It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're LOSING !!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
With the most honorable way, i ask you this question now. I have asked it before in other threads but got no response.

Fact number one: Donald Trump is the president of USA

Fact number two: This is ATS right? the true power lies in the hands of international bankers, multinational corporations, illuminati, freemasons and the like?

So what difference does it make who is the POTUS? If the strings are pulled elsewhere? Why is Trumps presidency such a big hot topic at the moment and a year or two back from this time?

I smell divide and conquer.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Sure thing good sir

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:26 AM
link   

They won;t admit it, even though they know it.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

His point is that we rarely complain about actually losing and many of us would have been fine with almost any other Republican candidate. The fact that people willfully chose trump is what we have a problem with.

All because he was an "outsider " and not part of the "establishment ". Which still makes absolutely no sense to me as the idea of the establishment Is that the rich and powerful are in control of the government. So you effectively cut the middle man by electing a rich and powerful person as our president?

A true outsider would have been a working class citizen. Much like Bernie was when he was a carpenter before he got into politics because he actually wanted to make the world a better place.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: conscientiousobserver
a reply to: Finspiracy

His point is that we rarely complain about actually losing and many of us would have been fine with almost any other Republican candidate. The fact that people willfully chose trump is what we have a problem with.

All because he was an "outsider " and not part of the "establishment ". Which still makes absolutely no sense to me as the idea of the establishment Is that the rich and powerful are in control of the government. So you effectively cut the middle man by electing a rich and powerful person as our president?

A true outsider would have been a working class citizen. Much like Bernie was when he was a carpenter before he got into politics because he actually wanted to make the world a better place.

Yeah, that is pretty much how it seems like, here from Scandinavia. Thank you for your input here.

I think Obama had some solid stuff to go with his presidential campaign. I think they (the POTUS) are given a black briefcase right after stepping into the office, that would make their campaign promises void, whether they liked it or not.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
YOU

Who is this YOU you refer to? Reality doesn't live on the edges - it lies somewhere in the middle. This is precisely what's wrong with our country. You speak from an extreme as if everyone else is at the opposite edge. You want to make America great again? Then start thinking about what's good for the majority of the people who live in the center, instead of fighting for this mythical extremism that has so divided this country, be it left or right.

Yep.

One of my favorite personal quotes is "The truth exists in the middle."

I have believed that since 1990.

That being said, they left needs to understand that they look ridiculous even to us. They're not coming off as rational, or even intelligent at this point. And that's what they've always used as a strong point of their side.

The right isn't much better. But at least they're not acting like spoiled children.

I LOVE being an Independent. I LOVE getting called a Liberal by my Conservative friends, and A Conservative by my Liberal friends.

Keeps them both guessing.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:29 AM
link   
What, exactly, is the point of this childish demeaning thread?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Ha ha, what a stupid argument. Taking sides, criticizing the other. People been conditioned to divide and compete since birth thru sports, religion, politics, education, all designed to keep us infighting ad infinitum. This is ATS,

Deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22408491]Flyingclaydisk[/post

This post reeks of someone desperate for something to be true, if they only say it enough.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Interesting! Two of the more prominent themes which have come out of opposing-viewpoint responses here are the notion of:

1. Divide and conquer (i.e. stop trying to do it)
2. Name calling (alleged insults, etc.)

I find great irony in these two themes because this is exactly what the left has been doing for the past 12 years! Now all of a sudden it's a bad thing?? Obama spent 8 years driving a giant wedge between virtually every race, religion, creed, social group, culture and gender. Now all of a sudden it's a bad thing?? Interesting. Why? Isn't that a giant ball of hypocrisy to swallow?

And really, at the end of the day, this hypocrisy is pretty much exactly what this thread is about. There's an old saying "Be careful, because...What goes around, comes around" This thread is very much proof of exactly this. Those waving the flag of "Stop the divide and conquer mentality" and "stop all the name calling" are the very ones who claim to be over it, who claim to have matured beyond it, yet they respond with this same passion to this thread. If you all were so 'over it' then why respond at all, much less with the same vitriol in the opposite direction? Sudden change of heart maybe...or is it just such a sour pill to have to swallow after the left having it's way as long it did?

I may have been born at night, but I wasn't born just last night, and it's pretty obvious to see; the left had a long run to prove they were truly the mature ones and they proved exactly the opposite, but remained silent about the failures of their efforts. They 'Occupied Wall Street' and it was going to change the World, but they didn't really "occupy" anything...or even know what their cause was about. They demanded equality and burned entire cities and rioted in countless others. Now the tables are turned...and they're still doing the same damn thing, BUT 'they're so much more mature now', and it's the right who are the ones 'dividing and conquering and name calling'. Really?

Hence this thread.

edit on 6/30/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Painterz
What, exactly, is the point of this childish demeaning thread?

To complain about liberals, Obama, and how life isn't fair.

On par for the usual ATS threads - was not disappointed.

What has happened to this website.....?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
1) There is no 'left' in American politics. There is a party of the center-right, and a party of the extreme-right.

2) What, ~exactly~ did Obama do to drive wedges between every sector of society? By telling racists they weren't allowed to be racists anymore? How exactly did he drive wedges between genders? How did he drive wedges between religions?!

3) Which 'entire cities' did the Occupy movement burn down?

4) Creating a thread for people who have felt picked on for 12 years to glorify their ability to now pick on others is demeaning to us all. But hey, 26 stars shows which side ATS is on eh.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: mOjOm

I live in the real world. Not some fantasy, imagined, re-invented history land where everyone has some sort of a "deep seated" problem.

You?

Reality. Right. Gotcha.

So what city burned to the ground again?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

so the excuse is "well you guys did it"

Yet you admit that you know its bad, and that it does indeed divide........

So instead of taking part, why not rise above and be part of the real solution instead of adding to the problem?

Why not stop this cycle of tit for tat, until our country is utterly destroyed with no hope of redemption?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: poncho1982

The right isn't much better. But at least they're not acting like spoiled children

But they are, and this is someone who considers himself a constitutional conservative.....

The right has INDEED been acting like spoiled children ever sine Trump got elected......its been a persistent gloat fest, and the president elect himself often acts like a spoiled child, lashing out like a teenage girl on his twitter.....

Sitting in the middle watching both sides, honestly other than HOW they choose to act out, they are both acting like spoiled rotten children, screaming and flinging their own feces at each other.......

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Oh, you won't see me complaining about how life isn't fair! Far from it. In fact, I think the exact opposite, and always have.

You'll need to point out where you think I've suggested life isn't fair. As a matter of fact, I just got done saying 'what goes around, comes around', didn't I?

Regarding your complaints about "Where has the old ATS gone??? This seems to be a pretty common theme lately in general around here. Does this ever get old? I count (103) total forums here on ATS, and only about 4-5 of those forums are about discussing what many of the bemoaners of the 'old ATS' are complaining about. The rest of the forums (98-99 of them) are politically related in some way, shape or form.

Why come to the mud-pit at all if you don't like to read a thread like this? You know what you will see here. Why did you open the thread, if only to bemoan the 'old ATS'? I mean really; why not just skip to Aliens or Paranormal. There's no politics there. Mud-pit is politics from top to bottom just about. It's like someone handing you a cup of coffee and you taking a sip then spitting it out and saying how you hate coffee...only to take another sip, and spit it out again, and another, and another.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

so the excuse is "well you guys did it"

Well, not exactly, but close enough I suppose. More like "pot, meet kettle"

Yet you admit that you know its bad, and that it does indeed divide........

So instead of taking part, why not rise above and be part of the real solution instead of adding to the problem?

Why not stop this cycle of tit for tat, until our country is utterly destroyed with no hope of redemption?

Fair enough, I'll respond to this objectively. If I thought for a moment it would do any good, I would! However, you and I both know it won't. We've seen 12 years of examples why it won't do any good. No matter how much you acquiesce on the conservative side of the fence, the left just keeps pushing the envelope further and further to the liberal side, screaming the whole way. Gender neutral bathrooms would be a shining example, or trying to erase history and pretend like the Civil War (a confirmed part of "history") never happened.

I mean, just think about this for a moment. Liberals pride themselves in things like academic pursuits, in preserving history with things like archeology and paleontology (which I think is fantastic); they scream bloody murder when cultures such as some of the Muslim sects in Iraq and elsewhere destroy historical antiquities (ancient statues and temples, etc)...yet they do just exactly this in their own country!!! Please tell me you're not blind to this hypocrisy.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

Well, I suppose we could start with Ferguson, MO for starters.

Need I go on?

Dallas, Baltimore, Berkley, and Atlanta have all experienced paralyzing riots, fires and/or looting.

Okay, so I answered your question, now you answer mine...

Name the last place / time where there was a conservative intiated riot, fire or looting...just one. (?)

ETA...oh, I should have included Seattle, Portland and Chicago in there too.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I must admit, I got a chuckle out of your analogy at the end there. Thanks!

...kinda' like the monkey pen at the zoo, huh?

ETA...HA, maybe "mud pit" really means "feces slinging pit" in politically correct terms

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

When did liberals destroy statues in our country? You mean statues memorializing confederate "heros"? Can you provide a link proving they have been destroyed?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join