It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN New Low: CNN Uses Sesame Street's Elmo to Attack Trump's Travel Ban

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Your claim is now that CNN is lying, that Miliband did not address the Supreme Court decision.

Yes. CNN is lying, or at least they are dishonest in saying that quote was in reference to the ban.

Please quote when the man said this in response about a question about security. I anxiously await your clip where you can prove this.

Go to your own link and watch the video they provide. Starts at 10:46.
edit on 28-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

That is absolutely pathetic.

Those so called important people would be sitting there with a fat guy under the seats talking in a high pirched voice, using a puppet as a way to influence kids.

Pathetic.

MIght as well have been the swedish chef.. just sad.. CNN, Conglomerate of Neo Nutcases.

gtfo...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: underwerks

No they are not....

All mainstream news sources have been dropping as people swap to internet "television entertainment " instead..

All from both political factions..

If anyone is taking in record profits it is the compilation internet sites that rewrite MSM stories with their own slant.... they don't even have journalists..

Cable News Ratings: MSNBC, CNN, Fox News Post Double-Digit Growth in Q2

The viewership spike for cable news shows no signs of slowing down. Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC all saw double-digit ratings growth across the board for the second quarter of 2017, according to Nielsen data.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Which part of sesame street teaching kids to get along with kids of the world is it you guys have such a problem with here?!

How the heck is this part of some leftist conspiracy?!

None of this makes any sense at all. I just... I can't even with this website anymore. The inmates are running the asylum.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

“Did you find that the Syrian little girls and little boys were a lot like your friends here in America?” Ward asked Elmo.

“Yeah, they really were,” said the “Sesame Street” character. “It was very interesting because they like to play and learn just like Elmo and all of his friends at Sesame Street.”

What a horrible thing to teach kids.

(I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell.)

Yes they like to learn... Now think... WHO IS TEACHING THEM? And it's not friggen Elmo.

Ellmo Akbar.

edit on 28/6/2017 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Your claim is now that CNN is lying, that Miliband did not address the Supreme Court decision.

Yes. CNN is lying.

Please quote when the man said this in response about a question about security. I anxiously await your clip where you can prove this.

Go to your own link and watch the video they provide. Starts at 10:46.

I guess CNN is saying that him saying "especially today" while criticizing the US as having fear and loathing and lamenting poorer countries taking in more refugees is them saying Miliban meant the court decision.

Miliband is clearly making a political point about how the US is afraid and as a result should be doing more. Therefore, they are using Elmo for politics, not just saying all children are special.

In addition to this either

1. Miliband was referencing the court decision when he said especially today, meaning that those that claimed otherwise on this thread were wrong.

2. CNN is lying and using elmo after the fact to push a political narrative, which means that all of the people on this thread defending CNN are doubly wrong.

But I will add thank you for finding the exact moment that quote was said.

The video on the OP was only 9 minutes and change, and did not include this section. People should watch the clip and make up their own mind what Miliband was saying.
edit on 28-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Next week on CNN;

Elmo discusses female genital mutilation.

Next week on ATS:

Right Wingers go ape# for CNN having a guest that tells kids it's good to brush your teeth.

Brushing your teeth is the same as cutting out a young girls clitoris?

says it all, right there folks..

sick.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

I guess CNN is saying that him saying "especially today" while criticizing the US as having fear and loathing and lamenting poorer countries taking in more refugees is them saying Miliban met the court decision.

Miliband is clearly making a political point about how the US is afraid and as a result should be doing more. Therefore, they are using Elmo for politics, not just saying all children are special.

That could be their interpretation, but I think he was referring to fears of terrorism.

1. Miliband was referencing the court decision when he said especially today, meaning that those that claimed otherwise on this thread were wrong.

That's up for interpretation. Again, it seems more logical that he was referring to terrorism, given the context of the conversation.

2. CNN is lying and using elmo after the fact to push a political narrative, which means that all of the people on this thread defending CNN are doubly wrong.

On it' surface, I agree. I think CNN is taking his statements out of context.

Shame on them.

But I will add thank you for finding the exact moment that quote was said. The video on the OP was only 9 minutes and change, and did not include this section. People should watch the clip and make up their own mind what Miliband was saying.

You're welcome, and I hope you notice how I am willing to change my position when proper evidence is provided.

It does appear the CNN writer of this piece is using their personal political beliefs to interpret what this man was talking about, and I think they took it out of context.

There is no mention of the SCOTUS decision or the ban.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

Telling kids that kids from war torn countries are the same as them is truly a disservice to what those poor kids have gone through (rape-pillage-murder).

Sitting in a comfy studio chatting about Elmo making things OK is the height of liberal snow blindness.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

I guess CNN is saying that him saying "especially today" while criticizing the US as having fear and loathing and lamenting poorer countries taking in more refugees is them saying Miliban met the court decision.

That could be their interpretation, but I think he was referring to fears of terrorism.

That's up for interpretation. Again, it seems more logical that he was referring to terrorism, given the context of the conversation.

On it' surface, I agree. I think CNN is taking his statements out of context.

Shame on them.

But I will add thank you for finding the exact moment that quote was said. The video on the OP was only 9 minutes and change, and did not include this section. People should watch the clip and make up their own mind what Miliband was saying.

You're welcome, and I hope you notice how I am willing to change my position when proper evidence is provided.

It does appear the CNN writer of this piece is using their personal political beliefs to interpret what this man was talking about, and I think they took it out of context.

There is no mention of the SCOTUS decision or the ban.

I do acknowledge that and again I thank you for finding that clip. I swear I looked for the full video for an hour, and here is was at the bottom of the very page I had linked.

Further more, I will say that I know we disagree a lot, and thats unlikely to change, but I respect you as someone who is very intelligent, and you often make me think very hard in my responses to you (even if they are snarky at times), and have occasionally make me changed my mind.

I am really enjoy our discussions on here.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I love you too...

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

I love you too...

All right, enough of that.

Now back intellectually crushing you.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

I agree. The article itself introduced the SCOTUS decision aspect.

But the quote from Millibrand was in regards to a question about security in the refugee camps.

Well the thread is about CNN's new low - so it stands on the basis it's CNN using this to push propaganda about the travel ban.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

But the quote from Millibrand was in regards to a question about security in the refugee camps.

Well the thread is about CNN's new low - so it stands on the basis it's CNN using this to push propaganda about the travel ban.

Exactly. I many ways, if they are taking Milibands comments out of context to prove a point about the travel ban, its even worse.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I have to agree. What confuses me is how the writer came to that conclusion based on the context of what was being discussed. It seems obvious to me that they were discussing security and therefore his comments were in reference to terrorism. He even mentioned it in his statement.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I have to agree. What confuses me is how the writer came to that conclusion based on the context of what was being discussed. It seems obvious to me that they were discussing security and therefore his comments were in reference to terrorism. He even mentioned it in his statement.

In all honesty Introvert, it should not confuse you. The media has become a joke and it's been that way for some time - and in a rare moment (for me) of backing off CNN, it's all of them not just CNN. They don't seem interested in reporting what actually happens, only what they can make of a story to underpin the message they WANT to send.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   

In all honesty Introvert, it should not confuse you. The media has become a joke and it's been that way for some time - and in a rare moment (for me) of backing off CNN, it's all of them not just CNN. They don't seem interested in reporting what actually happens, only what they can make of a story to underpin the message they WANT to send.

Sad to say, but it appears you may be correct in this case.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

“Did you find that the Syrian little girls and little boys were a lot like your friends here in America?” Ward asked Elmo.

“Yeah, they really were,” said the “Sesame Street” character. “It was very interesting because they like to play and learn just like Elmo and all of his friends at Sesame Street.”

What a horrible thing to teach kids.

(I'm being sarcastic if you can't tell.)

Actually, it is right up CNN's alley.
The 'person' being interviewed is a puppet.
They can make up whatever they want to.
They should use puppets instead of anonymous sources... there will still be people believing it.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Good point. CNN (all news really) are puppets.

The fact that CNN has the guts to do a interview like this and act like it is informative and hard hitting is indeed a new low.

I wonder why Elmo didn't talk about the horrible life long scars kids that witness the horrors that these kids did, they may need emotional help. Something the US is worse at delivering that regular health care.
edit on 28-6-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I've contacted CNN to see if they can give us more context to this story.

We will see if they respond.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join