It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN New Low: CNN Uses Sesame Street's Elmo to Attack Trump's Travel Ban

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
Wasn't the man that played Elmo a pedophile?

Anyways, CNN is obviously trying to go for a new demographic - the very young and naive - since they are losing most of their audience now.

Except that they aren't.

Ratings for CNN, and the other cable news networks, are soaring. CNN’s ratings are up 51% compared to this time last year among adults 25 to 54 years old. Fox News is up over 50%. MSNBC is up more than 30%. Cable news ratings normally fall precipitously after a presidential election.

Indeed, CNN had its most profitable year in 2016 and is on pace to do even better in 2017. Zucker said that CNN hopes to earn $1 billion in profit this year. Stock in CNN’s parent company Time Warner continues to perform strongly too, gaining 21% in value since last October.

Link
Link

Trump told you the media is failing, right? Did he also tell you he's intimate friends with the head of CNN, who green lighted his TV shows?

Something tells me he left that part out.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

That's a good point, but 1/2 the voting public voted for Hillary the faint.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
While the method is flawed the message is true. I moved to Brampton On this year. check it's demographics. 57% immigrants. Particularly Indian, Sikh, Arab, Filipino, etc. I was leery of moving here but have found them to be good people. respectful and helpful. Much more so than Canadians. My only complaint is that they have to learn to drive properly.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I think the most likely reason is bigotry, but I guess hypothetically there is another reason...

Extreme Nationalism , maybe a hard core distain for Elmo..

There are a few other reasons..

I kinda think it's a mistake to label things as racist, bigotry, exc. if your not sure that's not the motivation.

Some one could just be an @$$ or misinformed rather than a a bigot.
edit on 28-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

There's a difference between watching CNN, and being influenced by CNN.

When I say audience, I'm not talking numbers, I'm talking people actually taking them serious.

You think everyone that watches CNN are devout followers? Even I occasionally watch CNn just to see what # they are spewing now.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Grambler

He was asked about the court decision and that is what he said in response. The fact that you will try to spin this as if he wasn't talking about the courts decision in that quote proves how disingenious you are.

I cannot watch the video at the moment. At what time in that video was he asked about the court decision?

I'm not trying to spin this. I'm just asking questions and trying to get full context. Nothing in his statement mentions the ban or the decision and no quote was provided with the question he was asked.

You ought to be ashamed the way you are trying to twist this to say he wasn't talking about the court decision.

I have not seen the question he was asked. Please provide the exact quote. I have nothing to be ashamed of and I don't need you trying to shame me from your arrogant ivory tower.

The video is only a 9 minute clip, not the whole segment.

I provided you with what CNN said, they asked him about the court decision, and that was his response.

I have emailed CNN and asked for a transcript of the whole segment.

I don't live in an ivory tower. I exist in reality, where when CNN puts on a panel with elmo, and then puts in there own article about it that on that panel a member was asked about the travel ban court decision, and he replied the way he did, that constitutes discussing the court decision.

So when people say "He didn't even discuss the travel ban" they are wrong.

When people like you attempt to somehow try to twist that, you are being dishonest.

Calling you out for your dishonesty is not living in an ivory tower.
edit on 28-6-2017 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

There's a difference between watching CNN, and being influenced by CNN.

When I say audience, I'm not talking numbers, I'm talking people actually taking them serious.

You think everyone that watches CNN are devout followers? Even I occasionally watch CNn just to see what # they are spewing now.

However you want to move the goal posts is up to you. The fact is, CNN and pretty much all media in America are raking in record profits and numbers of viewers.

I know that Trump says different, but as with most things he says, it isn't true.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

# of eyes in CNN is what they make $$$ off. And that is what it is about.

Although there is a lib slant to CNN, and it seems to be selling well.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

a reply to: UKTruth

Timing - Sesame St got involved months ago with the plight of kids displaced by war, including Syrians. CNN used it days after the Trump admin won it's battle to implement the travel ban and limit refugees.

By looking at the SS FB page, it appears this was setup to take place before the ruling came down. A post on the 24th talks about it.

www.facebook.com...

Here is a link discussing the potential of a possible decision being made the following week, but no one knew for sure when it would be made.

time.com...

So CNN did not use it days after. They set it up before they knew when the SCOTUS would rule.

Yes and then introduced questions about the travel ban and linked a story tot he travel ban in the content. They just couldn't help themselves seizing a good cause to push political propaganda. That's CNN for you.

You should really abandon your defence of them - they have been well and truly busted.
edit on 28/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Who mentioned anything about profits? My initial response in this thread was clearly a joke but you couldn't miss the opportunity to take what I said out of context and straw man me.

Like I said, anyone still following CNN is not too far, from being too far gone, and the numbers you pulled up mean absolutely nothing, other than maybe a lot of people are too gone, or a lot of people are tuning in to see the very fake news in action.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Think this maybe a horse to water situation.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I provided you with what CNN said, they asked him about the court decision, and that was his response.

No. They did not as far as I can find. He was adding to what the other woman had said in regards to a question about security in the refugee camps. Can you provide a time for the specific question.

They didn't. The quote you was in response about security.

You've proven nothing.
edit on 28-6-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

"a reply to: Sillyolme

I think the most likely reason is bigotry, but I guess hypothetically there is another reason...

Extreme Nationalism , maybe a hard core distain for Elmo..

There are a few other reasons..

I kinda think it's a mistake to label things as racist, bigotry, exc. if your not sure that's not the motivation.

Some one could just be an @$$ or misinformed rather than a a bigot. "

See there is me policing my own.. I think all of would appreciate y'all doing the same.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Who mentioned anything about profits? My initial response in this thread was clearly a joke but you couldn't miss the opportunity to take what I said out of context and straw man me.

Like I said, anyone still following CNN is not too far, from being too far gone, and the numbers you pulled up mean absolutely nothing, other than maybe a lot of people are too gone, or a lot of people are tuning in to see the very fake news in action.

The numbers I pulled up mean exactly what they mean, that CNN is posting record profits and viewers.

They aren't losing viewers and they aren't failing in the slightest. Despite the narrative being pushed that they are.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I agree. The article itself introduced the SCOTUS decision aspect.

But the quote from Millibrand was in regards to a question about security in the refugee camps.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

No they are not....

All mainstream news sources have been dropping as people swap to internet "television entertainment " instead..

All from both political factions..

If anyone is taking in record profits it is the compilation internet sites that rewrite MSM stories with their own slant.... they don't even have journalists..

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

No. They did not. He was adding to what the other woman had said in regards to a question about security in the refugee camps.

They didn't. The quote you was in response about security.

You've proven nothing.

For the last time, I will quote you EXACTLY what CNN says.

Miliband also addressed the US Supreme Court's decision to uphold parts of Donald Trump's controversial travel ban and the President's stance on refugees.

"It's worth saying, perhaps especially today, that this country, the US, receives very few refugees and there's a lot of fear and loathing being put out. Countries like Jordan, a million refugees. Uganda, where I've just been, a million refugees. People there see the refugees as their brothers and sisters, not as terrorists who are coming to get them, and there's a real lesson in humanity and compassion from countries that are much poorer than us that are doing so much more."

www.cnn.com...

Your claim is now that CNN is lying, that Miliband did not address the Supreme Court decision.

Why would CNN lie about their own segment?

Please quote when the man said this in response about a question about security.

I anxiously await your clip where you can prove this.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I don't see how..I always leave room to be wrong, but all their veiwerships have bee. Dropping for years as people move away from network and cable television..

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

No they are not....

All mainstream news sources have been dropping as people swap to internet "television entertainment " instead..

All from both political factions..

If anyone is taking in record profits it is the compilation internet sites that rewrite MSM stories with their own slant.... they don't even have journalists..

Then how do you explain the record profits and viewers?

ETA: These news companies also have a huge online presence. Blogs and smaller news sites advertising revenue pale in comparison.
edit on 28-6-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Im sorry, did you do that just to get noticed or did you actually think it was the right thing to do?

Like I said, I'm not part of your little experiment, but don't let me stop you on your moral journey.

But I will encourage you on.

Remember you inspire it, and inspiration doesn't need to be mentioned.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join