It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great Uncle and Grandfather were both Masons...need help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
My Grandfather and Great Uncle were both masons in Alabama. My Great Uncle was suppossedly very high in the order. I never knew him. When he died it was this big thing with a huge procession and all that stuff. Because my grandfather was in the order too and because they were brothers, he was allowed to take over my great uncles position until they elected someone else.

My grandfather died from alzheimer's. I don't have any information on what lodge he belonged to or anything related to the masons. He also belonged to something else but I can't find the info.

Even when he was at his worst (with alzheimer's) he would never tell me anything about his masonic stuff.

Is there any database I could search online??

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
There is no online database, but you could email the Grand Secretary of the Grand Lodge of the state or province in which he was a member, tell him who are, and ask for which Lodge he belonged to. You could then contact the Secretary of that Lodge, who keeps the records on file.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
There is no online database, but you could email the Grand Secretary of the Grand Lodge of the state or province in which he was a member, tell him who are, and ask for which Lodge he belonged to. You could then contact the Secretary of that Lodge, who keeps the records on file.

the state is alabama.

is this the correct place?

www.alagl.org...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Are you just trying to find out what Lodge he belonged to or what went on inside the meetings? If you are trying to find out what they do, discuss and what not,,,,,,you will probably never find it out. My Dad, grandfather, and several uncles are currently Masons and have been since you are allowed to join. I am not sure of the age.....anyhow.......I have asked my dad and granddad on MANY occassions what they do there. They just laugh and smile and tell me I don't need to know and I won't know......so I guess they take an oath or something and it is their little secret. If you ever do find anything out....let me know....hehe.
I don't think they are worshipping Satan in there though like some believe.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 02:40 AM
link   
How do you get elected to become a mason?

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrdfmnn

Contact a known Mason and express an interest in knowing about them with an eye to, perhaps, becoming a member.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by SethJaneRob

www.alagl.org...

SethJaneRob,

This is the right place. Click the link of Grand Lodge Officers 2004-2005 and contact the Grand Secretary. I'm sure he'll be glad to help you.

Regards,

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrdfmnn

Basically, to be one ask one. Freemasonry, in the UK anyway, doesn't recruit in any way. Joining a lodge is totally voluntary and it is down to yourself to contact them and request membership.

Many have friends or family already involved, if you do not know anyone simple contact the GL. Provincial lodge or even a local lodge directly, they will meet with you and explain everything you want and need to know.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My grandfather was also a Mason. One of my aunts told me that he stopped going to their meetings because he realized that the place was little more than an employment agency where the lesser members went to associate with those members who held high posts in government agencies in order to obtain well-paid jobs.

Then I saw an interview on television in which another disillusioned ex-Mason confessed that he got fed up with the Masonic meetings because they have all the trappings of occultism --solemn ceremonies in the twilight-- and nothing else, just rituals. Masons don't care about the journey inward, about learning to access other planes of reality. They are entirely focused on material success, political and economic power. They never hold channeling sessions, for example. All they do is just for show. So there you have all the truth behind this phony organization, almost straight from the horse's mouth.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrento
So there you have all the truth behind this phony organization, almost straight from the horse's mouth.

Well if that isn't the most profound thing I've ever heard...

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Macrento
My grandfather was also a Mason. One of my aunts told me that he stopped going to their meetings because he realized that the place was little more than an employment agency where the lesser members went to associate with those members who held high posts in government agencies in order to obtain well-paid jobs.

Then I saw an interview on television in which another disillusioned ex-Mason confessed that he got fed up with the Masonic meetings because they have all the trappings of occultism --solemn ceremonies in the twilight-- and nothing else, just rituals. Masons don't care about the journey inward, about learning to access other planes of reality. They are entirely focused on material success, political and economic power. They never hold channeling sessions, for example. All they do is just for show. So there you have all the truth behind this phony organization, almost straight from the horse's mouth.

I don't know about the lodges you're speaking of, and I know that there's all kinds of people good and bad in any group, but I've had my fair share of masonry and masons, and can tell you that everything you stated above is completely the opposite of what is actually true. You can think whatever you want, the people who matter have the intelligence to know what's real and what's not.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

www.alagl.org...

SethJaneRob,

This is the right place. Click the link of Grand Lodge Officers 2004-2005 and contact the Grand Secretary. I'm sure he'll be glad to help you.

Regards,

Thanks.

When I orginally asked my grandfather I figured he'd tell me because he had alzheimer's. It wasn't really planned and looking back maybe it was scumbaggy of me to do, but he wouldn't tell me a thing. You guys must have some hold over your members because someone who was in the late stages of alzheimer's wouldn't budge.

That intrigues me.

Maybe, after I contact his lodge and find that other group he belonged to I'll inquire about joining.

I'm not an xian though i was raised baptist and went to catholic school. I don't know if that would be a problem.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 01:13 AM
link   

That intrigues me.

Maybe, after I contact his lodge and find that other group he belonged to I'll inquire about joining.

I'm not an xian though i was raised baptist and went to catholic school. I don't know if that would be a problem.

As long as you have a solid belief in a supreme being, it doesn't matter what religion, or even HOW religious you are.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Man, he must really have been 'sworn to the death',

Oh well, everyone's doing it, it can't be that bad.

Could you honestly ask a Lodge Secretary (in Canada for eg.), is the Prime Minister a member of the Lodge? And you think they HAVE to give you an honest answer? Think again.

Just an example, don't get too riled up there, brothers.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
As far as I am aware every Grand Lodge produces a year book of all members.

They are not hard to get hold of, so membership is hardly a secret.

I have a load from where I have been tracing my great uncles, no deceased, masonic career. It gives there position held, if any, so I can see when he progress through his three degrees, if and when he took a position in the lodge like tyler, warden, deacon etc.

The local lodge summons states all members and all those in attendence, although granted these are only sent to members, but if you want to know if someone is a member just ask them I can't imagine they would lie to you, they may ask why you want to know.

top topics

join