It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message warning from Illinois comptroller

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Darkblade71

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: Darkblade71

Walker, who is clearly a few dogs short of a team.

HAHA!

He didn't get the message. Powerball isn't selling in Illinois, because they can't pay the winners... 😂

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I hate to say I told you so, but our nation's policies of consumerism and infinite growth are not supportable.

Doesn't Illinois have something like 25 million people? When you have more people than resources collapse is inevitable.

The solution is to decrease our population to the point where houses are affordable and natural resources are abundant so people don't have to work themselves to death or become criminals to survive.

I am from Washington and I can tell you that when I was growing up there 40 years ago normal people could have a house and a decent quality of life. Now that the population doubled and evil corporations and developers have helped drive the cost of living through the roof we are having some of the same problems that other populated places have been having.

Is it really a coincidence that most of the places with serious problems are densely populated? Detroit, Chicago, Florida, California, etc.
edit on 30-6-2017 by CB328 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
Well, when they cut our benefits in the late '90s they assured us it was what was needed to stabilize the system. Indeed, it did for a year or so but then the legislature didn't do their due diligence in overseeing the management of the pension systems.

You bet we want what we were promised and worked faithfully for 30 years to get. Spousal benefits have already been cut. At this point it's down to bare bones pension and health insurance for the pensioner only.

Lucky for us, we had a better financial manager than the state pension fund had so we were able to shore up the pension with other investments. Seeing the crash on the horizon he advised us to invest in hard assets. And that has made all the difference.

I don't know about the Illinois situation with pensions but in Kentucky there has been ample room for "double dipping" in the state pension system. I know several folks who are drawing double pensions and one guy who is about to start collecting his third---all from the same government---state government, legislative and law enforcement. As I understand it, there are moves afoot in the legislature to address that issue and come up with a fair way to handle it. The state should have to honor its contracts same as individuals.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
A little information on the Illinois special sessions.

The Special Sessions Cost Illinois Taxpayers $50,000 a Day.
The special sessions have lasted from 10 to 23 minutes at the longest.
Progress was announced yesterday: My sources tell me that by an 84-0 vote, part of I-55 will be renamed the Obama Expressway.

Unbelievable.

mishtalk.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

Well, it's so simple! If we kill everyone, then there's no budget problem ...

Are you volunteering to go first?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I don't see anything in his post that talks about killing ?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

Thanks for sharing about more, worse than I figured.

I'm seeing shutdown news from earlier in the year for Oklahoma and Kansas? Ohio adverted shutdown earlier in the year I believe.

New Jersey is preparing shutdown: Source

No positive updates for Illinois?

Washington State-Komo State officers preparing to close, parks to stay open on Friday-may close after.

If a budget is not approved by Saturday, July 1st, the state would go into a partial government shutdown. About 32,000 state employees were told they would be laid off under the shutdown. More than 40 agencies were told to prepare for full or partial shutdowns.

Maine will partially shut down but keep police employed and state parks open. Source

Heard on news this morning that Maine is also troubled...

That is a lot of states having problems.
edit on 9Sat, 01 Jul 2017 09:44:42 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This a truly a clear and present danger and yet nobody is even interested in discussing the issue.
Not in the media or for that matter here at ATS.

Its a sad time for America

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Yea think about Greece, the media went nuts about that. Greece got downgraded to junk really fast, but hey US rating agency's are more careful in these cases of course, since it's the US! lol? Greece didnt missed any payments, as far as I know.. they got help from other EU ''states''.

Go spend more on some stupid foreign wars/defense.. no problem, money no problem!

I wonder what's going on really / how bad it really is, the US debt clock is standing still for some months... how can that be, it went from 10.5 trillion to almost 20 trillion in just 8 years under Obama and now it's not moving, ever since Trump got in office..
edit on 1-7-2017 by Pluginn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
This a truly a clear and present danger and yet nobody is even interested in discussing the issue.
Not in the media or for that matter here at ATS.

Its a sad time for America

As of late, If you can't blame the other party or use it as a talking point, keep it quiet. So consumed by fake cnn news, Russia, and Trump. Every major issue isn't even a blip on the news feed.

Military action in NK, Europe devolving into no go zones, state and federal budget crisis, economic stagnation, infrastructure improvement, actual national defense like securing the power grid from attack, VA reform, tax reform, immigration reform, even their major issue healthcare reform... Nothing is happening.

Illinois didn't have a budget for 3 years and they aren't the only state to not pass one. How many years have we been on a continuing resolution? Politicians, whether by ignorance or self interest, are killing us.

Maxine Waters demanded from a German bank Trump's detailed finacial records and when they declined to provide them with a legal reason, she is now blaming Germany for covering for Trump.

What the F does that have to do with helping solve America's problems. The fires spread while our Neros are debating the song they should fiddle.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Virole

No no no. Greater social spending and high taxes lead to prosperity.

Get it right.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71

I don't see anything in his post that talks about killing ?

The Malthusian talk about too many people for resources. Then he talks about decreasing population. You can assume that he means simply moving them elsewhere, but where are they being moved to and why would people in those places want them?

So the other route to reducing population to match resources means killing.
edit on 1-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Ugh, considering how many people blast their loads on Rippies, I don't think Anchorage could handle the massive influx of beggars and bums Powerfully would bring with it.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:52 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Spoke with a friend yesterday. He does underwriting and has the option to work from home. He was in NC yesterday house hunting. I haven't spoken to him about this yet, but he said about half his office is moving out of state.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join