It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YouTube stunt goes very wrong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What kind of a tool shoots bowling balls with guns? Grow up Mr high and mighty mason. My late father, honorary 33rd degree at his lodge here in Canada could have taught you how to sound important without ludicrous claims.
Sounds like fun, to see what's in there and bust it up

I would in a heartbeat, I'm not metro at all, huh

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   
should have used an unabridged version

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

By all accounts they did try it on a book first without him holding it and it stopped the round. Just it didn't stop the round when he was holding the book. Even if the round hadn't have penetrated the book I'd have thought the force of the book hitting his body would've killed him.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Woody510 because: Autocorrect is evil

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Surely You would shoot just the book first to test it actually works? I have no sympathy for people this dumb. It's just natural selection at work.

CX

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: CX

Unless it was a hardback.

it was, still didn't work.

from the OP source,

They had planned for Perez to fire the large-caliber handgun at a hardcover encyclopedia being held by Ruiz outside their home on HWY 75, around 6:30pm. Perez told police that she had fired the fatal shot while stood just a foot away from Ruiz, according to the prosecutor.

I was kidding about the hardback...as though someone would think a hardback would be any better than a paperback when you are using something of that calibre.

Handgun, rifle, hardback or paperback.....the words ".50cal and book" just doesn't lead to a good day.

CX.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   
A .50 cal

There's your first problem

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Personally I don't think the girl should be punished or looked on badly for this, it was HIS idea. He wanted to do it and I'm sure at first she would have said hell no! But I'm sure he persisted and I read that he DID shoot another book and used that for proof that he would be fine!

If she is guilty of manslaughter then so is anyone that sets up or has involvement with any dangerous sport/activity!

She was no doubt pressured into doing it and was convinced it would be okay. HE convinced her! Hell, if he wanted to do it, I would have pulled the trigger too!

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Meee32
Personally I don't think the girl should be punished or looked on badly for this, it was HIS idea.

To quote my old man 'if someone told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?'.

Of course she is an idiot. Who other than an idiot points a handgun at someone and then fires a 300 grain bullet at them hoping that a book stops the projectile?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Personally I don't think the girl should be punished or looked on badly for this, it was HIS idea.

To quote my old man 'if someone told you to jump off a bridge, would you do it?'.

Of course she is an idiot. Who other than an idiot points a handgun at someone and then fires a 300 grain bullet at them hoping that a book stops the projectile?

Being an idiot is not a crime...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

If she is guilty of manslaughter then so is anyone that sets up or has involvement with any dangerous sport/activity!

She was no doubt pressured into doing it and was convinced it would be okay. HE convinced her! Hell, if he wanted to do it, I would have pulled the trigger too!

Then you'd be guilty of involuntary manslaughter, or even negligent homicide.

Pointing a gun at someone and pulling the trigger is an act of either:
1 - Malice
2 - Inconceivable Ignorance

Your logic absolves so many people of their actions, flying in the face of the entire idea of personal responsibility. Anyone who can be convinced that the stunt was a good idea, belongs separated from society, and any children they may have.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Being an idiot and killing someone is.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

If your idiocy leads to someone's death, yeah, it is.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Being an idiot and killing someone is.

See I don't think it is if everyone involved are willingly being idiots together! There are many examples of this... Look at rallies, you get idiots flying round in cars and idiots standing on the side of the road! If one of the idiots on the side of the road gets killed is the rally driver guilty of manslaughter? I don't think so and never heard of such a case or even heard someone accusing of such a thing.

People do dangerous stuff together all the time! It's not a crime in my opinion just so long as everyone is fully aware of what is going on and they accept the risk.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

See I don't think it is if everyone involved are willingly being idiots together! There are many examples of this... Look at rallies, you get idiots flying round in cars and idiots standing on the side of the road! If one of the idiots on the side of the road gets killed is the rally driver guilty of manslaughter?

No, unless they intentionally hit someone. Kind of like if an idiot points a gun at someone and pulls the trigger.

Your comparison is apples to rutabagas.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

See I don't think it is if everyone involved are willingly being idiots together! There are many examples of this... Look at rallies, you get idiots flying round in cars and idiots standing on the side of the road! If one of the idiots on the side of the road gets killed is the rally driver guilty of manslaughter?

No, unless they intentionally hit someone. Kind of like if an idiot points a gun at someone and pulls the trigger.

Your comparison is apples to rutabagas.

No but there is a pretty good risk there, okay another example, is the person that locked houdini in the box guilty of manslaughter?

Or in the rally example maybe the event organiser is guilty because it is stupid to intentionally allow people on the track.

People take risks like this all the time! It was HIS choice. If he had pulled it off he would be a hero and the video probably would have gotten a lot of attention and they potentially could have made a lot of money! There are many self made millionaires on youtube.

Unfortunately this time it didn't pay off. It's very sad in my opinion but no crime.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

1 - Malice

Your logic absolves so many people of their actions, flying in the face of the entire idea of personal responsibility. Anyone who can be convinced that the stunt was a good idea, belongs separated from society, and any children they may have.

How does it "fly in the face of personal responsibilty"? This is all about personal responsibilty! HIS personal responsibilty... Was this guy mentally challenged? As far as I am aware he was not! He made his choice!

Just as in the rally example the spectator chooses to be there and houdini chose to do the stunt! Steve Irwin chose to swim with stingrays... Yada yada...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

No but there is a pretty good risk there, okay another example, is the person that locked houdini in the box guilty of manslaughter?

Why would they? Houdini died from a ruptured appendix he suffered when a fan punched him.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Why would they? Houdini died from a ruptured appendix he suffered when a fan punched him.

Oh, ha... I was sure he died doing a stunt... Okay well I stand corrected there but I'm sure you get my point anyway! People do stupid things and it is ultimately their own choice, you can't blame the people around them that helped. The guy could have done this on his own with a piece of string.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Not the first time someone died trying a stunt.

As the joke goe's

What is the last thing a red neck says before he dies.

Hey watch this.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

1 - Malice

How does it "fly in the face of personal responsibilty"? This is all about personal responsibilty! HIS personal responsibilty... Was this guy mentally challenged? As far as I am aware he was not! He made his choice!

Just as in the rally example the spectator chooses to be there and houdini chose to do the stunt! Steve Irwin chose to swim with stingrays... Yada yada...

Because she could have #in said no.

Your argument that he convinced her to do it is bull#. Those people Charlie Manson convinced to kill people still #in killed people.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join