It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN New Low: CNN Uses Sesame Street's Elmo to Attack Trump's Travel Ban

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Funny.

I would create a thread if CNN used Homer as a spokes person for the safety and efficiency of nuclear power to children.

This is basically what they did with Elmo.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Well you have been proven wrong many times so it's pointless.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

In this thread or in general?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Both.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You know we could go on all day----so I will just have to, with all do respect, disagree. I'm sure you knew that already.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Oh I don't have to go on all day. It's a done deal. It's you who keep going on all day. *winks*
Ok I'll agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Even a lib like you can't be for politicizing tickle my elbow.
This smells of facism, something leftists and righty's seem to openly embrace.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I actually think they put Elmo on there to help their die hard fans cope with the reality of Trump their President. CNN viewers probably have their crayons out and ready, to relieve the symptoms of the triggering when they watch it. Or hell, why not have Elmo be an anchor on one of their news programs. When your going down the drain you will probably try anything to survive.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
ELMO NOT ANNOYING!!! DON'T CALL ELMO LIKE THAT!

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: Krazysh0t

They are not even doing what he claimed..

There was absolutely no mention of the travel ban at all..

His entire logic is that Elmo talked about refugees like they are people.. so it's propaganda!!!

Not for nothing though, even if they didn't mention the travel ban you can still see how they are using this to garner some sort of support to advocate against the travel ban that just was upheld by the SCOTUS. Is it only a coincidence that SCOTUS just upheld the ban and then CNN does this?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: underwerks

I got a better idea. How about CNN and Elmo stay out of it.
This is silly that Elmo just so happens to chatting with a News Channel about immigrants right after the left didn't get their way. So what does the left do? Cry.

Or how about Elmo and Sesame Street do what they've always done?

Teach common decency and manners. Which is what they're doing here. I know thats not politically correct in today's climate, but some people still believe that's more important than propagating fear and distrust in kids.

Kids parents should be the ones teaching them common decency and manners and the golden rule, not some TV show. If you get decency and manners from a TV show your parents failed you.

Also not for nothing but if children are innocent in all of this then keep them out of it totally, a 6 year old shouldn't be worrying themselves with politics of the rest of the world, they should be busy be kids and having an imagination.
edit on 29-6-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
And I thought you were referring to John Oliver as Elmo!!! LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
It seems that CNN isn't really a serious company.

edit on 29-6-2017 by JoeysFoodReview because: spelling

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
www.cnn.com... reply to: seasonal
YES ITS CNN SO IT MIGHT BE FAKE NEWS BUT YOU ASKED FOR SOURCE ITS WHY I STOPPED BUYING ELMO FOR THE KIDS.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
I actually think they put Elmo on there to help their die hard fans cope with the reality of Trump their President. CNN viewers probably have their crayons out and ready, to relieve the symptoms of the triggering when they watch it. Or hell, why not have Elmo be an anchor on one of their news programs. When your going down the drain you will probably try anything to survive.

They used Elmo because Trump supporters no longer accept the opinion(or facts) from experts in their field. Trump FAKE has FAKE created FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS a world for his supporters where they can openly deny facts, without reason, just because they don't fit their narrative.

It is therefore pointless trying to educate Trump supporters on important issues using traditional methods, you need to dumb it down for them. Use something they can relate to.... maybe they'll listen to Elmo.

It's kind of sad to see how far America has fallen.
edit on 30-6-2017 by SudoNim because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

I don't really see the point in appealing to kids but my question you is. Do you know what the vetting process currently involves?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Elmo will soon replace Van Jones on cnn...they're all just puppets anyway

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

David Milliband and Elmo? Lol. Elmo should watch who he hangs around with.

Good thing they aren't Supreme Court Justices......9-0.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: pavil

Do you think there was a focus group that determined that the "Elmo" character could reach the average CNN viewer?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: pavil

Do you think there was a focus group that determined that the "Elmo" character could reach the average CNN viewer?

No, they would have used a muppet if they were trying to do that - probably Beaker.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join