It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How does a member get access to the DISC forum?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I saw wondering how because i tryed to get in but it said " You dont have access to this forum". I looked in the member store to see if I could buy access but its not there. I sure you dont have to be a mod to get it so, how could I get in?

[edit on 6-2-2005 by beyondSciFi]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Good question, I was wondering that myself. DISC and the CATS (Cosmis Above Top Secret). If I click on the link, nothing comes up.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I believe you need to be invited.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
well I could tell you but then Pixy will get another beating.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron
well I could tell you but then Pixy will get another beating.

I'm sorry, that wasn't quite cryptic enough. Please obscure your meaning.

EDIT: Besides, i've been reading Pisky's ATS story. There is no way you could beat him up. He'd run you up the flagpole by your nads just like he did to Tony Blair.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

How would one get invited?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 02:49 PM
link   

link   

Originally posted by beyondSciFi

Originally posted by kinglizard

How would one get invited?

..it's just like prison my friend, you gotta 'toss the salad'

hehe

link   
Doesnt asking to be invited defeat the purpose?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yes it defeats the purpose. Maybe we'll start a "Deny Ignorance Good ol' Boys Club" where everyone can just chime in and join and be one of the gang. People need to realize that all of these cute little "status symbols" represent commitment. It takes a lot of time to make a good contribution as a scholar, moderator, reporter, etc. I'm sure DISC is the same way.

The best status symbol in my mind is just the way that other respectable members respond to me. If I'm well informed on issues and reasonable in my presenation of opinions then what I say will have weight. If a respectable member who isn't on DISC has a great idea and puts it out there it will be popular and DISC will probably look at it.
But then on the otherhand I could be off my rocker part of the time, so why should I presume to ask for a place ond DISC, only to be laughed at when somebody says "that crazy freak vagabond thinks he's DISC material???"

Last but not least for the ambitious out there- find anyone who has been a moderator anywhere and ask them if its all glory and righteousness. I've never been disagreed with or argued with so much in my life as when I was a moderator at a site called anarchyink. I still go there from time to time- just the other day I got it with both barrels from some guy who thought I was a fascist for censoring his barrage of slurs and rhetoric against homosexuals.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Vagabond
Last but not least for the ambitious out there- find anyone who has been a moderator anywhere and ask them if its all glory and righteousness. I've never been disagreed with or argued with so much in my life as when I was a moderator at a site called anarchyink.

Lordy do I know that feeling well. I was a moderator on a somewhat large site (1500 members) called Indigo Adults and it seemed everyday was spent trying to herd cats. You point out the rules and they want to argue them, you point out the charter and they want to argue it, you point out that your banning their a$$ cause your sick of arguing with them and they STILL want to argue with you.

It would have to someplace incredibly special before i'll EVER take on the job of moderator again. They have my deepest sympathies and respect.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
If you are called to DISC then you will be called....but if not....tough

My invite's in the post apparntly...but they said that 2 months ago

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Last but not least for the ambitious out there- find anyone who has been a moderator anywhere and ask them if its all glory and righteousness.

Off topic, but too amusingly coincidental to pass up.
I just posted this blog thing like 2 hours ago on that very topic.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
So no hope for the average joe to get into DISC or to become a mod... bah

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   

They let me in.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

They let me in.

and me
SpittinCobra now they will probably boot us out for telling

[edit on 6/2/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Whats your definition of Average?

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Ok Ok Ok... everybody listen up. I have an announcement to make. beyondSciFi's insightful posts and his passion for becoming a mod have prompted a minor deviation from normal policy.
Instead of waiting for anybody to recognize any reason why he should be a mod, I'm just going to make him one.

He is an honorary mod and as the title suggests this will be working on the honor system. If you recieving a warning U2U from BeyondSciFi you will abstain from posting for 24 hours or your integrity will be smeared beyond repair. You may now begin to sing him the four-lettered serenade which all true moderators must hear daily.

EDIT: and as dreamland mafia asks... what is average? I'm getting up around 1500 posts and have a nice rosy applause bar, and if you exclude lurkers who don't talk to much I'd say that's about average for the "core" of ATS membership. I don't even think that I have any business being a mod (mainly because I'm too fiesty) so if the average joe is a guy who showed up a couple months ago and is used to being rapidly successful in everything he does.... no he hasn't got a shot in hell.

Like i've said, the people with cute titles under their names have put in god knows how many hours to get them. It's a wonder some of us aren't in therapy to cure our ATS addictions.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by The Vagabond]

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

He is an honorary mod and as the title suggests this will be working on the honor system. If you recieving a warning U2U from BeyondSciFi you will abstain from posting for 24 hours or your integrity will be smeared beyond repair. You may now begin to sing him the four-lettered serenade which all true moderators must hear daily.

Im sure that is going to happen.

posted on Feb, 6 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sauron

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

They let me in.

and me
SpittinCobra now they will probably boot us out for telling

[edit on 6/2/2005 by Sauron]

Well you know, it is what it is.

I think it can be knowen we are members, we just cant tell the secrets.

[edit on 6-2-2005 by SpittinCobra]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join