It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dow chemical restrictions!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
So here's my rant, the new conservative admin. Is blowing off regulations on Dow chemical, much the same as the old administration did with Monsanto allowing more poisoning of our people without regard to public safety with little oversight and less concern for public health than before. Does anybody see how flagrant this jackass
is with your health?
edit on 28-6-2017 by twohawks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: twohawks

Perhaps an example of a reg that is sh-canned and what you think it will do?

And I think regs on these companies are an important part of safety and responsibility.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Perhaps an example of a reg that is sh-canned and what you think it will do?

And I think regs on these companies are an important part of safety and responsibility.
I'm all for the regs on these companies, they have proven themselves to be irresponsible when it comes to the safety of others. We're on the same page

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Do you have an example of a threatening reg that is going to be lifted?

Any reg being done away with is not going to lead to job growth, it will just increase profits.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
Thats not true. If they lift the regulaions on new oil refinerie, then new refineries would be built by default. Therefore more jobs.
If they would lose Federal regulations on endangered species on land that is on the route for an infrastructure project, such as a pipeline or hydroelectric dam, it could get built and jobs created. Mining and such same thing applies.

The only environmental regulations that I feel necessary are for air and water quality safety. Otherwise, damn an endangered turtle or bird. If there are still millions of turtles on Earth, I don't think it matter much if one flavor of turtle with a special design found in one place really frigging matters. Same goes for anything else that still has millions of other animals within its class.

Let it go extinct, its clearly not fit for survival anyways!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: seasonal
Thats not true. If they lift the regulaions on new oil refinerie, then new refineries would be built by default. Therefore more jobs.
If they would lose Federal regulations on endangered species on land that is on the route for an infrastructure project, such as a pipeline or hydroelectric dam, it could get built and jobs created. Mining and such same thing applies.

The only environmental regulations that I feel necessary are for air and water quality safety. Otherwise, damn an endangered turtle or bird. If there are still millions of turtles on Earth, I don't think it matter much if one flavor of turtle with a special design found in one place really frigging matters. Same goes for anything else that still has millions of other animals within its class.

The government really doesn't do much for endangered species, and what it does for them is create jobs (for example, allowing a wetland to be buried to build a walmart, only if another "comparable" wetland (which means large, shoddy drainage area, you see them all the time near walmart parking lots, right?) is built to "replace" it (kind of like replacing a ming dynasty vase with your kids school art project). The regulations only kind-of protect the air and water, in that they provide tiny fines that slap the wrist of offenders.

Look up superfund sites near your area just to get an idea of how polluted your area is. If you drove around my meighborhood, you would think it was pristine, it's gorgeous, but there's a brain cancer cluster from a chemical plant about 15 miles away and at least 2 superfund sites (not related to the cancer cluster) within 40 miles, just off the top of my head.
edit on 28-6-2017 by anotheramethyst because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   

The main job of any government is to protect the people. The Western Gov't's as a whole have replaced this requirement with the protection of corporate profit margins. It is not capitalism that is killing the free world, it is the monetization of politics, pure and simple.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

The main job of any government is to protect the people. The Western Gov't's as a whole have replaced this requirement with the protection of corporate profit margins. It is not capitalism that is killing the free world, it is the monetization of politics, pure and simple.

So , the OP doesnt show up to give an example of a regulation being removed. You seem to agree with the OP. Whats your story ? Got one ? Or just hate America ?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Otherwise, damn an endangered turtle or bird. If there are still millions of turtles on Earth, I don't think it matter much if one flavor of turtle with a special design found in one place really frigging matters. Same goes for anything else that still has millions of other animals within its class.

That attitude is the reason why the ecosystem is in danger.

You do know that alot of endangered species are endangered because of human individuals who don't care about the biosphere and who think that water and air quality are the only thing that needs concern?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I don't hate America, I love it. However, I feel that the House and Senate are full of money grubbing whores who care little to nothing about their own constituents.

new topics

top topics

join