It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Battle for the Soul of America at Gettysburg

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: pteridine

. Let's stay with the OP about Antifa showing up at Gettysburg,

Sorry OP includes both, both are allowed.

Had my say...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

. Let's stay with the OP about Antifa showing up at Gettysburg,

Sorry OP includes both, both are allowed.

Had my say...

Had your say, can't explain or defend your say, so you are running for the exit. Bring your mask to Gettysburg.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Haha whats the point of repeating the same thing over and over to people who don't get it.

Now run with that, lol...

intrptr out

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Haha whats the point of repeating the same thing over and over to people who don't get it.

intrptr out

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

intrptr out

I see that you still avoiding explanation of your statements and implied support of Antifa. You aren't repeating anything and are indeed running. I will just assume that you made statements you can't defend and are humbly begging for forgiveness. Granted. You may withdraw and complete your penance.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Just so everyone is aware there are no confederate graves at Gettysburg. All the graves are of union soldiers in the national cemetery there.

Additionally, off topic but i have been a civil war living historian and reenactor for 20 years. Most of you folks are talking out if your asses about things you don't know. Our focus on reenacting is about education. Many people barely get taught anything about this time period and much of what they are taught is wrong. We do not glorify war. We have hospital displays with makeup and amputations among other things. So bottom line remember this quote from Abraham Lincoln "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."
edit on 2-7-2017 by mus8472 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: mus8472
Just so everyone is aware there are no confederate graves at Gettysburg. All the graves are of union soldiers in the national cemetery there.

Additionally, off topic but i have been a civil war living historian and reenactor for 20 years. Most of you folks are talking out if your asses about things you don't know. Our focus on reenacting is about education. Many people barely get taught anything about this time period and much of what they are taught is wrong. We do not glorify war. We have hospital displays with makeup and amputations among other things. So bottom line remember this quote from Mark Twain "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt."

The National Park Service says that there are still Confederates buried at Gettysburg.

Efforts in the 1870s by Southern veterans' societies eventually relocated 3,200 Confederate remains to cemeteries in Virginia, Georgia, and the Carolinas, such as Hollywood Cemetery in Richmond, Virginia. A few Confederates do remain interred at Gettysburg National Cemetery.

National Park Service

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Thanks for the correction.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Warmongers never get it. Absolutely run as far away from them as you can, otherwise they'll drag you down to their hell, make false accusations, arrest you under false pretense and sentence you to "chain gangs" for not being like them...

for not 'playing war'. I stopped playing that stupid game when I was a kid.

Grow up.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Warmongers never get it. Absolutely run as far away from them as you can, otherwise they'll drag you down to their hell, make false accusations, arrest you under false pretense and sentence you to "chain gangs" for not being like them...

for not 'playing war'. I stopped playing that stupid game when I was a kid.

Grow up.

Can you link historic reenactors with war mongers? Many are history buffs and history teachers who are providing history lessons in the round and showing what happened at a turning point in the Civil War. They are not advocating war.
Do you still hold that "compared to war, none of anything protesters or demonstrators do matters even the slightest?" You also never defended your comment that stated protest, properly defined, should include "some form of civil disobedience, that is breaking 'laws' that restrict freedom of speech but appear to be upholding all the good."

What aspect do you think Antifa would protest [apparently they haven't, so far]? Do you support Antifa thuggery in lieu of peaceful protest?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Can you link historic reenactors with war mongers?

You're blind if you don't. One thing to study history, another to 'play army'.

Those are the people that should be sentenced to "chain gangs", not the anti war demonstrators.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
It's performance art.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Pro heritage???..sorry Confederates weren't American...they seceeded. They were technically a terrorist organization. Their flag was a white one. Celebrate that with your own privacy. As far as flag burning, look up some precedents. You'll find it to be completely legal. So celebrate your "HERITAGE" just make sure to let the WINNERS celebrate too...haha and you call us snowflakes.

(post by onemoreface removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Those are the people that should be sentenced to "chain gangs", not the anti war demonstrators.

You make connections that aren't there. Based on the violent actions of Antifa, you might conclude that they are the "warmongers" trying to incite a civil war and not 'anti-war demonstrators.' In that case, you would advise "Absolutely run as far away from them as you can, otherwise they'll drag you down to their hell, make false accusations..."

Are you able to respond to my questions about your previous statements or will you continue to evade and deflect? Care to rethink and restate that which seemed like a good idea at the time or will you double down?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Wow... just about the most ignorant thing I think i have seen you post...

Should I tell the dutch that dress the part and live the way the Gi's did during the Bastogne defense.. that they are nothing but warmongers... what about the folks in the towns in the Netherlands that have a waiting list for families to take care of the graves of the fallen.. maybe you want to throw them in with the warmongers..

Seriously this thread is not making you look good at all.. you are showing either massive ignorance ... or that you are stuck in an academic echo chamber that is only reinforcing your ideas that really do not mirror reality.

ETA: every year they dress up, bring in working jeeps, tanks etc.. they wear authentic uniforms, live in the same tents.. prepare meals the same way... then participate in a memorial walk 20k or so usually with a full ruck for those dressed as field GI's.
edit on 2-7-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: onemoreface
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Confederate flag was a white flag. Funny how they were so disgusting that they got put down like sick puppies. KARMA!!!!! Watch your adjectives terrorist supporter

Getting triggered again or just trolling to get an angry response.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
It's ironic that even as we speak, residents (black residents) are up in arms over parts of Harlem now being referred to as SoHa by realtors, businesses, developers and others moving into that particular area of Harlem.

Oh no! Long-time black residents say Harlem is Harlem and it belongs to black folks and they don't want anybody interferring or renaming any part of it. They say it has historical significance to black people and they don't want it touched or changed in any way.

“How dare someone try to rob our culture, and try to act as if we were not here, and create a new name, a new reality as if the clock started when other people showed up?” said state Senator-Elect Brian Benjamin at the press conference last Wednesday.

Harlem is a name that carries a lot of weight, and it’s a place that helped to bring us a slew of people and things that have had a major influence on the culture. To refer to it as SoHa to attract a new type of resident is gag-worthy.

Link

See the hypocrisy?

edit on 2-7-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

The Dutch are annoyed that the name Harlem was appropriated from their language and are demanding that it be changed.
Come to think of it, there are many place names that are cultural appropriation. Changing them to just zip code digits would work unless those who invented Arabic numerals would take offense.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Just an example of how silly this whole thing truly is.

History is the past. It's over. It can't be changed, only lied about. Which is, in its essence, what AntiFa, and others like them, want to do.

As an example, equating reinactors with warmongers. An asinine assertion when looked at with even a modicum of objectivity.

History should be learned from, not whitewashed and hidden away.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join