It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hitlers Portrait of a Stag Missing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I was explaining to a friend about how Hitler was a talented artist and he really should have stuck to that etc.

I remember learning about one of Hitlers paintings in high school art class. It was a water colour of a majestic stag standing in the middle of the frame. I understood that it was his most well-known painting with his others being non-spectacular landscapes. So I'm trying to locate an image of this painting to show my friend and I can't find it anywhere. This is really bugging me because I just can't find it :S

Does anyone know the image I'm looking for? Can someone post it for me please

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:59 AM
link   
The paintings I've seen by Hitler were all architectural studies/compositions.
He was actually pretty talented.
I agree that he should have stuck with painting.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Original Art – attributed to Adolf Hitler ‘Reh am Bach’ [hart by a brook] oil on wood panel showing a young deer standing by a stream in an alpine setting. Signed ‘A Hitler’ to bottom right hand corner.

www.the-saleroom.com... -7ede-40f7-a583-a44700a3c873

edit on 4America/Chicago08Thu, 29 Jun 2017 06:08:03 -050029600000017 by weirdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
But in all seriousness does anyone at least remember this painting by Hitler??

I'm using all different search terms but can't find it. I don't want to start down the ME road but this is really odd that it's no where.

I remember the art class where we learnt about it; My teacher sued one of those old (then current) projectors to show us various examples of art styles on the wall. One by one she'd talk about them. Then when it got to the Stag we were all so complimentary to it until she told us that Hitler was the artist. Then we were all disgusted as if the Devil had painted it

Anyone remember the one I'm talking about??

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

No this isn't the one. I've never seen this one before

The one I remember was of a big stag it was a large breed like a Sambar. It had majestic antlers and was looking towards the left of the frame. The colours of the background landscape were blue and dark green

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

Thanks for posting

No these aren't it either. I must have some serious false memory happening! :/

I remember it being pictured in an ornate gold frame. The painting wasn't very big either

new topics

top topics

join