It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sharyl Attkisson says Well-Funded Actors' Manipulate News

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Sharyl Attkisson is one of the very few honest journalists alive.

She holds herself to high standards, and has been a victim of government spying.

She was on FoxNews, and said some very revealing things about the MSM in general and how they "operate" to manipulate public opinion.

The "Deep State" and "TPTB" are getting exposed more than any conspiracy theorist ever thought possible.

Sharyl Attkisson: 'Well-Funded Actors' Manipulate News and the Way We Think

Investigative journalist Sharyl Attkisson slammed what she called "transactional journalism," calling it "wholly inappropriate."

"Transactional journalism" refers to inappropriate dealings behind the scenes some journalists have with political actors, the television host and author of the new book The Smear said.

"Virtually every image you run across, whether it is in the news or on social media or elsewhere, even on comedy shows is being put there, [the players I interviewed in the 'smear universe'] say, for a purpose by somebody who wants you to think something that may not necessarily be a consensus at all, or may not even be true," Attkisson told host Shannon Bream.

"Well-funded actors" with "fake accounts" on social media and "a ton of money" use them to manipulate how we think, Attkisson said.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I love this woman. One of the few honest journalists in the US. She also informed us about "astrotrufing', which is supposed grassroots uprisings that are paid for by the gov or NGO's.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Nice story, hope she makes millions on her book.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You heard it here 1st folks:
All this 2nd rate journalism by the 4th estate is actually a 5th column movement.
My sixth sense affirms it.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

hahaha! Have a star.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Every time an additional TRUTH comes out about how dirty the MSM is, the more impressive President Trump's victory is.

Nancy Pelosi had a lot of nerve declaring that GOD is against the Republicans today, when Republicans consistently overcome the huge hurdles that the Democratic media and political machine throw at them!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

one of the few journalist i pay any real attention to.
i like to watch Full Measure on sunday mornings

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

What a 3rd rate post.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

This I believe is the truth and I'm far from surprised that this is being leaked out now. No one felt safe enough to say anything before when the bullies on the block ruled over everything. Now we're finally getting a break to be able to just breathe a little.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

What a 3rd rate post.

Touche!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

It should be obvious by now.

Anyone paying attention to what's going on would see that the message being disseminated by MSM is largely out of touch with the average American.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Oh no - you've got it all wrong - EVERYTHING she said, EVERYTHING, was 'heavily edited' - she didn't say any of that which is claimed.

It's all lies, I shall proceed to CNN to see if they are discussing this, if not, then it's lies.

All lies I tell you.

Lies.

Gimme play-doh.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

I just heard some truth. I feel almost dumbfounded by it.. You can say the truth still?

Refreshing..

And lets not forget reverbs trained around psy ops guys so this very topic is something i think about all the time.

Start sourcing everything. If i cant source it i wont trust it.. and remember what she says about "grass roots movements" and images, or also memes..

People are creating things that jack into your brain so its easy for you to follow.

Ive never been good at following.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
They get millions to tell us whatever the company paying them says.

Reminds me of Dirty Laundry by Don Henley:
"well I coulda been an actor but i would up here, i just have to look good I don't have to speak clear"
"we need dirty laundry".

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Glad people are slowly waking up to this.

The masses need to learn to dissect the news and media at school. I believe most people can't tell when a story is newsworthy or when it is content paid for by a company to promote their new product etc.

There were job advertisements listed on Craigslist offering paid protest positions to work for the Hillary campaign during the election. In black PR this is called a rent-a-crowd. In fact most of that campaign was of interest to PR professionals:

Astroturf = fake grass-roots group such as getup.org
stone walling = delay or obstruct (a request, process, or person) by refusing to answer questions or by being evasive = "I don't recall"

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

What a 3rd rate post.

Seconded.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Oh no - you've got it all wrong - EVERYTHING she said, EVERYTHING, was 'heavily edited' - she didn't say any of that which is claimed.

It's all lies, I shall proceed to CNN to see if they are discussing this, if not, then it's lies.

All lies I tell you.

Lies.

Gimme play-doh.

Wise , as remember only CNN can interpret this stuff.. you are not allowed.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Is that a third person perspective?a reply to: Asktheanimals

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I too am a fan of Sharyl. I watch her show every week, Full Measure.

It has reached the point that what Casey of CIA said all those years ago, when everything the American people believe is false, we will know our misinformation efforts have succeeded. The mainstream media is a critical part of that misinformation. Not just the stories they print, but also the stories and facts they omit and do not cover.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
You mean to tell me that every thing Mr Crui** says is not true.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join