It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Theory I have Never Heard Before...Every X Years

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

We exist then as part of an even larger Universal group of millions of other "'universes" which in turn? They exist within even LARGER "universes".

Those who dont get that there HAS to be BILLIONS of species out there...arent thinkin'!!

Best, MS

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Nice theory except everything in turn spins around or moves towards "The Great Attractor" respective to everything in the observable universe.

Distance/Time/Space is not a boundary to a Type V civilisation on the Kardashev Scale of which there are extremely old Open Star Clusters that could have civilisations at that stage... Some of the oldest structures(Galaxy) in the universe that appear shortly after the Big Bang an e.g EGSY8p7

Point being, where we are now or X from now has no bearing on when we are visited but time is the only factor I believe, even at the speed of light it would take a Type V four years to travel to Earth from Alpha Centauri. So any visit wouldn't just be a off the cuff event/trip, it would be a well prepared, scripted task most likely more recon and sample gathering than contact, as we actually still kill each other and delight in our own suffering and stupidity... not really prime contact material are we
fresh out of the cave and still savage. Good news is 2041 that will change... and please put money on it if you want, I'm very confident

edit on 29-6-2017 by DreamerOracle because: KEEP YOUR EYES ON ARCTURUS

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Nobody does "What if's"
better than Vasa. You always
get the wheels turning in my head

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
it takes 230 million years for the solar system to complete one orbit around the milky way galaxy. if your hypothesis holds water, then we have been steadily moving away from such worlds and possibly will have died out by the time we swing back around to them.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

What they found is that the Milky Way appears to live in a relatively empty area. Per unit volume, there’s half again as much light reaching us from galaxies 1.5 billion light-years away as there is from galaxies right around us.

It’s as if we’re living in the suburbs, and the skyglow we see in our backyard comes more from distant cities than from our neighbors.

If this sparse region that we live in is a true cosmic void, then at 1.5 billion light-years in radius, it’s well above average in size, says Hoscheit. Typical voids have radii between 90 million light-years and 450 million light-years, he says. But this void would be so big, it would encompass the Laniakea Supercluster, which the Milky Way and its Local Group of galaxies call home, as well as the Tully Local Void, which Laniakea borders.

SkyAndTelescope.com - Does the Milky Way Live in a Void?.

You are talking vast distances which means time. If we are in a void of stars then that void has to come into the "city" so to speak before we can brush up against anything interesting.

And that is before you start taking expansion into consideration. Let alone universe rotation.

A void ("avoid" hehe) of stars 1.5 billion light-years in radius and our little sun has 4.5 billion to go. Too bad we are going to collide with Andromeda in about 4 billion years. Then that whole mess is heading towards the Virgo Supercluster.

You should be happy with the 200 billion stars you have here in the Milky Way!!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   
In the end of all this discussion life still had to start some where at least once right? The problem is life is just another complex chemical system to the universe...there is no such thing as life...

The earth has wiped life off it's surface a number of times, and life started very early in earth creation, so this tells us that life happens as part of a natural event in our universe when conditions are right. It hasn't been very special on earth so I doubt it is very special on other planets that have good conditions too.

If we go back 600 million years we had snowball earth that knocked all life back to basically microbes and we see what happen with that? Life on earth is mostly all related back to snowball days. Humans are related to even plants and insects.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Considering the distances involved, it is a moot point. If our closest current neighbor, Proxima Centauri, is now 4 LY from the Sun, how much closer do you expect another body within the Milky Way to get?

Point being, 4LY is either entirely impossible or it is simple for an advanced EBE. As the Solar System orbits the center of the Milky Way, are you suggesting that in perhaps 100 million years the Sun may only be say.......2.2 LY from another solar system containing intelligent life? If so, and they can travel here at that point, who's to say the larger distance right now is a barrier? Or, who's to say they're not wiped out and extinct by the time your close approach happens?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Valid.

Our solar system doesnt stay in the galactic disc and actually dips up and down in a sine wave formation. It leads to the idea that our solar system was relatively recently captured into the galactic plane.

It lends creedence to your theory, and guess what? We just passed through the disc recently, bringing us closer to more star systems.

It is also theorized that this period yields more kuiper belt objects flying into the inner solar system.

Interstellar travel is not based off of typical speed as compared to c or light speed. It involves more exotic principles. An accordion is a good analogy.
edit on 29-6-2017 by CreationBro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

You don't understand expansion and how things actually move about in the universe do you? Do a little more research before posting next time.

Bravo, here's a
for being so cool but how about educating us then instead of acting like a smart a$$.

We are trying to get back to our ats roots and get away from politics and the snide comments and yet we get someone like you wanting to do the opposite.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I know that we have some very intelligent people reading and posting on this forum. Why do we always seem to believe that an alien species needs to be close or have some kind of light speed to reach other habitable world's? It appears that light speed isn't reachable anyway, and on a galactic scale it would be painfully slow. If it were me and I had to colonize the Galaxy without some kind of space time bending technology I would start by tersforming promising planets and systems. Coming into this system I'd look at Venus earth and Mars. Maybe some moons of the gas Giants. Send automated terraformed ahead.

Then you've got the 10,000 year starship idea. Send out a generational starship every 10,000 years and as long as everything colony does that you could colonize the entire Galaxy in a relatively short amount of time. Maybe that's why Mars and earth show signs of advanced prehistoric civilations.

Just an idea.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: spinalremain

Maybe they took a more "plant like" approach? Clone themselves as reproduction?
Saplings no seeds, but then went hyper intelligent,
but more like trees a slower experience of time, different senses,
and it was much more logical to leave the planet,
open up new spaces, drive the daring heroes, the attention seekers of the group
and everybody without any other purpose, poster gals/guys
sacrificing their existence which is reproducible and kept in stock
They are all the same guy, like a mushroom
they all think about the same problem, creating a feedback,
they're sending all the same signal, (like plants remember?)

Sh1t..?! What am I talking about?

sorry I'll go spaming somewhere else now...

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Great concept! This is the first idea I've seen about the possibility of aliens told in this logic and story.

S&F

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm a bit of a "people watcher" and I've noticed patterns every couple of years or so in certain types of people just 'disappear' from the landscape. When I first saw it happen, it came as a massive shock because an entire street-load of performers and artisans just vanished overnight.

I always wondered what happened to them.

Maybe there was one of these Cosmic Windows and their ship came in.

Still watching, looking for more anecdotal evidence.
Will report back if I notice anything major.

Interesting concept.
This one is gonna leave me thinking.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Somekindofwizard

I like it.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
As our solar system is moving around Milky Way's gravity center, so does (nearly) every other solar system, too. Same vector, same speed.

Usually, we don't come closer to other systems this way.

There are rogue planets and brown stars moving through the galaxy on more or less random courses, even stars and black holes might do so - but they are FAST.
See ....

exactly correct, the Milky Way Galaxy is pretty much like a pinwheel...all the Suns and solar systems are pretty much in fixed positions to each other, even as they orbit the Galactic center

but there is one Big Exception... the Andromeda Galaxy is moving on a collision course to this Milky Way Galaxy...

see:

Andromeda galaxy will collide with Milky Way - CBS News
www.cbsnews.com/news/andromeda-galaxy-will-collide-with-milky-way

Video embedded · Andromeda galaxy will collide with Milky Way. CBS Evening News ...
Andromeda galaxy will actually collide with the Milky Way in about 2 billion years, ...

so, your OP theme, of worlds passing on-a-regular-basis, is a rarity or oddity and exception to the norm of worlds remaining apart and generally autonomous-unto-themselves

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Is it the gravitational attraction between Andromeda and Milky Way that they're gonna collide?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: IQPREREQUISITE
a reply to: St Udio

Is it the gravitational attraction between Andromeda and Milky Way that they're gonna collide?

that might be it... I just clicked the 'attraction of Galaxies' because I recalled the fact from past learning....

I think it goes with something to do with the formation of Galaxy Clusters (mega structures) in the Universe (which is still expanding faster that it was thought to be by physicists

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I think you are expanding too widely on your initial logical assumption. Space expands like a bun dough with raisins. The bun expands equaly everywhere so that all raisins (galaxies if you will ) move away from eachother. In other words , with the current model of space the distance between the galaxies will grow so large that gravity will never be able to arrange a rendevouz between two galaxies on opposite sides of the universe ( or atleast not for nearly an eternity ).
Your theory might hold if you are talking interplanetary or interstellar but i can olmost say with certainty that its not intergalactic.

Ps. Some Galaxues do merge but those galaxies are relatively close so that gravity trumps the expanding dough

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join