It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wallops Launch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This video is crazy!

Yeah Science

Improved Malemute-Terrier Launch from Wallups
@0425 Virginia

A seriously groovy psychedelic light show starts at 4:00
and "lots" of dead air cuts too

Is this considered a success?

What does ATS think?
edit on 29-6-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Edit

edit on 29-6-2017 by DrumsRfun because:
  • The use of ALL CAPS

• edit on 29-6-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Pics

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:39 PM
    link   
    Simply beautiful

Too cool!

www.space.com...

edit on 29-6-2017 by iWontGiveUP because: Link

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:07 PM
    link   
    My kids and I got up at 4 am today. We checked the site to see if the launch was a go.
    We stood outside and watched while the launch occurred.
    We had broken clouds and couldn't see anything here in Eastern Pennsylvania.
    I am glad they finally launched after so many scrubs on this mission.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:11 PM
    link   
    Cool. I think some of those are just lens artifacts though but it appears there could be some plasma balls forming. They sometimes form around rocket launches. They float around and glow for a while from what I have read.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:36 AM
    link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
    Cool. I think some of those are just lens artifacts though but it appears there could be some plasma balls forming. They sometimes form around rocket launches. They float around and glow for a while from what I have read.

The whole purpose of the mission was to introduce chemicals into the sky that would form colored clouds in order to track high level atmospheric movements.
    So what you see in the photos are not lens flares or artifacts.
    If you go to the Facebook page for NASA's Wallops Island Flight Facility, you can look at a large amount of photos that people took along the East Coast. They show what the clouds of vapor looked like from various places.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:20 AM
    link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: rickymouse

The whole purpose of the mission was to introduce chemicals into the sky that would form colored clouds in order to track high level atmospheric movements.
    So what you see in the photos are not lens flares or artifacts.
    If you go to the Facebook page for NASA's Wallops Island Flight Facility, you can look at a large amount of photos that people took along the East Coast. They show what the clouds of vapor looked like from various places.

And people are worried about CO2 in our atmosphere.

new topics

top topics

join