It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN New Low: CNN Uses Sesame Street's Elmo to Attack Trump's Travel Ban

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Really ..well the supreme court let everyone who would want to come here come here.
Family, school or job.
So not much of a ban.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Really ..well the supreme court let everyone who would want to come here come here.
Family, school or job.
So not much of a ban.

Wow. You might want to reread that decision.

You are literally the only person I have seen anywhere with that interpretation.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Well that's pretty obvious isn't it? That's because they make it obvious for a reason, to get people outraged.

Those in power don't like rational thinking, they need people outraged and irrational to carry their agenda forward. Cue CNN and other blatantly biased media outlets and you have a perfect recipe for widespread irrationality.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Wasn't the man that played Elmo a pedophile?

Anyways, CNN is obviously trying to go for a new demographic - the very young and naive - since they are losing most of their audience now.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Well that's pretty obvious isn't it? That's because they make it obvious for a reason, to get people outraged.

Those in power don't like rational thinking, they need people outraged and irrational to carry their agenda forward. Cue CNN and other blatantly biased media outlets and you have a perfect recipe for widespread irrationality.

So call them out every time until they are history. Only then will a real media rise from the ashes.
CNN are already toast, though, in fairness. They are already firmly established as the primary exponent of fake news and once their audience realise that there is nothing to the Trump/Russia story there will be even bigger backlash.
edit on 28/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They are just trying to stay current.

I heard that next they are going to show Oscar the grouch joining ISIS and then throwing Burt and Ernie off the roof of a tall building.

edit on 28-6-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I'm pretty damn sure that for the entirety of Sesame Street's existence, one of their main goals has always been inclusion, and showing that people are relatively the same everywhere, regardless of where they live, what race they are, etc.

So now this is propaganda instead of basic human decency? Have to love political zealots. Or not.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Who's still banned? People who don't have ties to this country that's who.

So ....The ones who want to come can still come.
Family, school, job.

The ones who don't have family here, or go to school here, or have a potential for a job here aren't coming here.
So everyone who wants to come can pretty much still come.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy
I'm pretty damn sure that for the entirety of Sesame Street's existence, one of their main goals has always been inclusion, and showing that people are relatively the same everywhere, regardless of where they live, what race they are, etc.

So now this is propaganda instead of basic human decency? Have to love political zealots. Or not.

I have no problem with that.

Care to comment on them asking Miliband about a Supreme court decision on that segment, and him responding by criticizing the US and fear and loathing that was coming out, and criticizing the US because other countries are doing more?

Has Sesame Street always been in the business of comment on Supreme court decisions and deriding US policies?

Funny, I don't recall Elmo or people he was talking to criticizing Obama for making so many refugees.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

me too

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Who's still banned? People who don't have ties to this country that's who.

So ....The ones who want to come can still come.
Family, school, job.

The ones who don't have family here, or go to school here, or have a potential for a job here aren't coming here.
So everyone who wants to come can pretty much still come.

No... those that are able to secure jobs through an employer are able to come.. that does not mean everyone who wants to come.

As for the rest the court said "“a credible claim of a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States.”

That means the vast majority of the populations from the six countries are banned, including refugees. Even those that might "want" to visit the US for a holiday are now banned.
edit on 28/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Disagree

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Oscar is a cannist. The world begins and ends at the circumference of corrugated metal he calls home.
He doesn't care because his can is only big enough for one.

Why do you think he's so grouchy in the first place.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Anyways, CNN is obviously trying to go for a new demographic - the very young and naive - since they are losing most of their audience now.

Are you saying libs are wising up?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

What a surprise.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Please do some homework.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Timing - Sesame St got involved months ago with the plight of kids displaced by war, including Syrians. CNN used it days after the Trump admin won it's battle to implement the travel ban and limit refugees.

By looking at the SS FB page, it appears this was setup to take place before the ruling came down. A post on the 24th talks about it.

www.facebook.com...

Here is a link discussing the potential of a possible decision being made the following week, but no one knew for sure when it would be made.

time.com...

So CNN did not use it days after. They set it up before they knew when the SCOTUS would rule.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Propaganda before or after a ruling is still propaganda.

Or is there a difference in your book?

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Are you saying libs are wising up?

I'll just say anyone still being influenced and guided by CNN is probably a few steps away from being gone for good.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

He was asked about the court decision and that is what he said in response. The fact that you will try to spin this as if he wasn't talking about the courts decision in that quote proves how disingenious you are.

I cannot watch the video at the moment. At what time in that video was he asked about the court decision?

I'm not trying to spin this. I'm just asking questions and trying to get full context. Nothing in his statement mentions the ban or the decision and no quote was provided with the question he was asked.

You ought to be ashamed the way you are trying to twist this to say he wasn't talking about the court decision.

I have not seen the question he was asked. Please provide the exact quote. I have nothing to be ashamed of and I don't need you trying to shame me from your arrogant ivory tower.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join