It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pell charged over historical sex offences

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
LINKY

This is all over the Aussie media.

George Pell has finally been charged with historic abuse of children.

Cardinal George Pell has been charged on summons with multiple, historical sexual assault offences. Victoria Police say 76-year-old Catholic cleric will appear in Melbourne Magistrates Court on July 18 for a filing hearing. Cardinal Pell, the Vatican's finance chief, has repeatedly denied allegations of sexual assault dating back to his time as a Ballarat priest and as Archbishop of Melbourne.

Try to remember that the guy is presumed innocent until proven otherwise.

I do not believe that he will attend court. He gets sick every time he is asked to return here. He has Diplomatic Status and lives in the Vatican.

One of the highest ranking churchmen to be so charged. It will be very enlightening to see the Pope's response.

P

edit on 28/6/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Vatican will protect the sicko. Thats how they roll.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This was posted already then removed. So, what gives mods?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The exact reason I was driven from the Catholic Church. I used to think that it was just a few rotten apples. Then I learned that one of the first priests convicted in the Boston area was actually a founding member of NAMBLA, the North American Man Boy Love Association. He actually organized and ran a convention in the area for these pervs. The Cardinal of the Boston Archdiocese at the time was Bernard Law. (Now known as Bernie the Pimp). Law knew about this monster and continued to move him from parish to parish with no concern for the victims. When this all came out, Bernie Law was promoted to a cushy position in Rome.

There are 2 types of people in the world: those who believe sex with children is morally wrong and those that don't. The Catholic Church as an organization fall into the latter category.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: 67Camino

Vatican will protect the sicko. Thats how they roll.

I know people feel this way and I agree but :-

He is innocent until proven guilty and that is the way it should be.

The Victorian Police have been very careful in investigating the manner and now, after considerable time, they have laid the charges. They would not have done so if the evidence was sketchy.

P

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

There are three types in the Catholic Church.

Those who abuse kids.
Those that protect the abusers and cover up the crime
Those who do neither but see nothing, hear nothing and of course, say nothing.

That is how we know the Church is rotten at its core.

P

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I agree, though I feel awfully bad for some of the older parishioners, like my mother, who just can't bear to see the truth.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   
It is time the Parishioners voted with their feet.

Walk away from this paedophile playground operating under the guise of being a religion of god.

Do not condone this religion of kiddy fiddlers.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
It is time the Parishioners voted with their feet.

Walk away from this paedophile playground operating under the guise of being a religion of god.

Do not condone this religion of kiddy fiddlers.

Well yes, but there are available excuses.

It was the era.

It happened years ago.

It was the 60s, the sexual revolution, Priests and Nuns were not ready for it.

Even now, it is played down by the clergy, including the Pope.

Numbers are dropping, from 25.3% in 2011 to 22.6% in 2016. More though, numbers of active Catholics, that is, those that attend church has been declining and thus, the amount of money collected has also dwindled ... to be picked up by increased Government funding.

P

edit on 28/6/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
If the dude is innocent then his holy behind better be placed on that chair July 18th. If not, he is what we think he is and will forever be.
edit on 28-6-2017 by ConscienceZombie because: silly little typos

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   
The Catholic Church is the worlds oldest Monarchy. The CIA has nothing on The Holy See when it comes to deception and treachery. Centuries ago, they twisted faith into a system of government and commerce; the opulence of Vatican City is a testament to their greed and corruption.

I was raised Catholic. I was taught that the Pope is essentially Christ on Earth. I am pretty sure Christ would not pardon pedophiles in His house. I feel certain that Christ would not have sanctioned any of the millions of murders carried out in His name.

The Vatican has been a den of thieves for centuries.
edit on 28-6-2017 by madmac5150 because: My cat made me

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: madmac5150

I agree.

I wish 'The Faithful' would wake the hell up!

Even so, the Church would survive. Its hidden wealth is enormous.

P

edit on 29/6/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   

I certainly hope they prosecute to the full extent of the law, but it wasn't the Roman Catholic Church that committed the crime. To accuse them, as a lot seem to be doing, is a misallocation of blame.

Most of you on ATS decry the MSM and yet here you are getting yourself all worked up over something inflammatory and unproven.

According to Australian Institute of Criminology figures, three quarters of all convicted paedophiles are relatives, neighbours or close friends. No-one here seems to be upset at the significant majority of family member rapists and abusers of children who are equally as culpable as this guy (if he is guilty).

These criminal predators cover up evidence of their crimes and hide their tracks, too, so to blame the church for not outing this guy is unfair.

And someone in the public eye could easily be accused by just about anyone and it is decried by many without any actual evidence whatsoever.

I certainly hope that the Pope throws this guy under the bus if there is a conviction.

I also hope that the accusers are prosecuted if he is found not guilty (but how likely is that to happen?).

Until there is proof of guilt, our legal system says we must assume innocence. It's nothing to do with the church or religious dogma - it is a matter of law, justice and fair trial.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

These criminal predators cover up evidence of their crimes and hide their tracks, too, so to blame the church for not outing this guy is unfair.

Um ... OK ... you do know that the church has been covering up for their pedophiles for decades?

That is the real harm. Anyone of their abusers has abused many many children AFTER the church was made aware of their actions. The Church moved the rapists from parish to parish, many times if the heat was strong, they would move them overseas to countries without extradition treatise.

Let alone the response from the Vatican who ordered their Bishops and suchlike to not inform the Police when rapes occurred.

And then there is the rest of the clergy who believe silence is more important than children under their care. These clergy who stand for the teachings of Jesus, prefer instead to honor the church and safeguard their cushy jobs. Excommunication was a real threat to whistle blowers.

P

edit on 29/6/2017 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

Um ... OK ... you do know that the church has been covering up for their pedophiles for decades?

That is the real harm. Anyone of their abusers has abused many many children AFTER the church was made aware of their actions. The Church moved the rapists from parish to parish, many times if the heat was strong, they would move them overseas to countries without extradition treatise.

Let alone the response from the Vatican who ordered their Bishops and suchlike to not inform the Police when rapes occurred.

And then there is the rest of the clergy who believe silence is more important than children under their care. These clergy who stand for the teachings of Jesus, prefer instead to honor the church and safeguard their cushy jobs. Excommunication was a real threat to whistle blowers.

P

Who revealed that sexual offenders are protected by the church and what evidence was tendered to support it?

The initial accusations by the Chief Commissioner of the Victorian Police (the same ones involved in bringing charges in this case) in 2012, said that over 40 suicides had occurred due to abuse by priests in the Melbourne Diocese, were investigated and found false ('The Australian' newspaper ran an article; "Victoria Police in false claim of child-abuse suicides" on July 25, 2015 but I can't link to it because it is now behind a paywall).

Perhaps the Catholic church is merely trying to defend themselves against false accusations and this is being deliberately misinterpreted to the press by those who have an agenda, and a proven history, to falsely accuse the church, and who themselves feel they are above the law?

Nonetheless, innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:04 AM
link   

I'd like to see the Pope's reaction as well. I'm tired of hearing about this stuff, it's disturbing.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
originally posted by: chr0naut

Well with all due respect I beg to differ:

Three-quarters of offenders may be family members but the pedophile priests attacked
HUNDREDS of children. The hierarchy of the Catholic Church, the nuns that would tend to the children after they were assaulted, they ALL covered up the crime. They shushed it up and moved the priests in question when the rumours surfaced of their crimes. Cardinal Pell himself, was accused by victims of sexual assault during the Royal Commission into Sexual Abuse of Children, of covering up the crimes of pedophile priests in Ballarat. He was found to shift the pedophile priests into another parish to start afresh, inevitably exposing more children to rape and sexual assault.

He was scared #less of returning to Australia to give evidence that he appeared via video-link like a coward.

And yes, there is evidence of his abuse, there are first hand witness statements by other priests and there are the hundreds of survivors who have reported these crimes naming Pell's involvement. There has been hundreds of suicides surrounding this. It destroyed children's lives.

Also, do you honestly think hundreds of people would conspire to makeup graphic accounts of sexual assault by this man to get him in trouble? The Police have stated : There are multiple charges of multiple offences alleged by multiple accusers

You're obviously religious and want to shift blame and deflect the seriousness of Pells alleged actions but you need to admit the culpability of the leaders of the church who covered up, aided and abetted these crimes. If you've been following this as closely as the Australian MSM there'd be no question of his guilt.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: pheonix358

P

Who revealed that sexual offenders are protected by the church and what evidence was tendered to support it?

Is the Catholic Church is paying you to deflect for them, or are you paying them in the form of a tithing each month?

There was evidence during the RC that Pell, who was Archbishop, was the one who shifted the pedophile priests around to hide their crimes against children. This was backed up by fellow priests who questioned why Pell was shifting these accused priests. One such witness testified that Pell said "not another one" when he confronted a priest that had a private prayer session with a small boy. The evidence of his involvement in covering up the crimes of pedophile priests were given in hundreds of hours of testimony by hundreds of accusers. Did you pay attention to the RC?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

North American Man Boy Love Association

What

the

hell ????

Man boy...love....association ??? Is this...a joke ?

Jesus H.

edit:

ok..looked it up...

The North American Man/Boy Love Association (NAMBLA) is a pedophile and pederasty advocacy organization in the United States. It works to abolish age-of-consent laws criminalizing adult sexual involvement with minors[2][3] and campaigns for the release of men who have been jailed for sexual contacts with minors that did not involve coercion.[2][4] The group no longer holds regular national meetings, and as of the late 1990s—to avoid local police infiltration—the organization discouraged the formation of local chapters.[4][5] Around 1995, an undercover detective discovered there were 1,100 people on the organization's rolls.[4] In 1997, NAMBLA was the largest group in IPCE, an international pro-pedophile activist organization.[6] Since then, the organization has dwindled to only a handful of people, with many members joining online pedophile networks such as DanPedo, BoyChat, and Annabelleigh, according to Xavier Von Erck, director of operations at the anti-pedophile organization Perverted-Justice.[7] As of 2005, a newspaper report stated that NAMBLA was based in New York and San Francisco.[4]

Unbelievable.

edit on 29-6-2017 by MarioOnTheFly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Unfortunately it's real. Thank God Liberalism as we know it is DYING!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join