It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell charged over historical sex offences

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Kalixi

Well said!

People want to bury their heads in the sand and for many it is a huge shift in consciousness for them.

I want to see the time when the Church loses its taxation status and starts paying taxes.

Hopefully this is the last Pope.

P

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kalixi
originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: pheonix358

Well with all due respect I beg to differ:

Three-quarters of offenders may be family members but the pedophile priests attacked
HUNDREDS of children. The hierarchy of the Catholic Church, the nuns that would tend to the children after they were assaulted, they ALL covered up the crime. They shushed it up and moved the priests in question when the rumours surfaced of their crimes. Cardinal Pell himself, was accused by victims of sexual assault during the Royal Commission into Sexual Abuse of Children, of covering up the crimes of pedophile priests in Ballarat. He was found to shift the pedophile priests into another parish to start afresh, inevitably exposing more children to rape and sexual assault.

He was scared #less of returning to Australia to give evidence that he appeared via video-link like a coward.

And yes, there is evidence of his abuse, there are first hand witness statements by other priests and there are the hundreds of survivors who have reported these crimes naming Pell's involvement. There has been hundreds of suicides surrounding this. It destroyed children's lives.

Also, do you honestly think hundreds of people would conspire to makeup graphic accounts of sexual assault by this man to get him in trouble? The Police have stated : There are multiple charges of multiple offences alleged by multiple accusers

You're obviously religious and want to shift blame and deflect the seriousness of Pells alleged actions but you need to admit the culpability of the leaders of the church who covered up, aided and abetted these crimes. If you've been following this as closely as the Australian MSM there'd be no question of his guilt.

Pell is returning to Australia for the court case. Sounds like he isn't as cowardly as you suggest.

As I previously referred to, the suicides due to child abuse have already been proven false.

I will wait to see the outcome of the court case.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Pell is returning to Australia for the court case. Sounds like he isn't as cowardly as you suggest.

One of two things will happen.

1 He gets sick and can't come but magnanimously agrees to using video. or

2 He comes over using his Diplomatic Passport issued by the Vatican.

Australia will not get their hands on him. Oh, there is a third option.

3 He dies suddenly and Australia gets the blame for putting such a sick man on trial.

One of the three. Which one?

P

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

so am I to conclude from your comment...that you're skeptical about priests raping boys ?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: pheonix358

These criminal predators cover up evidence of their crimes and hide their tracks, too, so to blame the church for not outing this guy is unfair.

Um ... OK ... you do know that the church has been covering up for their pedophiles for decades?

That is the real harm. Anyone of their abusers has abused many many children AFTER the church was made aware of their actions. The Church moved the rapists from parish to parish, many times if the heat was strong, they would move them overseas to countries without extradition treatise.

Let alone the response from the Vatican who ordered their Bishops and suchlike to not inform the Police when rapes occurred.

And then there is the rest of the clergy who believe silence is more important than children under their care. These clergy who stand for the teachings of Jesus, prefer instead to honor the church and safeguard their cushy jobs. Excommunication was a real threat to whistle blowers.

P

Who revealed that sexual offenders are protected by the church and what evidence was tendered to support it?

Is the Catholic Church is paying you to deflect for them, or are you paying them in the form of a tithing each month?

There was evidence during the RC that Pell, who was Archbishop, was the one who shifted the pedophile priests around to hide their crimes against children. This was backed up by fellow priests who questioned why Pell was shifting these accused priests. One such witness testified that Pell said "not another one" when he confronted a priest that had a private prayer session with a small boy. The evidence of his involvement in covering up the crimes of pedophile priests were given in hundreds of hours of testimony by hundreds of accusers. Did you pay attention to the RC?

I am not a Roman Catholic. They neither receive any money from me, nor I from them.

I have every confidence that the courts will find the truth and justice will be served.

Until then, innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Pell was well known to have fiddled with kids in the towns he was posted in and at the very least there is a huge amount of easy to obtain evidence that he assisted the catholic church to cover up as much child abuse as possible. He also implemented the cruel "Melbourne Response", to shut people up in the last years of this sort of thing still being able to be covered up.

As you say, he is innocent till proven guilty, but those who already know he is guilty will disagree with that sentiment. He has proved himself guilty already to them and frankly now it all makes a huge amount of sense that he was too 'sick' to return to Australia for the Royal Commission into child abuse.

That whole organization is a corrupt, disgusting, sneaky, deceitful, evil inferno and whether or not this particular devil lives long enough to be prosecuted won't save him from the judgment of his soul. But they will all eventually answer for their actions here in this existence, although it's a pity they all won't burn or hang before that.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:04 AM
link   

a reply to: TobyFlenderson

There are three types in the Catholic Church.

Those who abuse kids.
Those that protect the abusers and cover up the crime
Those who do neither but see nothing, hear nothing and of course, say nothing.

That is how we know the Church is rotten at its core.

P

I'll just bring this to your thread from another thread ......

**TOO LATE**

The 'geni's out of the bottle now and in the open .... people talk, people tell,

people believe....

'High rank/positions no longer protect perv's.

There are no longer any hiding places

edit on 29-6-2017 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

so am I to conclude from your comment...that you're skeptical about priests raping boys ?

No, I am fairly sure that it occurs and where it does, these offenders must be removed from society totally and permanently, to protect us.

But we have a legal system which works at determining the truth and is both fair and impartial. Trial by allegation and press is not it.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

3 He dies suddenly and Australia gets the blame for putting such a sick man on trial.

P

Are you doing the Monty Python 'Spanish Inquisition' sketch?

Of course, Pell could also be abducted by aliens, or spontaneously combust, or be rendered a mental vegetable by a stroke caused by ingesting a house brick, too.

How come the simple option of him coming to clear his name, as he has stated, isn't one of your options?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Many people here are slamming and flaming that bloke called Mohamed because according to a book that was reeddited a couple of times this is the truth cos he married a child.

The Catholic Church (As well as any cult) are guilty....

All religious cults are to blame to begin with when it comes to child abuse....

Bastards...

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

What better position could a perv want to attain .....

The 'perks' of the position with the protection of the establishment.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

As you said, the article that you used as evidence that the Police misrepresented how many CC child sex abuse victims killed themselves, is behind a paywall so I can't review it. There are however, accounts reported in the Media where families have waived their right to anonymity to talk about their loved ones who died as a result of child sex abuse by the church.

I know someone who anonymously told his story to the Royal Commission - the details are horrific to hear and made me sick to my stomach. It was pure evil what two priests did to him and the nuns who covered it up.

You have faith that Pell will return to Australia. I'm not so confident. What I found telling was his statement that he was looking forward to his day in court pending the approval of his medical doctor. He got a sick note from the Vatican doctor to avoid returning to his home country to testify in the Royal Commission. The next day he was sitting in an upmarket Italian restaurant eating a fat steak, fried chips and drinking beer.

He will never return to Australia, just disappear into the opulent ether of Vatican City.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Bloody sickening...

All those cults are guilty... just need to Google sadly...

What better position could a perv want to attain .....

The 'perks' of the position with the protection of the establishment.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

P

4 His death is faked and he lives out his days as a priest in Argentina. Just like Hitler.....er Father Krespi.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

As you said, the article that you used as evidence that the Police misrepresented how many CC child sex abuse victims killed themselves, is behind a paywall so I can't review it. There are however, accounts reported in the Media where families have waived their right to anonymity to talk about their loved ones who died as a result of child sex abuse by the church.

I know someone who anonymously told his story to the Royal Commission - the details are horrific to hear and made me sick to my stomach. It was pure evil what two priests did to him and the nuns who covered it up.

You have faith that Pell will return to Australia. I'm not so confident. What I found telling was his statement that he was looking forward to his day in court pending the approval of his medical doctor. He got a sick note from the Vatican doctor to avoid returning to his home country to testify in the Royal Commission. The next day he was sitting in an upmarket Italian restaurant eating a fat steak, fried chips and drinking beer.

He will never return to Australia, just disappear into the opulent ether of Vatican City.

Italy has extradition laws with Australia. The Vatican doesn't but Pell doesn't live in the Vatican. Now he has been officially charged, I don't think it would be good PR for the Vatican to protect him, especially in an environment of continued accusation and dwindling numbers from Western nations.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

The Vatican doesn't but Pell doesn't live in the Vatican.

He has Diplomatic Immunity. Italy can't arrest him. Neither can Australia. He knows this as do the Australian Government.

P

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Hey does the Pope still have an official FB page that you can comment on?

I may be blocked on that page because I can't find it anywhere

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
What can diplomatic immunity buy ?
edit on 29-6-2017 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ZIPMATT

It will be interesting to see if the 3rd. highest ranking member of the Catholic Church will go to trial.

The previous highest ordained to go to trial was a Bishop.

I tend to think this will fizzle ... I do however hope that justice will be done.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZIPMATT

keep an eye on these matters : are there charges being overlooked

You can bet your bottom dollar that whatever charges are made ...it will only

be the tip of the iceberg ..... and it may be a case of sacrificing *one* to save

others higher up the chain

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join