissed off about it. We have no infrastructure to care for these people. So now we cant go to the park or Library or even shopping without getting accosted, offered drugs, or begged for money. We also got paid to take pedophiles when they were released from prison. So we also have the highest pedophile population in California.

Im just fed up. Shasta County just plain sucks.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

WOW that does sound crazy, my sympathy for sure and glad I didn't move up there like I was thinking (about 10yrs ago) guess for now I'll just hunker down in sleepy little Hollister and try to do what I can to turn the tide.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

OMG...this is such insanity it would be funny if it were not true. This ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

Well, it's the law.

All laws have to be obeyed.

The people make the law.

The immigrants have rights too.

Just because a person breaks one law, doesn't mean he isn't protected by other laws.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
He should have sued for 800 Million! LOL

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: Krakatoa

OMG...this is such insanity it would be funny if it were not true. This ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT

Well, it's the law.

All laws have to be obeyed.

The people make the law.

The immigrants have rights too.

Just because a person breaks one law, doesn't mean he isn't protected by other laws.

Illegals must be deported. It's the law. Obey that.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

This is insane.. How he won this case makes no sense and is complete and utter BS that your tax dollars are going to support this illegal alien.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join