It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Cambodia confirms its first bird flu death, new outbreak

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Officials at the Cambodian health ministry has confirmed that it has had its first death from the bird flu. Prior to this announcement that government had considered he death suspect, but not confirmed. In addition a new outbreak of the disease has now been reported in a village outside the capital of Phnom Penh.

story.news.yahoo.com[/url ]
PHNOM PENH (AFP) - Cambodia's health ministry confirmed that a woman who died last week was the country's first bird flu victim while a new outbreak of the disease was reported in a village outside Phnom Penh, officials said.

The 25-year-old Cambodian woman died last week in neighbouring Vietnam.

"We recognize that the women died of bird flu, and we also recognize that it is the first case to happen in Cambodia," the head of the health ministry's infectious disease department, Ly Sovann, told AFP.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

This disease is beginning to get a bit a scary. This disease is jumping to humans pretty quickly and if allowed to spread out of control it will make SARS seem like a day on the beach. Again I wonder why we have not seen this outbreak until recently and I wonder if this is a bio warfare experiment gone bad.

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
NEWS: Bird Flu Kills Vietnam Girl, Possible Cambodia Case
NEWS: Vietnam officially confirms two children died from bird flu: Update: Vietnam reports 11th vict

[edit on 2/6/05 by FredT]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It is getting scary indeed. Experts have stated that we have been overdue for a Pandemic for quite some time now. I also think it is not above any govt. including our own to have their hands in something such as this. In this day and age, it is entirely possible that this issue could be looked at as being manmade. There are many groups within the world that would love to see something like this come about on the world stage to advance ( their cause or agenda) Asia has had a few of these smaller outbrakes in the recent past, and one would wonder why there has been little if any intervention by the larger more developed countries, simply because they would have much more to lose. I can't put my finger on the article I read about three weeks ago but, it stated if the virus was able to get a good start, it could well take out worldwide 20 million people. In my opinion, our country would be more than overwhelmed if it were to get a good hold here in the states. I have noticed since 9/11, we have heard very little if any news, plans to cope with such a dangerous and deadly virus. Monsanto Corp. is probaly sitting back all pissed because it would be 20 mil.+ that would be unable to consume the genetically eneg. foods. About all anyone can do is make sure they have their shots and health up to date.

new topics

join