It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN faced $100M lawsuit over botched Russia story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I told you guys a few days ago that CNN was in deep legal dodo.
That story broke this morning in the NY Post.
For those of you that have been on this earth for a while, I don't believe I need to tell you what kind of company American Telephone and Telegraph is.
When this merger goes thru that logo (CNN) will stand for the Castrated News Network.
God bless American and God bless the 45th President of the United States of America Donald J. Trump.

The specter of a $100 million libel suit scared CNN into retracting a poorly reported story that slimed an ally of President Trump’s — and forcing out the staffers responsible for it, The Post has learned.
The cable network’s coverage of Trump transition-team member Anthony Scaramucci came amid federal scrutiny of corporate parent Time Warner’s pending purchase by AT&T — and the widespread belief among media execs that CNN President Jeff Zucker can’t survive a merger.

nypost.com...
edit on 28-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

edit on 28-6-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: flatbush71

Savage. I love it.

Now try them for sedition after that and anything related to transfering or soliciting top secret documents and information from government employees.

edit on 6 28 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Unsurprising. There had to be a behind the scenes reason they retracted, apologized, and made those reporters resign. They've left other complete garbage reporting stand even after it's been debunked and failed to issue apologies. It was obvious something was special about this time, and it wasn't just their conscience or their "journalistic ethics" bothering them.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

CNN can be fake news, but you can not take back all of his tweets that are lies, can you. Russia is still a story. I believe Comey 100%, and also Brennon.

trump said for months, there was no Russia investigation, there was and still IS!!! Now he knows Americans know, and he is blaming Obama, which I DO think if Obama knew he should have done something. My point is, he wanted us to think there was no investigations, which he knew damn good and well there was, now that we know he is deflecting.

Russia is far from over. The investigation is on going. I for one cant wait for MORE of the TRUTH to come out!!

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

I CAN wait for ANY truth to come out at all.

Its been a year already with no evidence or justification....I will just sit for this one.

Trump said HE WASNT under investigstion, which he wasnt as sourced by everyone and their mothers.

edit on 6 28 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
Now try them for sedition after that and anything related to transfering or soliciting top secret documents and information from government employees.

Absolutely. I really wish they'd be sued to oblivion and the people responsible criminally charged. Look at all of the violence and rampages and riots from the left who base their anger solely on the lies that outlets like CNN produce just to bring in money from ratings and views. CNN has contributed to undermining the stability of this country - for profit.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Good, I hope they have to pay the whole amount. I also hope AT&T now will see they should not Merge with them.

posted on Jun, 28 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Just a reminder since I am seeing that word throw around by right wing supporters

Sedition:

conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.

CNN is not inciting people to rebel so stop with the BS attacks.

top topics

join