It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Veritas: American Pravda: CNN Part 2

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Sublimecraft

...if I speak BS, there is a whole army on ATS ready to point out my wrongness...

CNN admits the whole Russia narrative is BS...

That army should be along any minute now, right?

LOL - standing by.........

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
a reply to: introvert

So you are still unwilling to back up your claims, huh?

Did you really just type that after your recent exchange with Sublimecraft?

(plays 80's sitcom laugh track)

Grambler or Sublimecraft.

You seem to be confused.

Hey man for once I going back and forth with you. Leave me out of it!

At first the member in question posted your name and then edited it.

No offense to you. Just pointing out their meaningless mistake.

I know just joking.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This one is tough because everyone has opinions, so I am not getting into it.

So the pants on fire would stand.

This is dumb. Watters was quoting Assange. Secondly, the mixup was that it was actually Podestas windows login that was p@ssword, not his email. My vote = Politifact is being dumb.

But still correct?

There reasons seem to be 1. I wasn't just an infrastructire bill and 2. Technically, we do have some stuff to show for it. My vote= politifact stupid.

But mostly correct?

But they claim Hannity mashed those two events together, and technically there was no stand down order, troops just held and couldn't make contact. My verdict= Politicfact dumb.

But still correct?

I could go on, but these are the blockbuster lies politicfact is showing here. Its seems dumb to me.

The lies they have addressed, or political lies?

So far, it appears you cannot say they lied. Only that your opinion is that they are "dumb".

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

This is dumb. Watters was quoting Assange. Secondly, the mixup was that it was actually Podestas windows login that was p@ssword, not his email. My vote = Politifact is being dumb.

But still correct?

There reasons seem to be 1. I wasn't just an infrastructire bill and 2. Technically, we do have some stuff to show for it. My vote= politifact stupid.

But mostly correct?

But they claim Hannity mashed those two events together, and technically there was no stand down order, troops just held and couldn't make contact. My verdict= Politicfact dumb.

But still correct?

I could go on, but these are the blockbuster lies politicfact is showing here. Its seems dumb to me.

So far, it appears you cannot say they lied. Only that your opinion is that they are "dumb".

Well I never said they lied.

It appeared to me that the discussion was that Fox was worse than Cnn accprding to politifact, and it just seems like their list of complaints with Fox is pretty dumb.

If I have spare time, I will see if I can find a lie with one of them.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: redtic
So, if I understand correctly, this O'Keefe character wants us to think he's exposed some big conspiracy at CNN by 1) a video of a medical producer at CNN stating that they're reporting on Russia for ratings (shocker!!) and 2) Van Jones has an opinion on something that might go against his network's narrative (another shocker!!) (and ignoring the fact that we don't really have much context on his comment, since they were interrupted). Tell me how this matters in the grand scheme of things? Trump, his administration and his campaign are still under investigation. I know that's old news, so you might be sick of hearing it, but it's true. There is no proof yet of collusion, but there certainly isn't any proof of the absence of collusion. The Russia *fact* of hacking and an attempt to alter our election (again with no proof that they successfully altered it, or that they didn't - imho, they did) is already one of the biggest stories of this century - any sort of collusion would make it one of the biggest of the millennium. Why would that story *not* get a majority of a network's coverage? I hope the investigations finish up quickly so that Trump has a chance to focus on doing good things for the country - he obviously gets too easily distracted with all this going on (see his Twitter account). It may be obvious, but I'm far from convinced he has the capacity to do those good things.

I doubt you do, but it'd be humorous to see you have the capacity to read what you typed from a perspective other than your own.

OK - I just read it as a 27 year old chinese-american single woman who is running her own startup company in San Francisco. It was actually a quite rational statement. Thanks for that perspective.

I laughed when I read it.

Glad I could help.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

But still correct?

But mostly correct?

But still correct?

It appeared to me that the discussion was that Fox was worse than Cnn accprding to politifact, and it just seems like their list of complaints with Fox is pretty dumb.

Don't waste your time. We know they lie. They all lie.

The point is we seem to focus on one liar more than the other because it fits a political bias.

As to the topic at hand, we know PV and Okeefe are liars. They have paid the price for being so. Before we blast CNN, let's get the truth about Okeefes claims and go from there.

We cannot get the truth until they release unedited footage, or they are sued again.

Can you guess which is most likely to occur?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Oh and just for giggles, Politifacts 2012 lie of the year was Romney's add that said Obamas bailout of Chrysler was bad because they were going to shift jobs to china.

This wasn't some random small point, for all of the fact checking they do all year, they found this to be the biggest lie.

They even brag that this lie was used to bash Romney.

People often say that politicians don’t pay a price for deception, but this time was different: A flood of negative press coverage rained down on the Romney campaign, and he failed to turn the tide in Ohio, the most important state in the presidential election.

www.politifact.com...

And guess what happened?

Yep, it turned out that this "lie" was the TRUTH!!!

Even politifact had to admit it.

The Romney campaign was crafty with its word choice, so campaign aides could claim to be speaking the literal truth, but the ad left a false impression that all Jeep production was being moved to China.

www.weeklystandard.com...

OOPS!!!!

So yeah, I don' think they are the standard for keeping track of accuracy.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

But still correct?

But mostly correct?

But still correct?

Don't waste your time. We know they lie. They all lie.

The point is we seem to focus on one liar more than the other because it fits a political bias.

As to the topic at hand, we know PV and Okeefe are liars. They have paid the price for being so. Before we blast CNN, let's get the truth about Okeefes claims and go from there.

We cannot get the truth until they release unedited footage, or they are sued again.

Can you guess which is most likely to occur?

I also am skeptical of edited footage.

But I dont think your two scenarios are the only options.

If CNN or Van Jones admits this was fairtly accurate, why would we need to have your two options?

That is in effect what happened yesterday, when CNN didn't dispute the tape and instead said they liked diversity of pinion.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

That is in effect what happened yesterday, when CNN didn't dispute the tape and instead said they liked diversity of pinion

Not disputing the tape is not equal to admitting it was accurate.

We have to wait to see what comes of this.

Can you agree that Okeefe and PV have a bad track record so far?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Vice is now walking back articles on Trump.

Vice retracts two stories about Trump Disney World robot

“After a thorough investigation into the sourcing of two stories, ‘Here's the Secret Backstage Trump Drama at Walt Disney World's Hall of Presidents’ and ‘Behind the Scenes of Disney's Donald Trump 'Hall of Presidents' Installation’, and the identification of several factual errors, we have decided to retract both pieces,” the website said in an editorial note.

thehill.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

That is in effect what happened yesterday, when CNN didn't dispute the tape and instead said they liked diversity of pinion

Not disputing the tape is not equal to admitting it was accurate.

We have to wait to see what comes of this.

Can you agree that Okeefe and PV have a bad track record so far?

Oh yeah I agree.

Even if they had a stellar record, I hate the edits.

Thats why I want to hear what Van Jones and CNN say

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Well now the line is this story is so true that Van Jones admitted it on twitter a little while aago.

Interesting. Was this in DM because I don't see where he's tweeted about it?

I will continue to take Okeefe stuff with a grain of salt, but on these, and the videos that got two dems fired where it was admitted the hired people to be violent at Trump rallies seem to have been accurate (funny no one talks about that though).

That's actually not what Scott Foval admitted to but that's how the conflation in O'Keefe videos works. Scott Foval admitted to training people to "bird dog" which is basically saying things that trigger "the other guys." The example he gave, the elderly woman who got punched by a Trump supporter, was actually not paid either afaik. The implication from Foval was that they provide coaching for activists, not hire violent goons.

Meanwhile, Infowars pays people to disrupt Democrats rallies/speeches — shouting their own "triggering" phrases — and among the Right, scarcely anyone bats an eyelash and those people are actually getting paid for their disruptive behavior.

Speaking of which, the person in the video who claimed to have organized the protests that shutdown the Chicago rally, Aaron Minter aka "Aaron Black" was later revealed to be one of the people who was dressing as a robot and "bird dogging" Marco Rubio. It was further revealed that he was in cahoots with Breitbart to do this so it's a fair assumption that O'Keefe knows Minter which would explain why Minter isn't named in the suit that O'Keefe filed against Foval and others.

But do you see how that's what you remembered? That was by design. It was purposefully edited to promote that sort of conflation.

I don't understand why you are not more angry about this. You had thread after thread after thread that pushed the Russia thing based off of places like CNN, the NYT, etc. And now we find out many of them were flat out lies (Even Comey said that almost all of the anonymous sourced stories are flawed).

You were duped. Now CNN is having to let people go for fake stories.

Let's consider this for a moment. We've got Comey saying that a single NYT article from February was inaccurate, CNN's reporting about the Qatar news agency hack being refuted by a Qatari official and what? CNN retracting a story and canning three reporters after they were threatened with a lawsuit?

I'll take Comey at this word. I'll take the Qatari official at his. As for this last thing, I have no idea. At the same time, how many stories they've broken have been confirmed? In my opinion, what you're doing is giving into confirmation bias. That is, if they were spot on 90% of the time, mostly right 7% of the time and wrong 3% of the time, that's not great but it's not "now we find out many of them were flat out lies."

It's less than a handful of stories from two outlets out of hundreds. Perhaps you know of a better source of news? I'm all ears. Name any news source and I'll give you at least as many, and I'd even bet more, inaccurate news stories from a similar timeframe and it only gets worse as the outlets get smaller.

As for how I should be more upset because I've been posting threads that "pushed this Russian thing based off" some of these outlets' reporting — I'm a little pissed about the Qatari story but I'm not sure which of my other threads you're claiming specifically cite discredited news articles. Here's a list of my Russian interference related threads:

These are all pre-election:

Dissecting The WikiLeaks Russian Connection - Part One
Did WikiLeaks Exclude Syria To Russia Bank Transfer Emails From Syria Files?
BOOM. Trump - WikiLeaks Connection Confirmed By Trump "Advisor," Manafort Partner, Roger Stone
Russian State Media Announced Podesta Release Before WikiLeaks Did
Pence Says Evidence Points To Russian Hacking And Russia Should Face "Severe Consequences"
Secret Trump Server Connecting To Russian Bank Shutdown After Reporter Questions
ALERT! ALERT! Breaking! Warning! Donald Trump Cancerous! Has "Relationship" With Putin!

Since the election:

WOW. Russia Confirms Contact With Trump Campaign
Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House
Evidence of State-sponsored Hacking of DNC
Investigating Russian Intervention is Racist!
BOMBSHELL! Rep. Joaquin Castro Says Some Trump Associates Probably Going To Jail
Today's Trump-Russia Tie: WH Stooge Cohen-Watnick's Wife Worked "To Make Russia Look Better"Confirmed: Trump Campaign Advisor Met With Russian Spy In 2013
DOJ Appoints Special Counsel In Russia ProbeHas WSJ Proven GOP Collusion With Foreign Hacker?
Trump Takes Credit for Results of Russian Hacking Again
Today's Leak: Coates and Rogers Testified Trump asked Both to Refute Collusion

The second to last one is the one based on the Qatari story. If you look through the rest, not only are they not based on one of these few discredted/retracted/etc stories, many of them are research threads, a few are trollish Mud Pit threads and most of them aren't really the sort of thing that relied on anonymous sources. Where possible, I'll go straight to the source.

So I don't think I've been all that duped into posting fake news. Unless you're asserting that there was no Russian interference in the first place? You'll also notice that since Mueller was appointed, I've only posted a few threads about the topic. Not because the "narrative" "is collapsing" but because in my mind, Mueller and his team are investigating, that's what I wanted and now I feel like it's in capable hands.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Tldr.

They remind of a little kid who has been stealing cookies from the cookie jar and suddenly his mom notices cookies are missing. When confronted, the kid immediately goes into denial, swearing up and down he is not at fault, but mom knows it was not the birds or the squirrels who ate the cookies as the kid claims.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Ok Foval admitted to paying mentally ill people to incite violence.

Thats much better.

Alex Jones sucks, paying people to incite violence is bad. Are you implying I cite Alex Jones a lot or something?

Comey said the NYT story was flat out wrong AND he said that mostly the anonymous sourced stories get it wrong. Perhaps you missed when he said that.

And you say most of their stories are confirmed. Really, the ones with anonymous stories about Russia? Show me the confirmed ones.

By the same token then, most of the things Trumps says arent lies, so why are you on him all of the time?

The problem is they have an agenda. and they have spread false stories to enact that agenda. You have spread those stories yourself.

Its not just the threads you make, its your comments on others too.

But for example, look at your thread about Trump server.

There is no proof for this whatsoever. The Intercept of all places debunked it.

dailycaller.com...

Yet you were duped by slate and others like CNN that kept pushing this quoting anonymous sources.

But again, its up to you. If you are ok with producers and correspondents at CNN saying the Russia thing is garbage and their CEO is forcing the to talk about it, and stories being confirmed as lies thats your prerogative.

Many of us do have a huge problem with this.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Their on air personalities and producers are admitting that they think its garbage, and yet their ceo wants them to focus on it instead of real news like the climate agreement.

And you complain about double standards, but you are as guilty as anyone. You hammer trump non stop, but have been really quiet about the medias lies. You made not one comment about Comey saying that these anonymous sources were usually wrong, despite the fact that you reported on them over and over.

That's twice in two paragraphs that you've said that Comey has refuted more than one story. Could you point out what statement s you're speaking of because the only one I'm familiar with is the "in the main" statement from his testimony which was about a single NYT article and yet you're using Comey repeatedly to call into question basically every news article based on an unnamed source from a media outlet you don't favor.

And again, you keep saying that I'm "reporting on them over and over again." I've posted links to the threads. Very few of them even cite any news article with anonymous sourcing and aside from the Qatari hack thread, I'm not aware of any of the articles cited being discredited.

So I disagree completely with your whole line of argument because I think your premise is false.

Trump does lie, and its wrong. So did Obama, Reagan, both Bushes, Hillary, Comey, Schumer, and on and on.

I really wouldn't compare the lies from any of them except the Clintons to Trump and in terms of sheer volume of lies? It's not even close. The Clintons do have a number of whoppers under their belts though so point taken but let's not act as though they're all on par with one another because they're not.

And some of Trump lies are really bad. For example, I think he lied about repealing Obamacare based on this garbage plan he is endorsing. I think he lied about foreign policy when he is bombing syria.

Unfortunately, the media on the left wont report these stories, because they too want Obamacare and war in syria, and they are too focused on Russia.

I don't know anyone on the Left personally who wants war with Syria. I don't know why the media would want war with Syria. I know that certain foreign policy hawks on the Left and many on the Right are completely okay with war in Syria. And as a side note, it's interesting to me that so far Trump seems to be falling right in line with that.

But the biggest lie of all is the lie that Trump colluded with Russia and using that to not only derail anything he tries to do, but push us toward a war with russia. Many of trumps lies have resulted form this lie, because he is a big mouth.

I disagree that war with Russia over their interference is even a remote threat. One of the memes that I kept hearing repeated just before the election was that if Clinton was elected, the result would be war with Russia. I didn't buy that either. Putin is a lot of things but he's not stupid and he's not crazy.

Personally, I think that the notion of claims of Trump personally colluding are way way overblown. The closest even I got was in using "Trump-Russia tie" in the title of a thread which wasn't at all about collusion between Trump and Russia if you read the thread. In fact, I characterize it as "latest not-very-conclusive-but-still-wtf-is-up-with-all-these-damn-ties-to-Russia link" and it's about a "satellite" of Trump.

Here's what I believe. I believe that it's possible that there was collusion by one or two people in Trump's orbit. I won't go so far as to say I'm "certain" of it but I definitely wouldn't put it past Manafort. As I wrote about in two threads (they've got "No Puppet! No Puppet!" in the title), there was a complete regime change in the Trump campaign when Manafort had to exit because he came up in the Ukranian anti-corruption investigation and Bannon, Conway and Bossie — the Robert Mercer cadre — took over.

Prior to that, there was Manafort, Page and others who were in Trump's ear and I think they influenced a lot of his rhetoric in terms of Russia because several of them are very pro-Kremlin or have deep ties to Russia.

I also believe that there has been a mass shifting of the goal posts because there's really nobody in politics at the federal level, nobdoy from the IC, etc who are denying Russian interference. It seems to me anyway, that there's been a shift from denouncing the "Russian narrative" to complaining about the "Trump Russian collusion narrative." (though it's still just "the Russian narrative")

And now we are starting to find, slowly but surely, that Trump was not only never under investigation personally for Russian collusion despite CNN and others lies, but the whole story is falling apart.

Do you have some examples of CNN claiming that Donald J Trump was under investigation for collusion? Surely you must be able to able to scare up a few since this is such an integral part of your argument?

On top of that, we are seeing that even CNN employees think that its garbage, but they are being forced to peddle it by their ceo.

That's a whole lot of stretch my friend, a whole lot. The guy in the first PV video — correct me if I'm wrong — is not even a producer for anything political. I don't know where you're getting that Van Jones is being forced to "peddle" anything and aside from these two examples, I'm not aware of anything that you could be citing to back this up.

If I were you, I would be furious that you so vehemently argued for many of these stories based off of news orgs that are routinely lying about Trump and russia.

You keep saying this! I disagree with most of that sentence. I think it's demonstrably false in terms of my posting. I don't think you have enough to back up the "routinely lying about Trump and Russia" bit either.

Alright. I'm going back to my bathroom remodel now. (starting the tile surround and if I'm not done with this by Friday, the wife will be none to happy). I'll check back later and respond if I get a chance.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: Tempter

That's another thing... FOX. They've literally been doing what people are freaking out at all other media for, for twenty plus years complete with uncorrected lies. Yet virtual silence about all that.

Everyone with 2 brain cells to rub together knows that Fox is clearly pro-Republican government, however I really would like you to post examples of their uncorrected lies - just since the beginning of 2016 - I mean, if they are habitual liars like the others, then you'll be able to pull up numerous examples of their uncorrected lies.

I've been watching these channels for at least 20 years - Fox is streaks ahead of its cable competition when it comes to accuracy and transparency and accountability - they are not immune from my criticism but they can't be compared to CNN and Co because they simply conduct themselves completely differently based upon their agenda as a business - I know of no time where Fox has deliberately spread a complete fantasy as truth - even in the face of evidence to the contrary, and insisted it's viewers believe them and not reality.

Wtf.

Fake Sweden expert on Fox News – has criminal convictions in US, no connection to Swedish security

Link to ATS thread

You want more ?
edit on 28-6-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Well now the line is this story is so true that Van Jones admitted it on twitter a little while aago.

Interesting. Was this in DM because I don't see where he's tweeted about it?

I will continue to take Okeefe stuff with a grain of salt, but on these, and the videos that got two dems fired where it was admitted the hired people to be violent at Trump rallies seem to have been accurate (funny no one talks about that though).

That's actually not what Scott Foval admitted to but that's how the conflation in O'Keefe videos works. Scott Foval admitted to training people to "bird dog" which is basically saying things that trigger "the other guys." The example he gave, the elderly woman who got punched by a Trump supporter, was actually not paid either afaik. The implication from Foval was that they provide coaching for activists, not hire violent goons.

Meanwhile, Infowars pays people to disrupt Democrats rallies/speeches — shouting their own "triggering" phrases — and among the Right, scarcely anyone bats an eyelash and those people are actually getting paid for their disruptive behavior.

Speaking of which, the person in the video who claimed to have organized the protests that shutdown the Chicago rally, Aaron Minter aka "Aaron Black" was later revealed to be one of the people who was dressing as a robot and "bird dogging" Marco Rubio. It was further revealed that he was in cahoots with Breitbart to do this so it's a fair assumption that O'Keefe knows Minter which would explain why Minter isn't named in the suit that O'Keefe filed against Foval and others.

But do you see how that's what you remembered? That was by design. It was purposefully edited to promote that sort of conflation.

I don't understand why you are not more angry about this. You had thread after thread after thread that pushed the Russia thing based off of places like CNN, the NYT, etc. And now we find out many of them were flat out lies (Even Comey said that almost all of the anonymous sourced stories are flawed).

You were duped. Now CNN is having to let people go for fake stories.

Let's consider this for a moment. We've got Comey saying that a single NYT article from February was inaccurate, CNN's reporting about the Qatar news agency hack being refuted by a Qatari official and what? CNN retracting a story and canning three reporters after they were threatened with a lawsuit?

I'll take Comey at this word. I'll take the Qatari official at his. As for this last thing, I have no idea. At the same time, how many stories they've broken have been confirmed? In my opinion, what you're doing is giving into confirmation bias. That is, if they were spot on 90% of the time, mostly right 7% of the time and wrong 3% of the time, that's not great but it's not "now we find out many of them were flat out lies."

It's less than a handful of stories from two outlets out of hundreds. Perhaps you know of a better source of news? I'm all ears. Name any news source and I'll give you at least as many, and I'd even bet more, inaccurate news stories from a similar timeframe and it only gets worse as the outlets get smaller.

As for how I should be more upset because I've been posting threads that "pushed this Russian thing based off" some of these outlets' reporting — I'm a little pissed about the Qatari story but I'm not sure which of my other threads you're claiming specifically cite discredited news articles. Here's a list of my Russian interference related threads:

These are all pre-election:

Dissecting The WikiLeaks Russian Connection - Part One
Did WikiLeaks Exclude Syria To Russia Bank Transfer Emails From Syria Files?
BOOM. Trump - WikiLeaks Connection Confirmed By Trump "Advisor," Manafort Partner, Roger Stone
Russian State Media Announced Podesta Release Before WikiLeaks Did
Pence Says Evidence Points To Russian Hacking And Russia Should Face "Severe Consequences"
Secret Trump Server Connecting To Russian Bank Shutdown After Reporter Questions
ALERT! ALERT! Breaking! Warning! Donald Trump Cancerous! Has "Relationship" With Putin!

Since the election:

WOW. Russia Confirms Contact With Trump Campaign
Secret CIA assessment says Russia was trying to help Trump win White House
Evidence of State-sponsored Hacking of DNC
Investigating Russian Intervention is Racist!
BOMBSHELL! Rep. Joaquin Castro Says Some Trump Associates Probably Going To Jail
Today's Trump-Russia Tie: WH Stooge Cohen-Watnick's Wife Worked "To Make Russia Look Better"Confirmed: Trump Campaign Advisor Met With Russian Spy In 2013
DOJ Appoints Special Counsel In Russia ProbeHas WSJ Proven GOP Collusion With Foreign Hacker?
Trump Takes Credit for Results of Russian Hacking Again
Today's Leak: Coates and Rogers Testified Trump asked Both to Refute Collusion

The second to last one is the one based on the Qatari story. If you look through the rest, not only are they not based on one of these few discredted/retracted/etc stories, many of them are research threads, a few are trollish Mud Pit threads and most of them aren't really the sort of thing that relied on anonymous sources. Where possible, I'll go straight to the source.

So I don't think I've been all that duped into posting fake news. Unless you're asserting that there was no Russian interference in the first place? You'll also notice that since Mueller was appointed, I've only posted a few threads about the topic. Not because the "narrative" "is collapsing" but because in my mind, Mueller and his team are investigating, that's what I wanted and now I feel like it's in capable hands.

What is this?
Who are you quoting?
You've got my ATS handle there but none of the quoted text is from me?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't listen to Rush Limbaugh, and don't really care for him, but they just showed a clip of one of his statements on another show... and it had me laughing out loud.

Rush: Trump Playing With Media Like 'A Red Laser Pointer' and a Cat

“This Jim Acosta guy — little Jim Acosta, CNN — a guy that lost his cookies yesterday with the press briefing when the cameras weren’t turned on … I’ll tell you what this guy reminds me of,” he said. “If you ever had a cat — a cat and get one of these red laser pointers and you point it on the floor and the cat tries to catch it, you point it into the sofa — the cat runs into the sofa trying to put it up against the wall. I think that’s what the Trump administration is doing with many in the media. They’re like cats. He’s got this little red laser light. It’s just causing them to make fools of themselves and everybody is laughing at them as they’re crashing into walls and the sofa and the floor. And that’s what little Jim Acosta had happen to him yesterday.”

OMG.....

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

ON Comey

OK to start with, here was Comeys quote.

COMEY: In the main, it was not true. And again, all of you know this. Maybe the American people don't. The challenge, and I'm not picking on reporters about writing stories about classified information, is the people talking about it often don't really know what's going on, and going on are not talking about it. We don't call the press to say, hey, you don't that thing wrong about the sensitive topic. We have to leave it there.

I mentioned to the chairman the nonsense around what influenced me to make the July 5th statement. Nonsense. But I can't go explaining how it is nonsense.

He says they are often wrong, they don't know what they are talking about. But they can't call them out on it.

Does this mean every story is wrong? No. But he says often they don't know what they are talking about.

And I will take a step back and say maybe you don't constantly quote these sources, but you quite often do. Again, your Qatar and Russian server story as just two examples.

On Lies

The problem is Trump lies to make himself look good. And yes it sucks. But the only two big lies that irk me a lot is health care and Syria.

God do I wsih the media would focus on policy rather than this Russia crap.

You just look at volume of lies, but I am more concerned with the magnitude. Bush and WMD's and small government. Obama on you can keep your doctor, I am going to go after wall st. most transparent aadmin.

To me, these are more important than lies about crowd size, or who called who.

On War

Most liberals in the media wanted Hillary to win. She wanted a know fly zone, which had a great chance of leading us at least into a proxy conflict with Russia.

The media (on all sides) is constantly jibing us towards conflict in Syria. During the third debate, Trump was awesome when he said we should be working with Syria and Russia to fight Isis, instead of like Hillary and Obama and arming "rebels". The media, including the left, bashed him for this.

Now they have gotten their wish, and sadly Trump is shooting down Isis planes.

The media also wants us to be adversarial with Russia, even if not a war with them. Funny, because many of the media wanted us to chum up to Iran, but be hardlined with Russia.

On CNN examples of investigation

Well there was the big one where their chief political correspondent said that Comey would the next day refute Trumps claim that he wasn't personally under investigation.

It turns out that was the exact opposite of what happened. Again, another huge lie.

On Cnn employees

Well the producer admitted he thinks that the russia stuff is crap, and said they were reporting real news, and their CEO Zucker told them to go back to the russia stuff.

Van Jones, I will admit its probably wise to wait and see what his take on the video is, but if he does think the russia stuff is crap,I have seen him as much as two days ago have to sit on a panel all about it and not say it was crap.

On media russia or trump lies

Well off the top of my head

The russia hacked the grid story.

The Trump moved the MLK bust.

Trump pee dossier being put out when everyon knew it couldn't be confirmed.

The scarmuccis story retracted by CNN.

Two Vice stories retracted yesterday.

The server connected to the bank story.

The Feb NYT story.

The Qatar story.

Comey would refute Trump and say Trump was under personal investigation.

And that is just the proven stuff. We still have tons of anonymous sourced stories that have yet to have been proven true.
On Bathrooms

Hey I am about to start remodeling my bathroom too! Maybe I will hire some Russians!
edit on 28-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It was my text, I dont know what the mix up was.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join