It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Battle for the Soul of America at Gettysburg

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+13 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
We could also call this ANTIFA goes too far.

Gettysburg National Military Park is preparing for its usual annual celebration of the Battle of Gettysburg this July 1-3. This will mark the 154th anniversary. This is generally a time for families to come together and honor their dead who fought in this bloody war. And typically pro-heritage groups also come to mark the occasion. This year is no different. Two such groups have permits to mark the occasion in the Park.

But this year is different. This year, ANTIFA is looking to crash the event.

Two pro-heritage groups have received permits to gather in order to mark the sacrifices of their ancestors during the battle. But social media is full of other calls for demonstrations, specifically from the anarchist group Antifa which plans to burn Confederate flags and desecrate grave stones.

Not only do they want to demonstrate with Confederate flag burnings, but that also want to desecrate the graves! I'm sorry, but at their worst, Westboro never quite stooped that far.

It looks like the Pennsylvania police are onto this, and I hope they do more than stand aside and let it all go down.

Because not only are there calls for ANTIFA to be there, but there are several re-enactment groups in the area, but also a permit issued to a Confederate re-enactment groups who marches there every year to hold a ceremony. And because of all the ANTIFA social media buzz, calls are going out to other groups to come in and counter the protestors. I don't think many want to see an actual cemetery defaced for the "crime" of holding the "wrong" dead people in it.

There may be a movement on to remove monuments to the COnfederates in cities, but so far, the cemeteries have remained untouched.

So we will see what happens this weekend.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Considering Wolf is our governor, it will be interesting. However the revenue stream the state makes from this historic site in our nations history and the possible blowback if our LEO's are given a stand down, I think ANTIFA just might find out how pathetic their attempt might be!

Also, there are going to be MANY there ready to hand their ass to them if they try!

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well they can burn all the flags they want...

But the moment they desecrate a grave is when they become disgusting pieces of sh*t.
Some of them already are... so I can't say I'm surprised.

+18 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I can hear the reinactors now... "Fix Bayonets!!" ...and blue and gray charge together. Union and Confederate battle standards flying together. That'd be amazing to see...

There was a shared brotherhood among the men who fought at that bloodletting. One of the earliest gatherings of veterans of that battle, and the war featured some of Picketts survivors reinacting their famous charge towards Cemetery Ridge where veterans of Hancocks 2nd corp had gathered. They came marching across those fields and the Union veterans went to meet them on the slopes with much cheering and hugging, and assorted other hatchet burying.

I would find it wholly appropriate if something of that nature were to occur during the "protests"--assuming the Pennsylvania State Police allow it to even come close to happening. I think the reaction in Pennsylvania will be a bit different than in California or Oregon.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I don't like burning flags, but that is to be expected.

But, desecrating graves is something else entirely. Those should and must be protected.

Antifa should really change their name to AntiAF (anti American Freedoms)!

Antifa is a subversive domestic terrorist group and I hope the FBI is keeping a sharp eye on them.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I've said before when this craziness about trying to ban anything related to the Confederacy began that it would only be a matter of time before they tried to come for the re-enacters too. It's the biggest bit of stupidity on wheels. Whitewashing history won't make it go away. It just ensures we don't learn from it.

It would be a fine, fine thing though if some of these ANTIFA brats got caught up on the short end of a re-enactment charge.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I can hear the reinactors now... "Fix Bayonets!!" ...and blue and gray charge together. Union and Confederate battle standards flying together. That'd be amazing to see...

There was a shared brotherhood among the men who fought at that bloodletting. One of the earliest gatherings of veterans of that battle, and the war featured some of Picketts survivors reinacting their famous charge towards Cemetery Ridge where veterans of Hancocks 2nd corp had gathered. They came marching across those fields and the Union veterans went to meet them on the slopes with much cheering and hugging, and assorted other hatchet burying.

I would find it wholly appropriate if something of that nature were to occur during the "protests"--assuming the Pennsylvania State Police allow it to even come close to happening. I think the reaction in Pennsylvania will be a bit different than in California or Oregon.

I kind of think so too Seagull! Our state is actually thinking of legalizing that certain plant our revenues are so down. I can't imagine Governor Wolf telling our LEO's to stand down and witness the destruction of an important part of our history as a country!

And not for nothing but I can think of only one other group who thinks it's cool to destroy monuments and they go by the name of ISIS....

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
SEND IN THE "BUCKTAILS"!!

Heard this last week... thought it was hogwash. Now I guess not.
edit on 29-6-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
.... I hope the FBI is keeping a sharp eye on them.

Huh? Antifa is FBI!
edit on 29-6-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: starviego

originally posted by: queenofswords
.... I hope the FBI is keeping a sharp eye on them.

Huh? Antifa is FBI!

Please elaborate! I'm intrigued.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I think that's pretty much assured. The FBI is fairly good at infiltrating groups like that. When they turned their attention to the KKK back when, it's been reduced to an impotent nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Every extremist or radical political group has traditionally been penetrated, co-opted, or created by the FBI.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
SEND IN THE "BUCKTAILS"!!

Heard this last week... thought it was hogwash. Now I guess not.

What does send in the Bucktails mean???? lol

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Sad, isn't it? We've come to expect the worst, rather than the opposite, where groups like this are concerned...

Rather than placing flowers in gun barrels, which worked ultimately, they'd rather start the shooting themselves.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
We need to wise up and unite against our real foes, like they did in the old days:

edit on 29-6-2017 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

It was the nickname of the Third Pennsylvania Regiment. It was a volunteer infantry regiment that fought throughout the War.

link   
This would be a perfect time to start that Civil War "they" (whoever that is) has been pushing for. I think Obama wanted the race war pretty badly. Nine months into his presidency we had the Beer Summit event...then Trayvon "if I had a son he would look like this" Martin...Ferguson...Baltimore...BLM, etc.!

Is this part of Obama's "resistance" effort?

link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I had heard about this a few weeks ago.
When local people started to post on social media that they would be there to kick some ass, the ANTIFA people pulled back.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Nothing so insidious. Just a bunch of stupid people who think the way to positive change in this country--I've yet to hear what that "positive change" entails, but anyway, it'll be positive--is by desecrating graves or lobbing things at party goers. Y'know positive things like that.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

It was the nickname of the Third Pennsylvania Regiment. It was a volunteer infantry regiment that fought throughout the War.

Damn! Learn something new everyday! Now I am kind of embarrassed!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join