It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ratios of record high to low temperatures... Surprises me.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Here is yet another video by David at adapt2030.

In it he uses Google to search for both record high and low temperatures globally. He goes regionally in some cases, hemispherically, and tropically. The information is something of a surprise even though I've been paying attention.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the remainder of 2017.

In these dog days of summer, it's easy to overlook this information. Personally, I could use some of those record lows right about now.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

If you looked at actual data, rather than google returns, you might find a less surprising result

As an aside, "earth is flat" brings up 111 million returns, compared to 139 million for "earth is round". Close enough to question whether flater earthers might be right after all?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I like weather.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Google is not a place where you can get unbiased information. a reply to: Bobaganoosh

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

This type of reporting is lazy at best, it does not represent and data. I actually don't mind David, his channel is good fun but I wouldn't take this seriously.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh
Here is yet another video by David at adapt2030.

In it he uses Google to search for both record high and low temperatures globally. He goes regionally in some cases, hemispherically, and tropically. The information is something of a surprise even though I've been paying attention.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the remainder of 2017.

In these dog days of summer, it's easy to overlook this information. Personally, I could use some of those record lows right about now.

He forgets quotation marks around his queries. These are important.

When you include those "record high temperatures" returns twice as many results as "record low temperatures".

When googling the news results with the same queries "record high temperatures" returns 5 times as many results.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The Ice Age Cometh.

People don't know what they're in for in the next 20 years. Big Huge Changes in Weather!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

btw Excellent Video, glad that you posted this.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew

If you looked at actual data, rather than google returns, you might find a less surprising result

As an aside, "earth is flat" brings up 111 million returns, compared to 139 million for "earth is round". Close enough to question whether flater earthers might be right after all?

Perhaps folks just want a good laugh?
Be my estimation of that one.
Its the quality of the data returned

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: gimcrackery
Google is not a place where you can get unbiased information. a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Hahaha. Do you know what Google is ? Google is not an information repository . It is a search link for that information
Gets my vote for best post of the day

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DramaKing

The Ice Age Cometh.

People don't know what they're in for in the next 20 years. Big Huge Changes in Weather!

Winter is coming.

new topics

top topics

join