It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Dad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
From the creators of Family Guy comes another hit show American Dad. Featuring a conservitive CIA agent, Stan Smith, who tries to save America but ends up doing more harm then good. It also features a talking German Fish and a Grey from Area 51. The Pilot will air immediatley after the Superbowl.
www.fox.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
To tell you the truth it looks like a cheep ripoff of Family Guy. I mean he looks exactly like Joe, but if its funny ill watch it

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well to me he looks like Quagmire on steroids...

Hell I'll watch it anything with a talking alien can't be that bad

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Ya, it is on at 10:30 EST tonight. I'm watching it even though I do not believe it could be as good as Family Guy.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 09:07 PM
link   
It'll probably be a more political version of family guy.

And no, there is nothign wrong with that.

DE

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, that was a let down. I don't expect it to last very long at all.:shk:

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Well, that was a let down. I don't expect it to last very long at all.

Yep.

It did have it's moments though....like when the kraut fish was looking up his wife's skirt, hehe...very "Stewie" like in his character's wit.

Was it just me, or did the alien sound like Paul Lynds (perennial center square of Hollywood Squares)?

It was "cute", but certainly not near the level of Family Guy...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:15 AM
link   
It was just too blatent of a rip-off generalized character-wize. I was just waiting for the Family Guy doppleganger neighbors to drop by.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure this cartoon won't last long. It was hardly amusing... and just a "tad" right winged.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
I'm pretty sure this cartoon won't last long. It was hardly amusing... and just a "tad" right winged.

Really!?! I thought the whole thing was a satire on the right even though there were a few jokes about liberals.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Its not Family Guy good but it had its moments. My problem is, other than the German fish none of the characters are really likeable/unqiue. It had some good jokes, but the satire could be better.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster

Yea, those were my first thoughts. If American Dad just uses the typical Family Guy 'Flashbacks' that we all love, then it would be a lot better. I think the only one was when the father was mentioning the fishes brain and there was a flashback to an Olympian acting like a fish (which was hilarious).

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega

You thought it was rightwinged! I thought it was left winged at best. Quote Stan: Francine, you be very careful out there today, we're at terror alert orange! Which means something might go down somewhere in someway in some point in time, SO LOOK SHARP!

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Simulacra

Originally posted by JediMaster

Yea, those were my first thoughts. If American Dad just uses the typical Family Guy 'Flashbacks' that we all love, then it would be a lot better. I think the only one was when the father was mentioning the fishes brain and there was a flashback to an Olympian acting like a fish (which was hilarious).

Exactly my thoughts too, what makes Family Guy hillarious to me are the flashbacks and when they jump out of the scene and show something happend thats similar to whats going on. I only noticed two in American Dad, the skiing (which was hillarious), and the Grey discoving the jack in the box man tied up.

new topics

top topics

join