It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube stunt goes very wrong

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: snuffie

originally posted by: Woody510

originally posted by: MedicineManJohnson

originally posted by: alldaylong

originally posted by: Woody510

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Woody510

It would have been a good idea to see if the bullet went through the book before he held it against his chest.

There at one time was something called " Common Sense "

I think they actually tried it with another book at first and it stopped the round just not the 2nd time....

The moral of the story is, use the same book.
what if she used a different book on purpose knowing it wouldnt work? i mean why the heck would you switch books with so much at stake if it already worked once?

different books have different types of paper etc.. if it had worked i probably wouldnt ever have heard about it now its basically national news.

Personally I think even if the book stopped the round he'd have still been killed by the energy of it hitting his chest.

You know nothing about simple physics. If the round don't make it through the book, he doesn't get hurt.

Actually, people wearing vests frequently get winded, broken ribs, or even perish from the concussion of high powered rounds. The question of whether he gets hurt isn't one of whether the bullet penetrates a book, it is a question of how much kinetic energy is transferred from the book, and how much of that shock he can take. The book will buckle and deform under 1000+ ft lbs and create a bulge on the other side dragging the remaining pages like a parachute.

www.ponderweasel.com...

Among the accounts from those who have experienced being shot while wearing a bulletproof vest (and lived to talk about it), there is one consistent analogy to describe the feeling: being hit with a baseball bat...the vest should stop the bullet, but not before forcing the wearer backward or even knocking them down and sometimes with feelings similar to getting the “wind knocked out of you...even severe injuries can sometimes occur even in people wearing a properly rated vest and may include cracked ribs and even behind-armor blunt trauma (BABT), which can cause a wound that appears on its surface to be a gunshot wound.”

A desert eagle produces about 1000-1200 ft lbs MORE than these bullets they describe feeling like being hit by a baseball bat.
edit on 1-7-2017 by skynet2015 because: clarity

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: iWontGiveUP
Alright Meow

The snozzberrys taste like snozberrys

Always test your equipment

Why didn't he take a practice shot into the book?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
I have the same pistol

Nothing wrong with that ... but the last thing I would have expected to hear from you today.

Seriously??

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Meee32
Personally I don't think the girl should be punished or looked on badly for this, it was HIS idea.

To quote my old man 'if someone told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?'.

Of course she is an idiot. Who other than an idiot points a handgun at someone and then fires a 300 grain bullet at them hoping that a book stops the projectile?

Ever heard of a winchester xp3 sabot slug?

300 grain, full metal jacket, polymer tipped hollow point with a velocity of 1900 fps for a SLUG??!

How the hell is that even a legal civilian round?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You know, maybe I am just jaded, but nothing, and I do mean nothing, surprises me anymore. Over the last 20 to 25 years, I have watched a significant diminishing of "common" sense. It just gets worse and worse every day.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
In another stupid firearm incident, man sits on pistol and does damage to a sensitive body part.

edit:

Florida again
edit on 7/1/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
Nothing wrong with that ... but the last thing I would have expected to hear from you today.

Seriously??

Why? I love me some Second Amendment.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

A SLOW shotgun round travels at 1200 fps. A relatively quick rifle round travels at 3600 fps. So what, what's the big deal with a slug traveling at 1900 fps? There must have been some evil black on that round somewhere to make it so skeery to you! Was it the polymer tip, or the hollow point?? That, or it must have had the word "tactical" on the box somewhere.

C'mon.

edit on 7/2/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join