It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Veritas: American Pravda: CNN Part 2

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: facedye
a reply to: proximo

who cares if he changed his mind in private? his public and professionally stated opinion is why this is important regardless of the time frame.

No it isn't - time frame is everything.

Otherwise you are saying people are never allowed to change their mind on a subject, and that is provably false.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

i don't think you understand my point.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: facedye

I think you should check your attitude and your entitlement. There's threads on that topic if you would like to go discuss it.

i've read those threads. i know what they're about. you're the one that brought it up in *THIS* thread, and you're refusing to make yourself accountable for what you just said.

and i'm the one that has to check my attitude? no, based on the above, i absolutely don't.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Dayum. Van Jones on film stating a truth. I never thought I'd see the day.

Now I truly believe in the space/time paradox and the timeline shift we are going through . Nothing else would be a logical , sane explanation

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: facedye

Would CNN coming after them with a lawsuit make you think any less of them?

Yes. if CNN brings a lawsuit against PV over this and wins, proving that PV undoubtedly twisted around the words of CNN's employees, i would absolutely denounce and criticize PV for the rest of my days.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, in that video he is hardly saying he believes in the Russia narrative - in fact he says if Trump is right that their is nothing why was he firing comey for the Russia investigation.

Actually this is kind of a fair point. Trump never should have said that - he could have said I fired him because he would not announce I was not under investigation - which is what I think he meant - and a hell of a lot more descriptive and defensible.

I don't see this video showing him contradicting his opinion it is a nothingburger. Look I hate CNN and know they promote fake news - but I need more evidence than this to say he is lying to the public.

I mean what do you expect him to do - CNN asks him to be on a panel for Russia stories - He has three choices, one refuse to do the panels and risk being fired, two basically say whatever management wants him to say to push the Russia narrative, or three do what it looks like he did here - not contradict the story or support it, but point out stuff Trump did wrong in the handling of it.
edit on 28-6-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Isn't it great when you have actual proof, which you can investigate on your own?

You know, as time goes by, I can't help but be more and more convinced in that old saying, which states that if the aliens were to land in front of the white house, some people would not believe it.

For many of us, it's been clear since the beginning, that this whole Trump-Russia narrative, is a big, fat lie, with no concrete evidence to support it. In just two days, there has been more evidence supporting our claim that there's witch hunt on Trump done by the deep state, than those pushing the ridiculous and false, Trump-Russia narrative has ever presented.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

him going along with a narrative he does not agree with is more than enough proof to show the level of dishonesty he's willing to engage in to keep his job.

come on man. don't make him out to be a victim.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

a reply to: underwerks

Forget about this video.

Why did CNN not claim the video yesterday was out of context?

Because it probably wasn't. It was an opinion. As I stated about 400 times in the thread from yesterday.

Ok so f that one was true, maybe we should hesitate to disregard this one for "colorful editing"

I am not saying we shouldn't be skeptical, but you seem to have made up your mind already.

One video that may be in context doesn't validate anything else they do, when their history is checkered with lies and deceit.

I guess you shouldn't make your mind up on CNN, either huh? I mean, they get something right every now and then, never mind what they've done in the past..

I'm not saying veritas is right in that video, just using it as an example. Because even with the first video maybe being in context, it's still being promoted as something it isn't.

First off I never discredit somethig just becaue of the source.

However, the credibility of the source does weigh into my judgement.

For example, I know that CNN hates trump and has repeatedly made up stories to hurt him.

So if they come out with a story about Trump that uses anonymous sources, I am not going to give it credence until further proof.

However, if they have a story linking a direct quote from Trump, I will believe that Trump said what they claim unless it is somehow disputed.

Veritas was impactful enough to get two Dem operatives fired during gthe election.

Yesterdays video doesn't seem to be disputed.

And so I will here them out on thiss video, though I want to hear cnn and Van Jones side before I make a judgement.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: burntheships

If he has changed his mind, why doesn't he go
on the "news" and say so?

For all I know he already has.

Don't be surprised if that is exactly his response to this video, even if it isn't true. But if you can't find a video in the last week where he still supports the Russia narrative, he has an out he will get away with.

I linked a video from two days ago were he was on a panel discussing russia and focused on Trump response, never bothering to say the russia stuff was BS.

Its on page 3 I believe

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Let's be clear... This was a white-lash, a white-lash against a... wait, nevermind.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I mean what do you expect him to do - CNN asks him to be on a panel for Russia stories - He has three choices, one refuse to do the panels and risk being fired, two basically say whatever management wants him to say to push the Russia narrative, or three do what it looks like he did here - not contradict the story or support it, but point out stuff Trump did wrong in the handling of it.

What about option 4; actually say what he believes?

Would it have been so hard for him to say "I think this whole Russia story is a nothing burger, but I also think Trump is digging himself a hole".

He didn't do that.

If he believes Russia is a nothing burger, and he is working for a company that he knows is actively pushing this, and he is put on panels where he has every option to say he feels it is a nothing burger, but instead he says there could be something to it (He said Carter page could be the first or the last domino) he is being dishonest.
edit on 28-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: facedye

him going along with a narrative he does not agree with is more than enough proof to show the level of dishonesty he's willing to engage in to keep his job.

come on man. don't make him out to be a victim.

Come on - are you really going to tell me you haven't had to go along with stuff you did not believe in to keep your job - I know I have. Of course if what they ask you to do is way out of bounds you have a duty to quit or admit you are a sellout.

It's all about the amount of enthusiasm he goes along with it that is telling. That video in the last week with him on the panel he admits it is possible there is nothing to the Russia story. That is not inconsistent with him privately admitting it is a nothingburger.

I don't want to paint the wrong picture - I 100% believe almost everyone who works at CNN - especially top management knows and has known for months if not always that the Russia story is BS, yet still reported it to the public despite that knowledge.

My whole point is this video should not be hyped as a gotcha, if it does not prove anything - and to me at this point it does not prove anything.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Show where I've ever supported the Russia narrative and then your post might actually mean something.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

I just quoted your post to make a point in the first sentence of my previous post; the rest of it is a just generalisation of the left, and their inability to be objective.

I use the word inability instead of ignorance, as it might trigger some of the most sensitive members of ATS

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   

What about option 4; actually say what he believes?

Would it have been so hard for him to say "I think this whole Russia story is a nothing burger, but I also think Trump is digging himself a hole".

He didn't do that.

If he believes Russia is a nothing burger, and he is working for a company that he knows is actively pushing this, and he is put on panels where he has every option to say he feels it is a nothing burger, but instead he says there could be something to it (He said Carter page could be the first or the last domino) he is being dishonest.

You're right that is a legitimate option. But it also risks him getting fired, or sidelined. It is a judgement call on his part based on his moral compass.

I think he could legit believe carter page has links to russia and still think overall the Russia thing is a nothingburger because Carter Page has no power in the Trump Admin whatsoever, even though it has been implied that he does.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

while i respect where you're coming from, i have to disagree with you entirely.

Come on - are you really going to tell me you haven't had to go along with stuff you did not believe in to keep your job - I know I have. Of course if what they ask you to do is way out of bounds you have a duty to quit or admit you are a sellout.

this is a false equivalency. me going along with things i have to do at my job does not jeopardize my company as a whole, all of my coworkers, our company's image, etc.

more importantly, me going along with things i have to do at my job will never endanger, smear, threaten the life of, nor call into doubt the validity of the current united states president. there is no way you can compare the two.

a reporter has a responsibility to maintain professionalism and journalistic integrity.

if these two videos are not taken out of context (which it's pretty obvious that they aren't), and are not disputed, then there's absolutely no way both of these "gentlemen" conveyed either professionalism, nor journalistic integrity.

i will refer you to pt. 1 of this release -> "it's a business." this statement in and of itself should speak volumes to you, and what i don't understand is why it's simply falling on deaf ears.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
"It's a business"

Meaning they're providing a product or service to their customers.

Guess the CIA is getting what they're paying for.

Never mind that the average American thinks that they're the customers of the various news agencies; they're actually the targets of the Intelligence Community's programming, not the consumers of 'news,' like many seem to think .

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
^^^^ what jaded said.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: IAMTAT
Anyone who has supported Trump all this time and has been frustrated by constant flurry of attacks would likely want to throw this in everyones faces now. I plead with you folks, be the bigger people.

Agreed - it should now be evident to everyone with skin and a heartbeat that 'we the people' have been used as cannon fodder to drive an anti-Constitutional agenda to usurp the highest office on the planet by hook or by crook(ed Hillary) because they want to push a liberal agenda onto the whole planet.

I promise to not throw this in anyones face.....unless they are swimming in a river in Egypt and require rescuing.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join