It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alternate Theory I have Never Heard Before...Every X Years

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
So....I was contemplating alternate theories on aliens and ancient aliens and such and thought of something that I have never read about before.

Ok, now we live in a solar system that is constantly moving around the sun. We are in perpetual motion around it, or at least as perpetual as motion can be.

Our solar system is in our galaxy, which is also in perpetual motion. Traveling around the universe in the same manner around something that has more gravitational pull than it.

So, because our solar system can be plotted and its planets journeys plotted and even pre-plotted before our time at this point, we can ascertain orbits based on our ability to calculate.

Well, this would also mean that, had we been around long enough, we could ascertain our orbit around the galaxy and universe.

So, to that end, what if we travel around the galaxy or universe every "X" amount of years and come within reasonable distance of another that may have intelligent life as our own? What if this intelligent life had the ability to travel a bit farther into space than us and the last time around they did and greeted our planet on its way by?

What if aliens are simply those from another planet that we pass by every "X" years in the galaxy or universe that HAVE been around for longer and did decide to see if they could repopulate? What if they were able, long ago, to plot our solar system through the universe and DID have the historical records to prepare for our last passing and DID manage to land on Earth and populate it?

What if we are about to pass close to that planet/solar system again? What if this is what is causing global warming and is known by TPTB? What if we are about to truly understand where we came from?

Anywho....just something that popped into my head.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
This would also explain possible artifacts on other planets....

What if Mars was a first attempt because it was believed to be habitable as well?

What if the supposed craft on the moon are real because whatever trajectory the alien planet had was thrown off after our solar system traveling the galaxy and encountering another pull they had not yet discovered and calculated for? What if this caused them to crash into our moon?

My mind is running a bit wild, but this being the subject of alien life, I feel this theory is as sound as any out there.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

We have Earth, which is our world, next up is the Galaxy, then the universe 🌌, what comes after that I wonder?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Very valid concept. Take us and going to Mars for example, the opportunity only presents itself once every 26 months for a feasible trip there.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Isn't that what they say about "planet X" or Nibiriu (?)?

Like exactly....

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I completely follow what you are saying, however, aren't you talking about some MASSIVE cycles of time? Perhaps in the hundreds of thousands to millions of years time frame? Even if we assume an alien race were plotting celestial charts for the express purpose of exploration or colonization it would seem to me to be a morbidly long time frame to simply wait for the right time. When within those hundreds of thousands or millions of years that alien race would have simply evolved to a level of technology and capability that would essentially eliminate the need for plotting. They simply travel at will where ever and when ever desired.

To dovetail off of your original thought I have often wondered what other ETs exist that are even more advanced than the ETs we theorize to exist. Is evolution never ending? What if another life form has evolved to the level of conscious thought not contained within a life form and exists only as pure energy? What if the ETs we think of today are actually the equivalent of ants to an even more advanced race of ETs?

Great post BTW.

edit on 29-6-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   

A lot of what ifs...but hey...a million in one shot happens...every now and then

Anyway...interesting thoughts. Where you under the influence at the time ?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

I would like to comment on this, because I feel spacetime means to manipulate the one you have to manipulate the other.

Spacetravell only makes sense with "spacetime manipulating technology" which means also functions as timetravell.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
As our solar system is moving around Milky Way's gravity center, so does (nearly) every other solar system, too. Same vector, same speed.

Usually, we don't come closer to other systems this way.

There are rogue planets and brown stars moving through the galaxy on more or less random courses, even stars and black holes might do so - but they are FAST.
See "Dragon's Egg" from Robert L. Forward, a sci-fi-book about a neutron star moving close by the solar system, with live spreading on itself (very very rapidly).

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
As our solar system is moving around Milky Way's gravity center, so does (nearly) every other solar system, too.

Actually, just like our solar system, further objects from the center mass have a longer orbital periods than closer in objects. A system on the other side of the galaxy that is in close to our orbital trajectory but just a bit closer to the center mass will eventually be close (in astronomical terms) to us instead of on the other side of the galaxy.

Of course, this would take a really long time, but eventually the distance would close to a point where travel at current and predicted future space travel would be possible.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
As our solar system is moving around Milky Way's gravity center, so does (nearly) every other solar system, too.

Actually, just like our solar system, further objects from the center mass have a longer orbital periods than closer in objects. A system on the other side of the galaxy that is in close to our orbital trajectory but just a bit closer to the center mass will eventually be close (in astronomical terms) to us instead of on the other side of the galaxy.

Of course, this would take a really long time, but eventually the distance would close to a point where travel at current and predicted future space travel would be possible.

Surprisingly, that is not what is observed. The rotation curves are flat over wide ranges, thus the whole dark matter business.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I know that mass extinction events have been correlated with our position in the milky way.
Past supernova's also are revealed by radioactive istopotes:

link

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

X Years X Generation Xmas Xst and PlanetX yes I have heard of this before. Do you think the XMen will show up first?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Its takes our solar system / galaxy arm about 250 million years to complete 1 orbit around the center of our galaxy. We should also remember that we dont really know for certainty how large our universe is / how old it is. The 15 +/- billion years old is based on what we can observe. There is no telling whats beyond that viewable range but our best guess.

Also all solar systems in our galaxy orbit the same around the galaxy center so we wouldn't be coming any closer to other solar systems in that regard.

Our species has amnesia...

Who is to say that intelligent life existed hundreds of millions / billions of years ago and over the course of evolution that species died out / was exterminated either by their own doing or by someone else outside this solar system.

Either way interesting theory.
edit on 29-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I believe all solar systems are traveling around the center of the Galaxy at the same speed, so the systems near us will always be the same.
Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw that in cosmos.

As for galaxies, they're all moving away from one point, and speeding up- so farther away from each other.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
I believe all solar systems are traveling around the center of the Galaxy at the same speed, so the systems near us will always be the same.
Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw that in cosmos.

If all systems were orbiting at the same speed, those near us would actually never be the same.

Think about it. Systems with a smaller orbit would complete an orbit before a system with a larger orbit.

Remember those marathon tracks on the Olympics? Every time the tracks follow a curve, the runner in the tighter curve gains advance over the runner in the larger curve

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
You know,me+the hubby and our son had a rather spectacular ufo sighting early one evening.Then recently our friend told us that the son of a woman he knows well,saw that same ufo "parade" that evening.He told Nick,after explaining his sighting,that he felt so happy to see it Again.He had seen it 10 years before also,when he was a kiddie.Exact same sighting,he said he got this really happy feeling of "Heyyy they're back again!" So in at least one case,the ufo's returned in exactly the same way a decade later.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Other celestial bodies are also moving through space, which means, I think, that we don't really move closer to "anyone else".

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

You don't understand expansion and how things actually move about in the universe do you? Do a little more research before posting next time.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
you could be right, they are finding out new things everyday, that defy belief www.newscientist.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join