It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the real Slim Shady please stand up?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I think that's an important point you made.

We have to remember we are all just human beings and nobody is perfect, including Mr.Trump.

The only thing you can really do is try and be the best version of yourself.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Democracies work via comoromise and finding a middle ground that nobody likes but most people can live with. Sometimes theres policy tradeoffs.

What we have is a very disfunctional democracy. Between lack of compromise, a hardcore left / right dogma, and thorough corruption, its just not working. We all know it. We can change it or there will be massive conflict.

Im not on a side, myself. I prefer less government in general, or the pragmatic middle ground.

It may be that the US needs to be decentralized into regions, and that those regions mostly govern themselves in more of a confederacy fashion. Then you can move where you like it best.
edit on 29-6-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This was or is a conspiracy theory site? Anyone understanding the basics of the political machine, understands it is rich bankers, business men, backroom agents and specificaly the military machine, big pharma, chemical companies and petro gas industries that run America. No matter who the president is their just puppets of the corporatocracy.

Every post commenting on which color paper Trump whiped his arse with or how many scoops of ice cream he eats. Are coments on the puppet by other puppets. The hole site is having it's strings pulled or the hand removed from the puppets arse to spread bull# everywhere that is ruining the content of a great forum....

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

It may be that the US needs to be decentralized into regions, and that those regions mostly govern themselves in more of a confederacy fashion. Then you can move where you like it best.

This is the sane middle ground now. You can call it regions, others will refer to states. But something along these lines is the best of a bunch of bad options. We're not capable of the best option anymore.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I hate the Left more than the Right, but I don't claim either.

I think people assume things about you because of certain positions we as individuals take, however, I would surmise everyone here on ATS holds some left and right opinions. It would be insane to assume that anyone on ATS accepts the complete Republican or Democratic platforms.

So, I guess what I am saying is that I look at who is trying to force their views and beliefs on me and that is who I tend to tell to bugger off. I don't need Government telling me what to do and think and that goes for politicians and parties on both the Left and the Right.

Don't assume someone supports party A because they are against party B.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I don't hate either side, politics mean very little to me. I understand that everyone is a human and at the end of the day we pretty much want the same things in life. A lot of the stuff we bicker about is quite trivial in the grand scheme of things.

I've said many times, if everyone were to drop the partisan and become free thinking individuals, we would all be together somewhere around the middle. The party system was created to seperate people, that's what labels are for.

Even though my OP was very blunt and direct, it was with good intentions in hopes that maybe with a bit of clarity, things could change around here. I think a good start would be for everyone to be completely honest with themselves and each other, because imo the problems aren't policies or positions, but rather us as individuals.

edit on 29-6-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Unfortunately, when those on the left and those on the right continue to hurl rocks at each other, the folk in the middle get hit by a lot of rocks from both sides.

Ouch!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Tulpa

That's the problem, a lot of people don't even realize there is a middle ground. It's me vs you, us vs them.

Maybe you should raise your hands up high and let them know you're there.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
This has been something of a ongoing mystery for sometime, so I felt that interjecting a little factual information might just be required.

First of all, Marshall and I were born in the same town, decades apart of course, but a very short distance apart. Needless to say family members knew each other.

Now, spin the clock back about 60 years and a certain young FBI agent said to my father while pointing at yours truly " His manner suggests that he is a very shady character". My father replied that slim people tend to be of just that nature.
( It was also the first time I got to sit in a 1958 Ford Interceptor ) There's more to this part but I'll leave that for another time.

About 25 years ago I told this story to old family friends while visiting my old home town.

What can I say gentleman,fact is stranger than fiction.

Buck

edit on 29-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

I'm having a hard time understanding Buck..

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I agree with the message here but it seems to be aimed at one particular side instead of both. You can't expect people to meet you in the middle when you yourself are unwilling to meet them there. That's not directed at you in particular.

The irony with these posts are so blazing obvious.

I noticed the "you say ATS is on the decline" which I'm pretty confident comes from a recent thread of nearly the same title saying almost the exact same thing AND also has the same hypocritical view in it!

How about taking your own pills you're trying to sell others before blaming one side or the next.

I mean honestly, can both the left and the right just shut up and stop posting on ATS already? Jesus... it's so annoying. Bring back the cryptozoology, alien, archeology, ancient civilizations, and NON-political infused topics already.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

You do know who Marshall is right ?

And you do recognize that handsome young agent in the picture ? ( With a nearly full head of hair no less.)

Its kinda like bacon and eggs actually.

The chicken is involved but the hog is committed.

Buck

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Well I guess everyone is entitled to their own opinions right?

I mean honestly, can both the left and the right just shut up and stop posting on ATS already? Jesus... it's so annoying. Bring back the cryptozoology, alien, archeology, ancient civilizations, and NON-political infused topics already.

This has to be a joke right?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Sorry Buck, still lost. Lol

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

What I was trying to do was to give a possible factual answer to the thread title's question.
I did not intend to mislead or confuse on the subject matter. (That's for you young people to discuss.)
I was addressing the title of the thread only.

Buck

edit on 29-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to: flatbush71

Oooh.. I completely forgot what my title even was lol.

Ah, it makes sense now.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
reply to: flatbush71

Oooh.. I completely forgot what my title even was lol.

Ah, it makes sense now.

I'm still none the wiser?

....but for a moment I thought he just confessed to being the real JFK shooter.

I'm sure i saw that car on TV sometime

???
edit on 29-6-2017 by Tulpa because: Confusion again

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   

My party of one salutes you.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Sorry Buck, still lost. Lol

Off-topic, well he is the real slim shady so relevant to the post title.

Buck you are from Detroit originally?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

Salute to you back bro

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join