It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

" ark encounters " -are you a for profit corp. or a ministry ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
once again - young earth creationist cockwomble ken ham anfd his " ark encounters " clowns are making headlines in kentucy - for all the wrong reasons

in a famous debate with bill nye - mr ham claimed that nothing would mak him change his mind

it seems he lied

money - will make him change his mind [ or more accuratly - the threat of paying taxes ]

the obligitory summary :

williamstown - the kentucky town where mr hams " creation museum " is based - has come up with a novel way to provide extra funding to emergency services - demand a 50 cent tax on every ticket sold at " pay to enter " attractions in its juristiction

this would target 3 businesses - 2 of them , Williamstown Family Fun Park and Main Street Gardens. seem to have acceppted the notion of the tax

but in line with YEC dishonesty policy - " ark encounters " is now claiming that its a "religious ministry " and thus tax exempt

this would be fine - if it wasnt for one [ actually an entire list ] of pesky details

at EVERY point uptill now - they have claiimed to be a " for profit " corporation - registering themselves as an LLC

the reason - because a for profit LLC - could get finding and tax breaks that a ministry could not

now they are expected to py tax - they have literally done a volte face - and are claiming to be a mministry

you cold not make this crap up - but apparently ham and his ass-clowns think that is a valid strategy

and people wonder why i has contempt for the idiots

source

please click the source link - as hemant has screen caps and doc links that i CBA to transfer - that shjow just how brazen this scam is

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Wow, how is that scammer still operating? It was a joke before(haha nice dinos), now a full on scam. People in the state aren't stepping up against him or are they. Apparently not enough.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Thought he shut down by now with how that thing losing money faster than the u.s government . He must have found more suckers to invest in his stupidity .

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Well people think they are giving money to stop god from kidnapping their souls to torture them for all eternity.
edit on 29-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

the Bible proves the earth is older than 6,000 plus years. However it was made habitable by God for his creation of man in just six days.

I asked a question in another thread why there was water in space around the earth and on the earth if in fact the earth was made before the depth of heaven and before waters which were ordained to be in fountains. Read Prov 8:23, 24.

Still no reply. Earth was older that the depth of heaven (deep Space and older than water in fountains. And more importantly older than Darkness.

edit on 1-7-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

here is the link to the questions I asked, is the 4th post from the top www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
update : ken ham has just gone " full retard "

if you thought the " bait and switch " detailed in the OP was not ergrgious enough - "ark encounters " the for profit LLC that used its for profit status to get huge financial aid from the state [ kentucy ] , counry and township [ williamsburg ] has now sold the land that its " ark " sits on to a non profit religious outfit for $10 - yup a plot valued at $40 million [ or 18 if you use more conservative valuations ] sold for just $10

i get no pleasure from threads like this - but if the state , county and township authorities had listeded to people critical of mr ham and his clowns - they might have avoided this entire mess by making the religious backers of this idiocy pay full taxes and full price on EVERYTHING conected to this farce with ZERO public money or consessions

source

i

top topics

join