It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we could be doing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Heyo,

With all the events going on lately in the world, the grand scope of things can be lost on us as we clamp down on the meat of here and now.

I think its important to remember the rest of our potential and purpose.

What we could be doing:

A World bunker. Seriously, where are we going to go? We cant just dig together and get a safe little "oh crap natural catastrophes are humbling" shelters built for at least 100,000 people in first world nations? Start there.

Archive library of HereNowLandia. Genetic, seed vault, long term information storage for all human progress, safe from 200 year cycles of solar flare death sentences and material decay.

A freaking colony. Anywhere. We need to establish one. ONE. It doesnt matter if its underwater, on the moon, the arctic...., choose.

When the hell are we going to start developing the technology to build habitats on a large scale? We dont even have all the initial technologies others can sprout from in new meaningful strides of progress.

The singularity. I swear to god if it was more hype techno babel and nothing happens like the worlds fair and the world of tomorrow BS, I am going to join Cobra and see someone take over the world or Nicola Tesla the crap out of it FFS.

Build a space corps of engineers academy at the UN and fill it with people taken from world talent. Attract gifted individuals away from ONLY defense careers.

Make their aim at building an entire space born construction industry ahead of the push into deeper space.

They could undertake big projects like orbital debris cleanup; Satellite maintenance, construction and disposal; Space station construction and maintenance; Scientific and exploratory mission support for all space agencies.

The list goes on. It would lessen the cost and give someone a hell of a lead.

Just some thoughts.

Lets try to be awesome. How ever we can.

edit on 6 28 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Some great ideas here tadaman. But it's almost as if humans love going at each others' throats based on their political affiliation just a little too much to cooperate on anything whatsoever

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Those things you speak of, they have been achieved, but it is not for us, our job is to obey, reproduce, die, repeat.

But a nice thought anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Best if some humans were off planet, whether on the moon, or just in some very large self sufficient space stations orbiting the Earth.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

A world-wide ceasefire as a global event and international festival. Give 'em all a year or two to plan it out and make sure every nation and region knows about it. Something like seven days of military stand-downs across the planet. Yeah, it's naive and, I know, it's dangerous and high risk. It'd still be pretty cool and historic to make the effort and see what happens.

God damn!! I'm too pragmatic to believe my own dreams lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

3 words

Sociopaths - false flags

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Are you in the military, wasn't that your goal. War's a big project and that's where we're headed....
The signs are all around you. Get ready....feel proud that America is a warrior nation, It will be Glorious!....believe me!
edit on 28-6-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
We stage a coup de tat against the ruling class, redefine the justice system, enforce laws from a virtuous and moral point of view, weed out corruption at all levels, divide up the natural resources equally, don't tolerate greediness, make a colony underground. Time capsules of how life is here.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Too many people around here like the grasshopper...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The big reason I came to ATS is because I thought we had already colonized other planets, especially for the Bilderbergs, Illuminati, Rothschilds, etc. Are you telling me we didn't? I thought we had solved all those little problems for space travel and human life. Disappointed.

I thought aliens had shared all their science and time traveling secrets and we were ready to enter the universe.

Now I don't know what to think. And have a lot of worrying to do. Someone's not been telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
You can forget about space, because outside of the magnetosphere , your brain and body don't work . Neither do mine .

I like the worldwide ceasefire idea .

When the neolithic age kicked off human history , it was agriculture which changed first , which enabled various progression , such as the making of tables , storebarns , etc and trade occured .

We know how to do agriculture properly now , and something called permanent agriculture is the type of agriculture we need , and we could be doing it . What's to say there is not a new age afoot ? Everyone has got to eat , and if those systems supplying that basic need change then consequently many things could change for the better

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Give Swanne's thread a look: Worldwide Mutual Respect thread - the Stall.

There are some good ideas there. Vertical farming seems a no-brainer.

The "upcycling" idea started to form between there and another one I had done about energy production where the waste product was used to create another product with value. Instead of recycling something you make two (or more) things of value in one production step you are already doing.

A good read here at phys.org about some things that are actually happening to address the CO2 production build up: Teaming nature and technology for climate solutions.

These are not some sci-fi ideas! I said on another thread: We should make our own civilian "Starfleet Academy". Keeps out of military's hands.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

My thoughts exactly FamCore. We need to solve the issues of our society before we think about propogating that society.

top topics

join