It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

19th Obamacare exchange has folded.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
No healthcare plan will be successful (Obama's or Trump's) until we find a way to reduce the cost of healthcare in the first place.

Find ways to reduce the costs of the healthcare - so insurer's needn't rape people in order to cover the healthcare.

Big Pharma is a good start. But, everything really, is way over-priced (because insurer's pay).

If we'd work on lowering the costs of the services instead of arguing about who is going to cover these outrageously priced services (and how)...we may actually find some answers.

We already know how to fix the cost of health Care.

Eliminate health insurance. Once more than 25% of the population has insurance for a particular event, the cost of that event will rise, and then the cost of the insurance will rise, and then more people will see the rising cost of the event and buy insurance...

It's a feed back loop of failure.
Kill it, and health Care costs will be forced to reset.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Hate to sound like a harpie but.....Elizabeth Warren is right.........its time for Single Payer. Yea the service will be crappy but it beats the 100 million living in abject poverty in the US becoming diseased and spreading it throughout the rest of the population. At least with single payer they will die with some dignity.

We already put the government into health care.

VA health, total disaster.

Medicaid, doctors are refusing to accept it all over.

Medicare, over 40 TRILLION dollars in debt.

So I guess 4th times the charm then, give the government even MORE control over health care.

That's partly why I'm somewhat in favor of state-run universal care. The states have a better incentive to keep their budgets balanced than the feds. Of course, there would be some subsidies from the feds to the states to help maintain a sustainable budget.

Eh, it's just a thought. Not even sure if it'll work. I think it would eventually bring medical prices down after awhile. But, its just a theory.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Itll eliminate insurance and almost all states already have the infrastructure to deal with the paperwork.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

Hate to sound like a harpie but.....Elizabeth Warren is right.........its time for Single Payer. Yea the service will be crappy but it beats the 100 million living in abject poverty in the US becoming diseased and spreading it throughout the rest of the population. At least with single payer they will die with some dignity.

So I guess 4th times the charm then, give the government even MORE control over health care.

That's partly why I'm somewhat in favor of state-run universal care. The states have a better incentive to keep their budgets balanced than the feds. Of course, there would be some subsidies from the feds to the states to help maintain a sustainable budget.

Eh, it's just a thought. Not even sure if it'll work. I think it would eventually bring medical prices down after awhile. But, its just a theory.

I am against the concept of universal health care.

But I am open to hearing all ideas.

We should be willing to discuss a mulitiude of solutions, and I think your idea is an interesting one to put into the mix.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

I am against the concept of universal health care.

But I am open to hearing all ideas.

We should be willing to discuss a mulitiude of solutions, and I think your idea is an interesting one to put into the mix.

That's where I'm at too. I'm not really sure what the solution is, but that's why I want to hear all of the theories.
I do know that I think medicine/insurance for-profit isn't working. We tried it. Subsidizing and an exchange program doesn't work, we tried it.
Medicaid and medicare has worked pretty well for us here in my state, but it's a slightly different govt structure as compared to other states, though.

Right now, all I can do is look, listen, research and theorize.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
WTF is Obama care and why? Either socialize it and give us free medical or not. Obama care doesn't give free medical care. If you don't buy insurance you are fined.

Before I had better coverage. The only problem was. If you had to go to the hospital it was crammed full of those without insurance.

First you have to get rid of the fraud in the medical industry before anything good can happen.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
First you have to get rid of the fraud in the medical industry before anything good can happen.

And that is accomplished how again?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: essentialtremors

Health insurance, as we know it, has only be around for about 70 years, and really has only been in full swing for about 50 or more years. Before health insurance started being offered by most employers, each state took care of their own.

Doctors were seduced by the serpent, and just like in the storybooks, every wish the serpents grants comes back to bite you. Many doctors can no longer afford their practices, and even the ones that can still make a lucrative living practicing medicine, they are completely under the control of the insurance companies and the federal government.

New doctors or doctors with smaller practices, due to the reimbursement cost of their education and insurance, they are barely hanging on. Many have become "hospitalist" which just means that they are owned and controlled by the hospital.

Doctors once went into medicine to provide care for their patients. They were revered and respected. They knew they would never be rich, and would likely be paid in goods and services. Can the pendulum swing back that far? I am not holding my breath on that one.
edit on 28-6-2017 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word edits.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

If little countries like Canada and Sweden can do it, the US can do it. Yea, I said the service would be crappy, and yea, the crappy doctors now paid millions to malpractice will have to take a serius pay cut. But crappy service for all is better than mediocre service for a few and no service for many.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
...and now Anthem is dropping out of most of Nevada.

They're only staying in the 3 most populous counties: Clark (Las Vegas), Nye (near Las Vegas), and Washoe (Reno) counties.

ETA:
This article confirms that 14 counties in Nevada will have no Obamacare plans next year. Besides Anthem, another carrier is dropping out of Nevada completely.

In addition to the 49 counties listed above (in MO, OH, and IN), that makes 63 counties with no Obamacare coverage next year.
edit on 29-6-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join