It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LaVoy Finicum shooting: FBI agent indicted for alleged false statements

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Investigators said a member of the FBI's elite Hostage Rescue Team fired at Finicum as his 2015 Dodge pickup truck crashed into a snow bank at a roadblock on U.S. 395. Finicum had just sped away from a surprise traffic stop on the rural highway as the occupation leaders traveled off the refuge to a community meeting Jan. 26, 2016.

The Oregon investigators concluded that one agent fired at Finicum's truck, hitting it in the roof and missing on the second shot. A state trooper later described to investigators seeing two rifle casings in the area where the FBI agents were posted. But detectives called to investigate didn't find the casings, police reports indicated.

LaVoy Finicum shooting: FBI agent indicted for alleged false statements

New information showing that not only were the Feds already shooting at Lavoy before he supposedly reached into his pocket, but they then tampered with a crime scene, destroyed evidence and lied about it.

This might give some hope to Lavoy's wife in a civil suit against the FBI and Oregon State Police.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Now that James Comey can't cover it up any more, fair trials should hopefully proceed.

+11 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Good! It's a start. Finicum was murdered, of that I am convinced. Police opened fire on his truck causing him to speed away in an effort to reach the sherrifs office. The FBI/police roadblock set up on a blind corner almost guaranteed a crash and Finincum left the truck hoping to spare the lives of the 2 others inside, including an 18 year old girl.

This is all fallout from the mess created by the greed of the Clintons to sell off uranium deposits on public lands used by generations of ranchers.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I never much agree'd with the occupation but definitely did not agree with how they shot him, and at the truck/occupants..hope the agent fry's but we all know he won't.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
It's about damn time!!! But better late than never.

LaVoy Finicum was a hero, murdered in cold blood protecting others... by those whose job it is to protect all of us.

May the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth be revealed for the whole world to see, and let the chips fall where they may.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

This is all fallout from the mess created by the greed of the Clintons to sell off uranium deposits on public lands used by generations of ranchers.

And Harry Reid!!! Can't let that rat bastard off the hook for his dirty deeds.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Throw a lot of that blame at Harry Reid and we are in agreement.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I just posted a link to this thread in the old ATS thread

I remember all those people saying that he deserved to be shot.
Seems the scales of justice might be headed towards balance.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'm hoping this is just the first charges to be brought against this officer -- and possibly more. From your link:

Less than two months after the shooting, the FBI acknowledged that a federal agent was under investigation for firing shots and four other members of his FBI team were under investigation for covering up the gunshots. The status of the investigation into the four other FBI team member is unclear.

This was a deadman's roadblock that put everyone on scene in danger -- including the officers manning that roadblock -- and they knew it. Whoever fired those shots (and whoever ordered it) knew they were making a dangerous situation impossible and that someone (LaVoy Finicum) was going to die. That's premeditated murder.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Ah yes... the thread chiding us to "deny ignorance" all based on the non-eyewitness govt undercover guy... yeah, I remember that.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Now that James Comey can't cover it up any more, fair trials should hopefully proceed.

Don't bet on it!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Anybody who advocates and rationalizes extrajudicial killing makes me nauseous. I didn't agree at all with the occupation, but from my perspective, Finicum was murdered. There is no excuse for shooting at the vehicle and the entire scenario was pretty clearly orchestrated to force the eventuality of the outcome. It's disgusting and an abhorrence of due process and I hope that for once, the individuals involved actually face charges that are actually equal to the crimes perpetrated by people who swore an oath to protect and defend the US constitution and the principles it was founded upon. I shouldn't be shocked, it's been oar for the course by the federal government and her employees since there was a federal government that didn't have to bow to the King but I am nonetheless still disgusted.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Finicum's death was wrong all the way around. If you haven't seen the video, go to YouTube and watch it. As a citizen of the US, watch it.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I hope justice will be served to all who murdered LeVoy Finicum.

www.youtube.com...

Infowars reporter Millie Weaver gets an exclusive interview with Jeanette Finicum, the widow of slain land rights advocate LeVoy Finicum who was allegedly murdered by State and Federal agents. In a heart wrenching interview, she discloses how she found out about her husband's death and how the government continues to harass her family to this day.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Yep - I remember that thread - LaVoy Finicum, a US citizen, was murdered on US soil by the US government, I saw it with my own eyes on TV - many many times - simple.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

You do know that this investigation was going on during Comey's tenure as Director, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
New information showing that not only were the Feds already shooting at Lavoy before he supposedly reached into his pocket,

He fled from the initial traffic stop, which in this case was a felony and he stated to media he would not be going to jail. He then proceeded to fail to stop for the police. He tried to run a road block, almost hitting an officer. At this point law enforcement was justified in using deadly force to end the encounter. That is to say before he even got out of the truck. Once he was out he failed to comply with verbal commands and his movement was perceived as a threat (reaching for a gun, which one was found on his person).

but they then tampered with a crime scene, destroyed evidence and lied about it.

Incorrect and nowhere is this statement of your supported in the article you linked to. What they said was shell casings from the area the FBI agent was in were missing. At no point do es it say they were illegally removed by anyone. The last officer involved shooting I responded to we had shell casings missing. They werent taken by anyone and the general consensus was they were displaced in the initial response by law enforcement agencies that arrived on scene first (myself included). Vehicles / officers / Fire and EMS walking around the immediate vicinity of the incident.

While securing a crime scene is of the utmost importance medical care always comes first. The safety of individual present, including those under arrest, come next.

This might give some hope to Lavoy's wife in a civil suit against the FBI and Oregon State Police.

A civil suit has no chance in court. The actions of the FBI agent had no direct impact on the death of Finnicum and it was the State police who shot and ended the threat.

It was a good shoot... The FBI agent lying is a problem and should be charged for it however, aside from the lie, his actions were within the law.
edit on 28-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   
No....Ex

Really now, I can't believe that was posted....it was a good shoot should have never come off your keypad, my darling

a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
No....Ex

Really now, I can't believe that was posted....it was a good shoot should have never come off your keypad, my darling

You can use whatever standards you think. I will use the law.

It was a good shoot. If it werent officers would be charged with manslaughter and none were.

The standard when reviewing use of force by the police is what did they perceive the moment force was used. The second requirement is totality of circumstances. You have to take the entire incident and not just bits and pieces. That means his actions from the moment he arrived in Oregon, his familiarity with law enforcement and their familiarity with him, any statements he made to media (like saying he wouldnt be going to jail), up to all his actions on the day this occurred, including when he fled the first traffic stop and led police on a pursuit, almost hitting an officer at the roadblock, trying to go around the road block and his actions once the vehicle was stopped.

Iy was a good shoot based on the criteria / law.
edit on 28-6-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Iy was a good shoot based on the criteria / law.

Only under color of law.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join