It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seymour Hersch reveals Trump bombed Syria despite knowing they didn’t use chemical weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
www.welt.de...-problem.html?wtmc=socialmedia.facebook.shared.web
LINK

Hersh presents a picture of Trump as a reactionary and narcissistic watcher of television news, anxiously awaiting the ability to be seen as a hero or at least the focus of attention. He writes essentially that Trump saw reports of the deaths of civilians in Khan Sheikhoun and made the decision right then and there to bomb Syria, a decision he stuck to even after all the intelligence surrounding the chemical attack had been shown to him and it was demonstrated that the Syrian government did not use chemical weapons. According to Hersh, the intelligence community, the military, and national security team were all frightened that the reckless Trump would push us into World War Three and thus sought to guide him into launching an attack that showed force but wasn’t enough to actually create the pretext for Armageddon. Hersh paints a picture that shows a military and intelligence community telling the Russians before the missiles were launched so that a confrontation could be avoided.

I guess Putin in the end might even miss Hillary Clinton

“It was a totally Trump show from beginning to end,” the senior adviser said. “A few of the president’s senior national security advisers viewed the mission as a minimized bad presidential decision, and one that they had an obligation to carry out. But I don’t think our national security people are going to allow themselves to be hustled into a bad decision again. If Trump had gone for option three, there might have been some immediate resignations.”

So the bombing was a Trump show. He was advised that they had absolutely no evidence that Syria did a chemical attack yet Trump bombed them anyway

Please read article for the rest...very good and very shocking
LINK

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Raytheon who manufactures the 59 Tomahawk Missiles used in the US Strike had it's stock value increase by $5 billion after the attack

SOURCE

Someone was very happy about that I'm sure.

edit on 28-6-2017 by FamCore because: added link

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
We already knew this.

Well I certainly didn't need Seymour Hersch to tell me, anyways.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
It worked for a little while.

CNN’s Fareed Zakaria was perhaps the most fawning on-air pundit. He declared that “Donald Trump became the President of the United States,” calling it a “big moment.” He lavished Trump with praise for recognizing the importance of international norms and embracing a “broader moral and political purpose.”

Link

It makes me shudder to think the president would order somewhere to be bombed for the political capital it provides. And raises the question in my mind if whether or not he may start a war to win the next election.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Let's see how long will Trump last when body bags started filing up.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It was the day that Trump became another puppet president.

.... If indeed he wasn't already.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: underwerks

Let's see how long will Trump last when body bags started filing up.

I doubt a lot of his die hards would care. In this country, the poor are indoctrinated to believe it's a noble thing to die for the rich.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well considering everyone has had a hard on for unloading munitions in Syria, I guess everyone is freaking happy now.

The rebels, the rebel rebels, ISIS sissy girls, Terrorists everywhere and scum bags galore.

Just stop.

Build a freaking space ship or something.

edit on 6 28 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So isn't Hershey claiming Obama had no evidence that Syria used chemical weapons as well?

The hypocritcal feigned outrage on display here is hilarious but not unexpected.
edit on 28-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

how exactly did all the news media get told that Assad had gassed his own people, and how did the IC know the "truth", yet the people weren't told any different?

I do realize that most of us have seen the writing on the wall with Syria for some time (long before Trump even decided to run) and realize that most things that seem like a false flag likely will be as a pretext to aggression.

Obama tried several times to get enough dirt to stick to the wall with regards to Syria. This was a plan for a while and has to do with Oil and a pipeline. It's cute to try to blame this on Trump, but reality is a different beast.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good call anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Raytheon who manufactures the 59 Tomahawk Missiles used in the US Strike had it's stock value increase by $5 billion after the attack

SOURCE

Someone was very happy about that I'm sure.

The entire Stock Market went up . And Raytheon makes an awful lot more than Cruise Missiles (actually , I dont think they make the missile)
Deny Ignorance

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Thank you for the the uplifting "spoof of the day" thread.
You dont get out much , do ya ?
Else you may have known even the Russians have said Assad did . In fact , named the weapon type
And who the HELL is Seymour Hersch and why the HELL should I care ?
Deny ignorance

edit on 6/28/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
We already knew this.

Well I certainly didn't need Seymour Hersch to tell me, anyways.

Good for you, but maybe some don't know or don't want to know, and a lot of people need reminding and confirmation.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Thank you for the the uplifting "spoof of the day" thread.
You dont get out much , do ya ?
Else you may have known even the Russians have said Assad did . In fact , named the weapon type
And who the HELL is Seymour Hersch and why the HELL should I care ?
Deny ignorance

And who the HELL is Seymour Hersch?

Just probably the greatest journalist in America!

Or didn't you know. A man that busts his balls to get the truth out

How Seymour Hersh Became One Of Today’s Greatest, Most Controversial Journalists
edit on 28-6-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this sort of crap didn't start with Trump, and it won't end with him.

We invaded Iraq knowing full well that the claims of them having chemical weapons were probably false.

We conducted drone strikes all throughout the Obama years, killing far more innocent civilians than we did terrorists -- and recruiting far more terrorists than we killed.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

So ignore the information and deflect to Obama. Wish I could say I'm surprised but it's to be expected at this point.

edit on 6/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion

Already posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Good call anyway.

thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join