It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Veritas: American Pravda: CNN Part 2

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: Sublimecraft

No, you claimed they are trending.

It's not a claim - it's a fact.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   
i guess the part that confuses me most is how yall are treating this like a reality show. is this just not serious anymore? either america is taking turns making each half of the nation look like a laughingstock, or the media is making us all look like fools. either one suggests that we are being played in a very unnerving manner and its all just a game to us...? its serious enough to continue talking trash in a very sincere manner but not serious enough to actually group up and figure out what the hell is going on? you just want to wait for some flamboyant reveal at the end where the host pops out from behind the curtain and shows us all the cameras and congratulates us for being successfully punked as a country. reminds me of that meme that says "stop making stupid people famous". except here it would go "stop making stupid commentary relevant". seems the media is literally being paid to toy with our attention like a fat cat with a retarded mouse. is it just me?
edit on 28-6-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Ok. How does that help your argument?

What you are saying makes no damn sense.

Just because something is trending does not mean it is true.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

So? You claimed a "fact"?

*shrug* it means little to nothing, as I know how entirely easy it is to artificially influence those trend rankings.

I hear it all the time on here about how the MSM and Facebook push "liberal leftist" stories to be "trending".

I wonder why the alt-right isn't capable as well? I mean they did enlist some sophisticated micro-targeting via Cambridge Analytica during the campaign...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Trending = popular / mass exposure.

What argument? I posted a tweet from PV showing that their 2 videos are both top trending YT videos, and all of a sudden you're triggered by it and now it spoils my argument and it's (the contents of the videos) not even true?

Is that what you just insinuated?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
There are fan-made movie trailers that are confused for the "real thing" on YouTube all the time. They get millions of views and "trend" for a while.

That doesn't make them authentic, real, true, or genuine.

Something "trending" doesn't make it suddenly become an fact in the fabric of reality.

It simply means that more computers are pointed at a particular URL. It speaks to nothing about he content or the material contained within the video, song, article, or whatever.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

What argument? I posted a tweet from PV showing that their 2 videos are both top trending YT videos, and all of a sudden you're triggered by it and now it spoils my argument and it's (the contents of the videos) not even true?

popular does not mean reliable.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Indeed - that's a given. Being reliable takes scrutiny and verification and facts.

Did Van Jones call the Russia thing a big nothing burger? or was that fake editing?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Logical fallacy. Does not mean it's true or correct.

Why should I care what is trending on YT or twitter? No need to be triggered when you cannot present an adult argument.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Indeed - that's a given. Being reliable takes scrutiny and verification and facts.

Did Van Jones call the Russia thing a big nothing burger? or was that fake editing?

my point was more that im disturbed by how long its taken for something that was so obviously "erroneous" to be corrected on public record. its getting harder to distinguish between actual news and social media being reported in place of quality journalism. cant tell if we should leave the dissemination of information to the professional reporting agencies or replace them with independent self stylized journalists with a social media account and some free time to play half assed armchair detective. they seem pretty interchangeable lately. like i said previously, this whole "news" thing is almost a joke.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

i guess the part that confuses me most is how yall are treating this like a reality show. is this just not serious anymore? either america is taking turns making each half of the nation look like a laughingstock, or the media is making us all look like fools. either one suggests that we are being played in a very unnerving manner and its all just a game to us...? its serious enough to continue talking trash in a very sincere manner but not serious enough to actually group up and figure out what the hell is going on? you just want to wait for some flamboyant reveal at the end where the host pops out from behind the curtain and shows us all the cameras and congratulates us for being successfully punked as a country. reminds me of that meme that says "stop making stupid people famous". except here it would go "stop making stupid commentary relevant". seems the media is literally being paid to toy with our attention like a fat cat with a retarded mouse. is it just me?

The big secret (which shouldn't be a secret at all) is that it's all lies. The MSM, Breitbart, HuffPost, Trump, Bush, Obama, Clinton, all of it.

It serves it's purpose for the people in power and keeps the people that really have the power (us) divided and at each others throats. Which is what is needed for us to be ruled over.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Yet your entire argument has been about popularity and trends.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
And a YouTube video only needs to be watched longer than 30 seconds to be counted as a "view".

There could be lots of liberals, leftists, Democrats and moderates who are just curious...then shake their heads, close their browser and walk away in disgust.

As I said, numbers are easy to inflate -- and I don't trust them as a predictor or barometer of "truthiness" or reliability.

Hell, "America's Got Talent" trends now and then, does that mean it's a quality show?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
MOD EDIT
edit on 6/29/2017 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Yet your entire argument has been about popularity and trends.

No it hasn't - go back to my first post and you will see that it's only been since I posted the screenshot of the PV tweet that you have changed the goal posts that my argument has been nothing but about 'popularity and trends'

Remember when I asked you for examples of Fox etc - is that also about YT and twitter trends?

Selective memory may work on others here that you debate with - not me.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

You can buy YT views for a few bucks bro. . .

Let's see...

50,000 views for $69

And the hilarious thing? They're probably Russians doing it on the side for extra cash.

How funny...y'all have had to abandon the Trump/Russia hoax, CNN is self-imploding, and here you are reduced to arguing about whether the Project Veritas vids are viral right now. Talk about deflecting and grasping at straws!!

Surely--now that it's been pointed out--you can see how sad and self-embarassing that is right?

edit on 28-6-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Right. We learned that from some of the YouTube videos that CNN uploaded. Lots of views, but were FAKE news.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
i guess my unwanted twopence here is that this whole russia debacle should be making us take a real long, hard look at how we process information because clearly we fumbled spectacularly for something so unsubstantiated and ludicrous to have passed our BS sensors. as a conspiracy forum it should have been a weeks work to figure out what this project veritas is now confirming. instead we have spent the better part of a month foaming at the mouth and attacking each other over...nothing? pretty sloppy for a site dedicated to denying ignorance.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

No it hasn't - go back to my first post and you will see that it's only been since I posted the screenshot of the PV tweet that you have changed the goal posts that my argument has been nothing but about 'popularity and trends'

At no point should it be logical to defend one's position using popularity and trends.

Are you trying to win the position as head cheerleader? I thought you were out of high school.

An assumption on my part. My apologies if incorrect.

Remember when I asked you for examples of Fox etc - is that also about YT and twitter trends?

Yes. Quite embarrassing of a request. I seem to recall you making a claim about having a photographic memory.

While arrogant to say the least, you failed to offer anything else of substance.

Selective memory may work on others here that you debate with - not me.

Not much work required. Thanks for making it easy.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I fail to see how informing people that just because a video has a lot of views it does not mean it's credible or reliable?

Many people don't realize how their reality is manipulated. Would you rather have lived in ignorance, never realizing or knowing that views, subscribers, "likes" and followers are easily bought?

I guess it makes the world a lot simpler to just assume everything is as it appears at face value ...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join