It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosul Mosque recaptured by Iraqi forces - ISIS Caliphate stronghold captured

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Accoring to reports the Mosul mosque where ISIS declared their caliphate has been recaptured by Iraqi forces

could this be the end of ISIS and its ideology as the ideological strength of a caliphate is its territorial claim.

The Great mosque of Al-Nuri recaptured

I have read before in previous articles that the strength of the caliphate is based in its territorial claims
and when those lands are retaken by infidels the caliphate can no longer be called as such and has to be disbanded

could this be the turning point in the battle against ISIS ?

what do you all think

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The end... no they will be around for the foreseeable future, but it is the first step on the path of them dying out.

Thanks for the good news.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
ISIS are something of an apocalypse cult, so no doubt they see the capture of their lands as part of God's Plan (tm).

But yes, it will certainly make it harder for them to raise money and find volunteers if they don't have bases to operate from.

Well I mean, the Saudi's will continue to support them financially anyway. But yeah, good news.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

I cant find it now but I think maybe two years ago i read a really detailed report on ISIS by a journalist who had explained that the caliphate cannot exist as it is ideologically without its territorial claims , and when those territories fall so will the caliphate and this capture of the great mosque is a swift and powerful blow to ISIS and its command of the region.

I also read that their apocalyptic view of the world and their prophecies required a caliphate to exist and also that the americans would be defeated in a great battle with them over the caliphate
but this hasnt happned and Iraqi forces have defeated them this is indeed great news and lets hope this is "the" coup de grace

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Like cockroaches theyll pop up somewhere else after america relocates and rearms them .

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The U.S., Saudi Arabia, Israel, and the U.K. have to now pretend that they're not pi$$ed off about this. But don't think for a second that their proxy army is finished.

Pay attention to Egypt and the Philippines...I have a funny feeling there'll be more ISIS surfacing there.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

I have to say Id agree , how much must this smack them in the face that Iraqi forces have achieved what they havent by taking out their central command region .

Time will tell , but lets hope they do not make gains elsewhere and that good shall triumph and quell the voices of hate

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

There's the above which you have already covered and then there is the question of whether or not Al Baghdadi was killed or not. If he is in fact dead, his successor can not take the take of Caliph. To be a Caliph, one must be able to trace their lineage back to Muhammad, a claim Al Bagjdadi was able to support apparently. It doesn't however mean the end of ISIS/DAESH as whoever takes over would just take the title of Imam. The recent defeats and loss of nearly all of its territory does indeed end their dreams of a wahabist caliphate but like most radical organizations, they will bury their heads, regroup and stick to committing acts of terror against civilians. Which again, with their loss of territory will make funding and recruitment more difficult. Especially when they have no oil to sell to Turkey to finance their ops. I don't think we are seeing the end quite yet. Just the end of this phase of its existence. Remember, we removed them taliban from power and control of Afghanistan 16 years ago and they are still hanging around, regrouping. And restructuring while attacking civilians. It's an endless cycle.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

I wish I could find that journalists break down it was spot on and would be a good source , however stanford done a report on ISIS

The Islamic State - mapping militant organizations

this is a good point to start for anyone wondering about it.

Hopefuly either Al Bagjdadi has been captured or met his fate

top topics

join