It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harvard Professor calls for China to dominate South Korea

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
In Harvard, A Professor says that in exchange for denuclearization, China should establish a pro China Seoul.

After shocking us with the threat of catastrophic war, Allison uses that risk to justify his proposal to avert the crisis. Professor Allison states, in a manner that sounds like he has first-hand knowledge, that “some people in Mr. Xi’s circle” say the crisis could be solved by first, China removing the Kim regime, and unifying North and South Korea under a pro-Beijing Seoul, second, removing U.S. troops, and third, ending the U.S.-South Korea alliance. Like Xi reportedly provided to Trump, these “people in Mr. Xi’s circle” even give a historical justification to buttress the Chinese proposal for China’s administration and shaping of Korean unification. In the core of his argument, Allison says,

“Had North Korea not attacked the South in 1950, the United States would never have intervened. So if China were to assume responsibility for removing the Kim regime, denuclearizing the country, and reunifying the peninsula under a government in Seoul friendly to Beijing, would the United States remove all its bases from the South and end its military alliance?”

However, such proposal will allow the North Korean regime (But without Fat Boy) to rule over South Korea

China has taken slivers of territory in the Philippines, Vietnam and India, and since 1972 the U.S. has shown acquiescence, fear and a lack of resolve to defend that territory, and along with it democracy and international law. Given demonstrated U.S. fear, why shouldn’t China go for an entire nation like South Korea? In the process, did “some people in Mr. Xi’s circle” nudge a Harvard professor to write an opinion piece in the New York Times to soften up public opinion beforehand?

What I will call Allison’s proposal, because he is the first I know to make it publicly, lacks any mention of democracy and human rights in South Korea. And what of democracy and human rights in the North? Would Allison’s proposal mean that the North Korean police could, with support or as part of his “government in Seoul friendly to Beijing”, root out democratic opposition in the South? Does Allison really think that China would disassemble North Korea’s police state apparatus, which appears much more like Beijing’s government than does South Korea’s democracy? If China is really to make Seoul pro-Beijing, which appears to be a nondemocratic Chinese condition in Allison’s proposal, then one should expect Kim Jong-un’s regime to be transported to Seoul, with or without Kim Jong-un, rather than democracy transported to Pyongyang.

Don’t expect Beijing to deal fairly with pro-democracy South Koreans, or even to honor any protections for South Koreans in this telling Chinese future for the Korean Peninsula. We learned our lesson in Hong Kong, where China violated its promise to respect democracy after it took over from the U.K. China cannot be trusted. Hong Kong citizens who thought they would get democracy are now literally knocked to the ground as Hong Kong police, who answer to mainland authorities, suppress their brothers and sisters in pro-democracy demonstrations with arrests, pepper spray, tear gas, and beatings.

www.forbes.com...

In another thread , I mentioned that China also stated that if the US want them to put pressure on North Korea into stopping their nuclear weapons program, the US should allow them to take control of South east nations such as Philippines and Vietnam.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So folks should we sacrifice South Korea or Southeast Asia to solve the nuclear crisis or do nothing and let crazy Kim develop his nuclear weapons capability?
edit on 6/29/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
We should just go knock kim out of the game and work more towards human rights instead of human resources. Tell china 🖕 and do whats right for the people of earth before kim has the ability to launch missles world wide.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

Sadly, China wanted to be an Imperialist power for a long time ever since they conquered Tibet in the 50s. China would rather put its imperialist dreams first than to do the right thing.

Besides how can you trust the Chicoms to do the right thing when they were the ones who killed pro democracy protesters in 1989.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
More evidence, if any were needed, that the modern academic is an ill informed and naive left wing idiot. The most worrying thing is that these sheltered indoctrination centres are supposed to nurture the best and the brightest. The leaders of the supposed seats of learning get to control the narrative, and dictate state policy.
edit on 29-6-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Oh stop with the left wing BS please. I've had enough of that here on ATS.

Anyway I don't think SK will accept this. It will only make matters worse and invalidates the concept of NK as a buffer zone.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Then the only option is to allow North Korea to have nuclear weapons and have South Korea and Japan obtain their own nuclear weapons.

Otherwise China gets the empire it wanted....

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

That's because these professors host Countries contribute a lot of money to these schools in exchange to teach and encourage their views. Been going on for decades.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

As the article stated we learned our lesson from Hong Kong. So no it won't happen. NK will be dealt with soon enough anyway the way things are going.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
That's something we have in common then. Because I've had enough of listening left wing BS as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

What do you propose would be the solution to the North Korean crisis?

Because no matter what happens, China and Russia doesn't want US and SK to put troops in former NK.

If that actually happen, China and Russia would be covertly supporting a North Korean insurgency in former NK and that would be a nightmare of epic proportions that the US do not want to risk especially since the debacle in the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
That's something we have in common then. Because I've had enough of listening left wing BS as well.

LOL. Good dodging.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

Free NK with agreement that there are no Chinese and American military presence there.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

LOL. Good dodging.

You may think it was good, I didn't, it was way to easy.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The problem is as long as SK is democratic, China won't be satisfied. They would rather have a neutral but totalitarian regime then to have a democratic Korea that can be potentially loyal to the US.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

LOL. Good dodging.

You're right. You're too easy. I'm tired of your moaning about left-wing people. I am respectful enough to be patient with the right-wing people here on ATS but I get tired sometimes like YOU crying about it being a left-wing thing that is not relevant to the topic.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Then the only option is to allow North Korea to have nuclear weapons and have South Korea and Japan obtain their own nuclear weapons.

Who are you to allow or deny North Korea (or any other nation for that matter) nuclear weapons? I mean, it's not like you guys don't have your own or am I missing something here?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Who are you to allow or deny North Korea (or any other nation for that matter) nuclear weapons? I mean, it's not like you guys don't have your own or am I missing something here?

Because they have been threatening to use the nukes or so the story goes.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

LOL. Good dodging.

You're right. You're too easy. I'm tired of your moaning about left-wing people. I am respectful enough to be patient with the right-wing people here on ATS but I get tired sometimes like YOU crying about it being a left-wing thing that is not relevant to the topic.

Your post does not only display self-contradiction, it also screams ignorance. China and North Korea are totalitarian communist states and this professor is expressing support for these regimes, and their proliferation. Therefore this, is very much, a left wing issue.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The USA has at least as many nukes stationed in foreign countries as it does in it's own terrirtory. North Korea however....sorry, what was your point again?
edit on 29/6/17 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Right-wing supports war.
See I can play your game.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join