It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYT CORRECTS 17-intelligence Agency Russian hacking narrative to FOUR!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Ares2493

The grasping at straws is so ridiculous. NYT corrects a line from an article and it's "the house of cards is falling!" and "the narrative is collapsing!"

Lmao.

All they did was correct a commonly expressed statement about the ODNI report from January. The DNI is the head of the 16-member USIC. Some people therefore wanted to (and still do) take the report to be the cumulative opinion of the 16 intelligence community agencies + the ODNI.

That really doesn't make much sense considering that agencies like the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency or Department of Energy really couldn't be expected to have an opinion.

What they really mean is that the report is drawn on the available analysis from relevant agencies in the USIC.

But hey, grasp away. I'm sure Mueller will send everyone home and discontinue the investigation into Russian meddling in our election first thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I hope Trump sees this correction and tweets about it. That's the only way word will get out that it was all a hoax. Problem with that is that half the country won't believe him if he does.

NYT small disclaimer/correction will not be seen by most people.

eta: Wikileaks just tweeted about it. They say that even the correction is misleading as ODNI is not an intelligence agency. As posters here have already said. Hmm..i wonder if they're on ATS.
edit on 29-6-2017 by EchoesInTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Trumps lawyers have decided "not to act" on Comey Espionage charges
Allowing the Mueller probe to finish first 😎

Everyday he tweets the CNN narrative
He's a frickin genius!

Let the media chase and dissect his "reality show tweets"
Meanwhile he's doing the impossible

The swamp will be empty soon...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
The legal. Consumer, and covert pressures are starting to work against these domestic terrorists. Very good!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DillPickle

That game got old. It lost the Dems the election, and other than a small minority of brain dead activists like Antifa, the people by and large are waking up. The PsyOps have failed, people are smarter than they have been given credit for.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump actually has his very own psyops contractor on retainer and all the "woke" morons are chanting the phrases they devise after pouring over all the scraped social media data they've amassed on hundreds of millions by lying to people about personality surveys which were simply a front they used to surreptitiously obtain information from the friends and relatives of the unsuspecting victims via their Facebook accounts.

Also, I'll point out that Rasmussen, the only presidential approval rating poll that has shown Trump out of the 40s, has him at 45 currently.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland
FOUR is still greater than zero...

Let's look at those that remain: ODNI, NSA, CIA, and FBI

As stated above, the ODNI is not an agency....but an Office. Who has publicly stated their charter is to:

lead the IC in intelligence integration, forging a community that delivers the most insightful intelligence possible. ODNI’s National Centers integrate and coordinate the activities of the entire IC, or in some cases, broader U.S. Government in the IC’s major mission areas: counterterrorism, cybersecurity, counterproliferation and counterintelligence.

ODNI Source

That means they are supposed to coordinate the differing sources of intelligence and integrate into a cohesive view of the situation in each of the stated mission areas. SO, where were they when this was supposedly happening under the previous Obama administration? Real reliable.

Down to three.

The next is the NSA. Yes, that person breathing on the other end of every communications device going into or out of the United States (legally). And also revealed to be tapping it's own citizens under the previous Obama administration (illegally). Again, not a very trustworthy source IMO if they are so easily secretly breaking their own charter for years.

Down to two.

Next up, namely the CIA, is an organization built upon lying and deception. It has also been involved in countless cases of toppling foreign governments. So, how trustworthy is that organization for truth?

Down to one.

At last, the FBI, which the former director of that agency openly stated in sworn testimony that there was no evidence of collusion with the Russians during the presidential election. Even stating that the president was not under investigation for that topic at all.

Down to, ZERO.

So, where is this mountains of evidence?
Sounds like baseless claims and orchestrated lies by professionals that are paid to do just that.

Open your eyes ATS....the smoke you see is like a Hollywood move....it's fake.

SMH...

edit on 6/29/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: DillPickle

That game got old. It lost the Dems the election, and other than a small minority of brain dead activists like Antifa, the people by and large are waking up. The PsyOps have failed, people are smarter than they have been given credit for.

Meanwhile, Donald Trump actually has his very own psyops contractor on retainer and all the "woke" morons are chanting the phrases they devise after pouring over all the scraped social media data they've amassed on hundreds of millions by lying to people about personality surveys which were simply a front they used to surreptitiously obtain information from the friends and relatives of the unsuspecting victims via their Facebook accounts.

Also, I'll point out that Rasmussen, the only presidential approval rating poll that has shown Trump out of the 40s, has him at 45 currently.

Still hanging on to the super accurate polls huh??? How do you Dems ever expect to change their party and actually win something when the regurgitate the same garbage over and over....Polls.....LMFAO!!!!!!

Thanks man I needed that laugh.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

How dare you bring that truth in here......RUSSIANS RUSSIANS RUSSIANS!!!

Whew.....Thank God I said Russians three times fast....almost had some reality creep in here....

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Love to see how the left will spin damage control, one attempt so far, mainly a reach for "look! 4!! Still here!! Sinking...but head above water!!!"

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

Yeah. It'll be empty real soon except for all those Goldman Sach's bankers that he's stocking it with. Trump never wanted to "drain the swamp." That was a line that was created for him to say. He actually said so more than once, in rallies, in front of thousands of people and national news cameras.

People who are so eager to be deluded that even though he admitted that it was bulls#, they can't stop themselves from saying it. This whole "woke" crap is the epitome of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Here's how bizarre this all is. Earlier in the day, Sarah Huckabee Slanders is blathering about "Hollywood elites" to the absurdly deluded fanboys and fangirls who yammer about "globalists" and George Soros.

An hour or two later, Steve Mnuchin, one of the most powerful men in Hollywood, who has produced dozens of recent hit movies, is a former Goldman Sach's banker and ex-employee and partner of George Soros, is talking about what he'll be doing at the next G20 meeting.

The deluded people who don't see the GAPING CHASM that is the disparity between the rhetoric and the reality, who repeat all the stupid memes and ignore what is actually happening, deserve what they get. The rest of us, do not.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

so the news agencies who are now making people resign over illegitimate stories, and the same news agencies that are now heavily retracting their obvious BS narrative aren't grasping at straws?

but somehow, you consider people to be grasping at straws when they have actual footage and mountains of evidence of these same agencies either tacitly or blatantly admitting that there's no legitimacy to their reporting on this?

how does that work?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Uh. Donald Trump tweeted the Rasmussen poll as "proof" that he was doing better than Obama at the same point in his presidency. Of course, he was completely wrong about that (Obama was polling 5 points higher with Rasumussen, the most GOP and Trump-friendly polling outfit) but nonetheless, he tweeted it.

So polls are good when Trump tweets them in a failed attempt to backup his lies but bad when I post the EXACT SAME THING?

Yeah, no cognitive dissonance there.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

That's like the Clintons not reporting millions of dollars for three (or was it five?) years in a row, and then deciding to quietly file amended returns just before announcing her candidacy.

NYT quietly corrects their "oversight" because.... they don't want to get caught for being the corrupt lying failing fake news spewing bunch they really are.

edit on 29-6-2017 by queenofswords because: grammar correction

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I'm not Trump....I don't buy into polls....He does. And yes they are only the polls that are favorable to him...Do you blame him?

I was talking about you believing in polls....You were the one citing them on ATS....Not me or President Trump...

President Trump...... President Trump......Say it with me....It has a nice ring to it doesn't it....

PRESIDENT TRUMP........just rolls off the tongue...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
again......PRESIDENT TRUMP.......Say it.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The grasping at straws is so ridiculous. NYT corrects a line from an article and it's "the house of cards is falling!" and "the narrative is collapsing!"

Lmao.

All they did was correct a commonly expressed statement about the ODNI report from January. The DNI is the head of the 16-member USIC. Some people therefore wanted to (and still do) take the report to be the cumulative opinion of the 16 intelligence community agencies + the ODNI.

That really doesn't make much sense considering that agencies like the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency or Department of Energy really couldn't be expected to have an opinion.

What they really mean is that the report is drawn on the available analysis from relevant agencies in the USIC.

But hey, grasp away. I'm sure Mueller will send everyone home and discontinue the investigation into Russian meddling in our election first thing.

I guess you could say that.

I guess you could also just stop beating dead horses, but here you are, out in the sticks, branch in hand.

Giddyup!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

so the news agencies who are now making people resign over illegitimate stories, and the same news agencies that are now heavily retracting their obvious BS narrative aren't grasping at straws?

but somehow, you consider people to be grasping at straws when they have actual footage and mountains of evidence of these same agencies either tacitly or blatantly admitting that there's no legitimacy to their reporting on this?

how does that work?

I have no idea how illegitimate the retracted CNN story was. I do know that they were threatened with a very big lawsuit and they balked. It's not worth getting into the reasons why the story could have been completely accurate but they would have retracted it anyway but look at what happened to Gawker — and what they got sued into oblivion for was actually true.

I don't know what "heavily retracting their obvious BS narrative" means exactly but I'm sure it doesn't apply to this rather droll correction.

You have footage of what exactly? One of the hundreds of producers at CNN, a producer who doesn't even work on political reporting, giving his opinion about how the media focuses on what brings in the audience? Great. Super. And?

Then there's the video #2 from serial hoaxer O'Keefe that claims to show something from Van Jones that is far less than what it seems. I would assume you saw this post as you're the last post on the very same page.

Here's the Twitter video from a week ago and here's the transcript I typed up last night:

I am glad that there is a Russia investigation and I hope they get to the bottom of it. I think Democrats are fooling ourselves if we think that something is going to come out of this investigation and end the Trump presidency and make everything better. Unless there's a real smoking gun — which there's probably not — it's just gonna be a big 'ol mess. Meanwhile, we're not talking about jobs, not talking about poverty, not talking about solutions, not talking about the addiction crisis. Let's talk about our stuff.

Clearly what Van Jones was saying in the 3 out of context lines in the O'Keefe video, is exactly what he has already been saying publically. Not a secret and not the bogus "narrative" that O'Keefe tried to construct.

Who's really grasping here? You've got a few thin slivers of nothing that only fuel wishful thinking in the willfully deluded.
edit on 2017-6-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

wow.

I have no idea how illegitimate the retracted CNN story was. I do know that they were threatened with a very big lawsuit and they balked. It's not worth getting into the reasons why the story could have been completely accurate but they would have retracted it anyway but look at what happened to Gawker — and what they got sued into oblivion for was actually true.

you're playing dumb.

know how illegitimate the story was? so illegitimate, that they retracted it.

know how illegitimate the "Trump's Ally" story was? illegitimate enough for 3 reporters to resign.

know how illegitimate the collusion/russian hacking narrative is? two high-level CNN employees willingly and explicitly stated the issue is based on complete thin air.

and you think that people are grasping at straws for taking these instances seriously?

good lord.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

AMEN.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

I wish you'd believe a little less that ellipses make things seem somehow profound.

As it turns out, the "polls were so wrong!" meme is overblown too. A number of the national general election polls released on election day were actually quite accurate. Bloomberg and Reuters for instance were both +3 Clinton. Clinton won the popular vote by 2.1%.

I say "President Trump" all the time because that's his title. It sounds to me like your interest in politics is strictly emotional. That's what the world needs, more people whose approach to politics is the same as professional sports.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join